Biao.t?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have mixed feelings on this one... The RBR is one of the few originals that I do want to purchase. I keep coming back to check out Baio but will eventually stroke a big check to Evan at Bear Mountain [I also want a matching RBR cap for double dabs].

GoldenBud

I have mixed feelings on this one... The RBR is one of the few originals that I do want to purchase. I keep coming back to check out Baio but will eventually stroke a big check to Evan at Bear Mountain [I also want a matching RBR cap for double dabs].
But he said he can't make a RBR for every person which wants it, too much waiting time I think?

Glorg

But he said he can't make a RBR for every person which wants it, too much waiting time I think?
The real deal are for sure hard to get each week is basically an instant sellout if you can afford the piece, but I will say from everything I’ve seen owning a very fine biao rbr the real bear mountain are another world of quality so if you can get one it’s worth it. Honestly the biao has solid function but far from my favorite piece, mine is a double amber purple version. That being said biao is super easy to deal with on Instagram and id highly suggest a ton of his rigs including the rbr, sake, balloon perc (hardcore toke knock off) his sov kingstem knockoffs, very expensive for China glass but extremely cheap still compared to the counterparts. Order from Instagram.

GoldenBud

I really like it so far! Although It doesn't accept the Lotus cap, because of the built-in poker tool (will get 14 male to 14 female adapters). but for the VapCap it's a pleasure. great cooled hits!
IMG-20210712-220934.jpg

MegaMan2k

I know they are priced accordingly, but i think 90% of his work look very rushed.

If you get it for the function, well cool... its like it hurts my eyes to look at them hah :D

MegaMan2k,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I grabbed these (both Silver Fume) from Greek Glass for 15% off last week... they haven't shipped yet tho...:
Can't wait to check 'em out!

Edit: The label was just created...:hmm::\...!

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Picked up the same Sake bottle as @Bologna as well as a reducer for Greek's 710 sale. Happy to share photos and my own impressions. The shipping wasn't really next day (I ordered on Saturday (7/10), the label was printed Tuesday, and didn't really move until Wednesday) but I chalk that up to a backlog of orders from 710 and the sale!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Mine's here! Ordered PM on 7/10 ($72.47 total delivered), shipped from PA 7/13, in my hands before 11AM today...!:
1B2E77E3-C6E8-45F8-9011-1E9AB1E8F201.jpeg 72969D26-5A8F-4A9F-ABE3-28BD230175FD.jpeg A6F28B4A-7C17-43DC-9104-93BCDBEB47C7.jpeg 71BA19B4-7CBF-4A92-B870-6C9C9A573A36.jpeg

But this is what it will be primarily used with:
8D9BD821-3B9D-4DEB-94A3-80413E57871B.jpeg

Despite the up-close lensing, it stands straight. The removable downstem perc has two small holes on one "side", and a larger one out the bottom. The 5mm sapphire pearls were only $.85 ea so I grabbed 10. Hanging is a Dabbing Warehouse "fully worked" 25mm banger.

I'm happy (even tho holding clear water it looks like beer piss...)! And what makes me even happier....? Only a GG logo on the cap and the piece is CLEAN! (Kinda expected a logo)

1626366063408.gif

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Got my saki bottle today. I'm not really an expert on fumed glass, but is this all to be expected?

Through my camera and flash it looks great, and I see the blue and yellows that Greek Glass shows on their site.

In any kind of bright light its a very different story unless I hold it just so.

Is that just the nature of fumed glass with these colors? Bit of a bummer as I think the beer piss comment was uncanny, lol. Is yours quite so piss yellow @Bologna? Otherwise the function and build quality seem fine, and the down stem is as described above (2 small holes pointing in one direction and one larger hole at the bottom of the stem, perpendicular to the other two).

I also picked up a reducer as they were cheap. There's a funky looking crack type of thing running around the perimeter of it. Given its all around it seems part of the manufacturing process, just curious if anyone knows what it might be or if its a concern?

image uploader

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my saki bottle today. I'm not really an expert on fumed glass, but is this all to be expected?

Through my camera and flash it looks great, and I see the blue and yellows that Greek Glass shows on their site.

In any kind of bright light its a very different story unless I hold it just so.

Is that just the nature of fumed glass with these colors? Bit of a bummer as I think the beer piss comment was uncanny, lol. Is yours quite so piss yellow @Bologna? Otherwise the function and build quality seem fine, and the down stem is as described above (2 small holes pointing in one direction and one larger hole at the bottom of the stem, perpendicular to the other two).

I also picked up a reducer as they were cheap. There's a funky looking crack type of thing running around the perimeter of it. Given its all around it seems part of the manufacturing process, just curious if anyone knows what it might be or if its a concern?

image uploader

Sorry yeah that is typical with silver fuming clear, it turns yellow, sunlight can bring out the blue silver colors, if you saw the one I got from DHgate, it is mostly the yellow but there is a part in the neck where the glass is a certain shape that allows for some of the blue silver to show through in regular light fortunately... I think the saki bottle glass is all the same consistency shape so it all looks like that yellow, yeah the galactic one is a silver fumed blue I think, like the other rig I got... How is the function at least??

gordontreeman

Sorry yeah that is typical with silver fuming clear, it turns yellow, sunlight can bring out the blue silver colors, if you saw the one I got from DHgate, it is mostly the yellow but there is a part in the neck where the glass is a certain shape that allows for some of the blue silver to show through in regular light fortunately... I think the saki bottle glass is all the same consistency shape so it all looks like that yellow, yeah the galactic one is a silver fumed blue I think, like the other rig I got... How is the function at least??
Ah, bummer. Function seems fine otherwise. I did a bowl at 390 w/ my tetra earlier and it milked up well and cooled very well for the small amount of water and such. Did seem to strip out all of the flavor despite a relatively simple perc. Maybe my tastes will evolve over time but I guess otherwise for my money I'll not be concerned about complicated percolation and maximizing cooling.

I guess the color will be a reminder to never impulse buy due to sales!

arb

Semi shaved ape

image uploader
That's just a poorly done adapter........about 40% of them seem that way ime.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

image uploader
I'd imagine mine is pretty much exactly the same as yours... try different lighting/lightbulbs, it really can make a difference, but yeah, they should say 'Yellow' in there somewhere if it's the dominant color... I like this piece a lot, actually tho, and it works great in bed either sitting up or laying back. And I dunno about you, but I think it's has a really nice, damn near perfect mouth/"bottle" feel....! Nice thick glass and super quick and easy to clean, too... hard to complain (use it in the dark...;))!

As for your adapter, I'd COMPLAIN! Email em your pic, I bet they send you another.... why wouldn't they?

Last edited:

gordontreeman

I'd Imagine mine is pretty much exactly the same as yours... try different lighting/lightbulbs, it really can make a difference, but yeah, they really should say 'Yellow' in there somewhere if it's the dominant color... I like this piece a lot, actually, and it works great in bed either sitting up or laying back. And I dunno about you, but I think it's has a really nice, damn near perfect mouth/"bottle" feel....! Nice thick glass and super quick and easy to clean, too... hard to complain (use it in the dark...;))!

As for your adapter, I'd COMPLAIN! Email em your pic, I bet they send you another.... why wouldn't they?
I'll consider it re: the adapter. If it doesn't affect the structure tho, its never really going to be visible. I just need it to function as an 18mm to 14mm reducer :).

I agree with your other points as well. I wish I would have known that it would mostly just look yellow. You're right that in the right lighting it gets some beautiful hues--indirect light from the sun seems to work well. I'm staying with family right now so I won't be changing the lights up, but I'm moving in a couple of months anyway--maybe I'll check if some cooler lights work a little better. Everything here is a very warm/yellow hue which isn't usually my preference for lighting anyway as it seems to affect all colors too much.

Otherwise it works super well as a small bubbler. I set it next to my chair when watching television or gaming with friends, and its easy to pick back up and take a large and well-cooled hit when I want. I can't necessarily always see the vapor filling it up in a dark room, so I've inadvertently taken a few massive rips that lay me out! But as you said, the mouthfeel, glass, ease of maintenance, and even percolation are otherwise all great. I just would have gotten their galaxy color if I knew it was mostly yellow and not clear in direct light.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'll consider it re: the adapter. If it doesn't affect the structure tho, its never really going to be visible. I just need it to function as an 18mm to 14mm reducer :).
This is why you pay a little more to these types of (mostly) Chinese vendors... to check each piece over thoroughly before it ships AND CS... personally, I think it's important to hold these shops accountable and make them do their jobs so others aren't inconvenienced by laziness or otherwise... :smug: (And this way, you'll have a spare... :razz: :tup:)

I just would have gotten their galaxy color if I knew it was mostly yellow and not clear in direct light.
(I agree, I would've, too, but shhhhhhhh! Too late... :disgust: I still love it anyway:love:!)

gordontreeman

(I agree, I would've, too, but shhhhhhhh! Too late... :disgust: I still love it anyway:love:!)

Yeah, in indirect light it looks pretty rad!
IMG_8500.JPG

(Okay, indirect light and not covered in cat hair lol--inevitable when I use their tree for lighting). I guess if you want to keep it out you just need to set it up somewhere it will catch some light and viewers will first notice it from an indirect angle (like not parallel to the light source).

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO fumed glass does not really POP with vaping… it was always the accumulation of black shit that made the fuming show it’s intended colors, the color change just does not happen to the same extent if one is exclusively a vaper.

gordontreeman

IMO fumed glass does not really POP with vaping… it was always the accumulation of black shit that made the fuming show it’s intended colors, the color change just does not happen to the same extent if one is exclusively a vaper.
Yeah I think this is exactly it. I wasn’t really familiar with the term fumed and what it meant for construction/blowing of the glass (neat to google tho!), but I remember it being called “color changing glass” when I was younger.

I was going to say I can’t imagine using enough to get a nice black build up and not cleaning it as a smoker, but I guess I had a little sidecar hammer bubbler back then with some fuming that got cleaned maybe once a year 😵😵😵

Top Bottom