BHO explosion in San Diego motel

marduk

daydreamer
Don't light a cigarette while extracting like this guy did.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee812ebc2970d-640wi

Two people were critically burned Wednesday in an explosion in an Ocean Beach area motel room that was being used to extract hashish oil from marijuana, San Diego officials said.

The 20-year-old woman and 21-year-old man were using butane as a heat source in the process, when the man lighted a cigarette, causing the explosion, officials said.

Windows were blown out of several rooms in the three-story Heritage Inn motel. Walls collapsed. A man staying in an adjacent room was injured by flying debris.

Full text below:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/san-diego-drug-lab-explosion.html

SD_haze

Not really Ocean Beach area, more Point Loma,
That place is like 40 seconds from me though :ko:

Crazy that 45 firemen responded

edit:
If anyone's curious, it was a pretty shitty hotel in a fairly run-down area.

SD_haze,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
YEP........ Ya just can't fix 'stupid' I suppose :disgust:

smokum,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Darwinism at it's finest, it's just too bad an innocent person was injured for their stupidity.

And people like us who extract outside, carefully and treat the process with respect will be seen as dangerous criminals running drug labs.

fake name

This is why I always tell people when they're too casual about bho that butane go BOOM. A spark of static could've done the same thing, you don't have to light a cigarette. That being said, lighting a cigarette, really? REALLY? Jay-sus.

The people that did this have probably told others they were wrong about it being dangerous inside, or had someone say as much to them. They do it once with out blowing up and assume they'll always be fine. And then they end up injuring "a man staying in an adjacent room."

fake name,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Not true; my one buddy was stirring his bucket and dropped his iphone in it. That's pretty bad. I'd rather be exploded.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, these folks were stupid. That said, there is so much I don't like about extraction methods that can kill you, or at least make you look like a meth cook. I don't want to start a BHO argument, but I just don't think it's really a good thing for our cause (medical, legal, mature cannabis use, in case you were wondering).

Every time some idiot blows themselves up or starts a fire makes us all look bad in the eyes of the public. Some people don't care about that, but it is important at this crucial juncture in MJ history.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand why dabbing is so popular. It's either a great one hit blast for fun or a great way to medicate quickly. I don't have a problem with either. Personally I'll stick to water extraction and flowers. Again, just my opinion. Carry on :)

Top Bottom