BFG Castle ‘unofficial thread’

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
@Arawfish thanks for your honest assessment. Phil at Soothing Vapour, a big Lotus fan, had been testing the beta Castle from early March and had suggested a number of changes to Vu to make this a world class vape. Seems that the release announcement was premature, and unbeknownst to me I posted it adding to the problem.

In reference to the Lotus, I gave mine away when DV and other vapes showed up on the scene and produced the experience I was looking for. Do wish I would have kept the Lotus as a collectors item though. The Maple body was classic.

coolbreeze

@Arawfish thanks for your honest assessment. Phil at Soothing Vapour, a big Lotus fan, had been testing the beta Castle from early March and had suggested a number of changes to Vu to make this a world class vape. Seems that the release announcement was premature, and unbeknownst to me I posted it adding to the problem.

In reference to the Lotus, I gave mine away when DV and other vapes showed up on the scene and produced the experience I was looking for. Do wish I would have kept the Lotus as a collectors item though. The Maple body was classic.
Hopefully Vu will be able to improve it a bit because the shape and the rosewood are beautiful. I wonder what would happen if he gave it heat-retention capabilities like the TA or his own vape heads.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I ordered (and paid for) one of the last Betas, and it arrived 30 mins ago.

I've never used a Lotus so cannot compare: my reference points are the various iterations of the Dani, and the Vapman.

The rosewood and the overall finish is outstanding, although it's larger and heftier than I'd imagined. I'll give a proper review once I've made friends with it.

StinKing

I ordered (and paid for) one of the last Betas, and it arrived 30 mins ago.

I've never used a Lotus so cannot compare: my reference points are the various iterations of the Dani, and the Vapman.

The rosewood and the overall finish is outstanding, although it's larger and heftier than I'd imagined. I'll give a proper review once I've made friends with it.
I already have a Lotus on the way but still interested in Vu's design as well. What do you think of the Castle?

Also, anyone have any news on the status of the Castle?

StinKing,

Perfect_Speed4069

What do you think of the Castle?
Hmn. The delay of the release is wise, because I think it needs work. I had massively unrealistic expectations I think. It's beautifully machined/finished but some aspects of the design (esp how the pieces fit together/come apart) aren't quite right and I can't seem to get my heating technique right. Unfortunately, I also got a Dani Fusion with a wooden WPA in the same box, which in turn arrived a week after the Convector landed. And both the Fusion and the Convector work so spectacularly well that the Castle has barely had a look in since .

If anyone would like to try the Castle I'll happily send it along. It's been used about 6 times, zero combustion etc

StinKing

Hmn. The delay of the release is wise, because I think it needs work. I had massively unrealistic expectations I think. It's beautifully machined/finished but some aspects of the design (esp how the pieces fit together/come apart) aren't quite right and I can't seem to get my heating technique right. Unfortunately, I also got a Dani Fusion with a wooden WPA in the same box, which in turn arrived a week after the Convector landed. And both the Fusion and the Convector work so spectacularly well that the Castle has barely had a look in since .

If anyone would like to try the Castle I'll happily send it along. It's been used about 6 times, zero combustion etc
Thanks for the reply!

I'd take up your offer, but I've got my Lotus arriving on Friday, so I will have my hands full with that for a while. Looks like this one will be put on the backburner until Vu can iron out the deficiencies. I'm sure he will eventually come out with a great device. He did a great job with listening to feedback on the Dani and eventually releasing the Fusion, which I belive is a near perfect TDE.

And I agree the Fusion and Convector are great devices. Fusion was a hitter right out the box. It took me quite a bit of trial and error for me to fall in love with the convector but after I got my technique down, I find that I like it more than my DVs. Liked it so much that I got the recently released TI version as well.

anasrzi

With regard the lotus and likley the castle there is a learning curve to using it and furthermore getting the very best from the unit. I had a lotus (had being the operative word) which I sold (shouldn't of done so) and I've been keen to see what the castle can do in comparison, although that was at a time when the lotus looked dead a buried only to be revived in a cosmic eyeblink.

Still the castle is intriguing to me along with the newly woke lotus.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
With regard the lotus and likley the castle there is a learning curve to using it and furthermore getting the very best from the unit. I had a lotus (had being the operative word) which I sold (shouldn't of done so) and I've been keen to see what the castle can do in comparison, although that was at a time when the lotus looked dead a buried only to be revived in a cosmic eyeblink.

Still the castle is intriguing to me along with the newly woke lotus.
I'm curious to see what ends up becoming of the castle as it seems to have gone back to the drawing board

Perfect_Speed4069

With regard the lotus and likley the castle there is a learning curve to using it
Agreed. What put me off persevering was reading lotus veterans describing similar difficulties as me. That, and the other two devices (and a Piro) arriving shortly afterwards. I don't need another vape in my life right now - which is why I'm offering it along. Pointless having stuff in drawers

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Agreed. What put me off persevering was reading lotus veterans describing similar difficulties as me. That, and the other two devices (and a Piro) arriving shortly afterwards. I don't need another vape in my life right now - which is why I'm offering it along. Pointless having stuff in drawers
The lotus or the castle?

tinctorus,

StinKing

It doesn't look like we will be seeing the Castle come to market after the Lotus revival.

Shame, but at least we get a re-release of the Lotus.

StinKing,
Top Bottom