BHO extraction on goes BOOM!

Pappy

shmaporist
My friend Filla John was purging gas from his extract and here's the result.
:uhoh:
316755_2324694515612_1197112453_32196746_873786021_n.jpg

Pappy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
OMFG

What exactly was he doing?!

My guess would be he put the dish in the freezer still containing butane and the compressor kicked on and the spark blew it...

JDSupreme,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I can't believe that people are still exploding shit up with solvents after all the information, instructions, and warning out there over the last few years (not to mention a little common sense).

I hope your friend is alright, and anyone else involved. It could have very easily been so much worse than what's shown in that picture with a little carelessness, and I just wish people would smarten up & use their heads playing backyard chemists with kindergarten education regarding solvents.

Educate yourself, play safe, and for christ sakes..... use your heads !

smokum,

Errl

Wow... I am very careful when doing my runs but that is definitely a reminder to not be lax and impatient!

Errl,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
That shit is very aggressive... There was a few(three)guys near me that blew their garage door off the hinges! 1st degree burns all around, plus blinded 2 of em.

Thats not an easy thing to blow up a freezer like that. Great pic!

meduser#420,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
What did he do ? Butane extraction or Nitroglycerine > :rolleyes:

Abysmal Vapor,

stroh

errl enthusiast
and this is why you NEVER, EVER, place your purging batch in the freezer. why would you want to freeze your oil anyways unless you planned on storing it post-purge?

im sorry, but people like this shouldn't be making concentrates if they take their personal safety this lightly.

stroh,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I remember reading somewhere in this forum that the first 3 rules for making this stuff are:

1) Do it outside.
2) Do it outside.
3) Do it outside.

Sounds like great advice to me.

t-dub

t-dub,

weedemon

enthusiast
wow!

He did none of the process outside? i let it evap till it looks like syrup and then i come inside. It only takes 5-15 min for runs i do :p

weedemon,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I get 'agitated' when I see stuff like this (I hope to God no one was injured in any manner). I've got a degree in chemistry and I don't fuck around when I am experimenting at home (read extracting, purging, boiling, evaporating or whatever).

If you need to vacumn purge, get a water tap adapter. Doesn't require electricity.

Evaporating a large amount of butane, ISO or whatever? Gte an isolated room with a window. Open the window (or better yet screen door). Place the pan/container near the open window/door and have a fan 5/6 feet away at a slightly higher elevation than the solvent.

For good measure have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher handy.

Yeah, yeah I know Tom; it's common sense. Well, if it's above your skill level DON'T do it

Tom

tdavie,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i feel i have to comment. this is why meth labs get on the news for blowing up neighborhoods, because people don't do things the right way when dealing with solvents. it's unfortunate, and often leads to legislation limiting brighter, more cautious individuals.

your friend gets no sympathy from me.

OO,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
To be honest I wish we had a little more info on what happened too. I mean I can't imagine what he was trying to do in his freezer with enough butane to cause an explosion like that

MarcellusWiley,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It could very well have had nothing to do with the freezer (at least directly)

I have heard stories of people (stupidly) doing a run indoors that had blown the freezer door off from the other room. Butane is colorless when its in its gaseous form and can be a sneaky sneak when its on a quest for spark.

AGBeer,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
lol, I've got to post the pic from the article above. He really did blow up his house. They reckon that was just 3 cans of butane :o

3687467867.jpg

WatTyler,

treecityrnd

Nice caption on the pic:
"A DRUG user caused an explosion with..."

Again we are lumped with the meth heads. :rolleyes:

treecityrnd,
Top Bottom