Best way to wean off...

nms

I advise everyone to tell your connoisseur friend you have a strain of the opposite type of what it is, and then have him confidently explain how he feels all the effects you've suggested him to feel.

The differences are generally so subtle that a bit of suggestion overcomes them all. I've had so many different highs from the same batch and same strain god knows for what reason.

EverythingsHazy

Why are you looking to wean off? Are you trying to stop forever? Taking a break?

If you want an easier time, using a bit less to help you sleep might be a more comfortable option, as sleeping is often the hardest part of quitting.

Take a look at the "Official Cannabreak Thread" for some advice and support.

ltv

Thank you EverythingsHazy, the OCT is helpful.
I’m sleeping fine but these constant headaches have me thinking it’s COVID. I got tested today.

EverythingsHazy

For me to take a break.
Thanks for the OCT thread.
Thank you EverythingsHazy, the OCT is helpful.
I’m sleeping fine but these constant headaches have me thinking it’s COVID. I got tested today.
You're welcome. I'm glad you find it helpful.

Good luck with your COVID test. Are headaches a common symptom?

EverythingsHazy,

Exsmoker

Plant Manager

I would suggest getting a medical exam, to get to the bottom of this. Headaches can be caused by many things. In my case, I’ve had severe headaches caused from my eyes, sinus and allergies, a degenerative neck disease and other things. But never were they related to cannabis, as far as I know.

And believe it or not, this guy’s videos have helped me In the past.

Exsmoker,
Reactions: arb

ltv

Exsmoker, thanks for the video. It actually helps but relief doesn’t last long. Interesting “bonus” questions.

ltv,

ltv

Took a rapid antigen covid test and thankfully was negative.
yesterday went to an urgent care and was given a shot of Toradol. It was not magic but better than ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Sleeping has become an issue.
Ive taken breaks before, never had headaches. Maybe due to only consuming eatables (25mgs) this time. Perhaps eatables stay in the body longer vs vaping?

ltv,

ltv

I’m feeling miserable. These headaches don’t go away (on average, when will they subside?)
Sleep is not good and I feel depressed, despite taking an snri. My eyes feel uncomfortable and what I don’t understand is why it hurts to bend over to touch my toes when I go half way and feel pain. I have always stretched 4-5 days/week and could easily touch my toes.
Is this part of withdrawal??
Some info from Google/Youtube suggest to slowly taper down the amount consumed which will minimize withdrawal symptoms. Most recommend to quick cold turkey.
I’d be very appreciative for any suggestions.
I never experienced withdrawals like this; maybe due to only consuming 25mgs of an eatable/evening. I used to only vape.
Thank you for the help!🙏

ltv,

Farid

I took my first real break this Winter for a trip to Egypt. Was about a month off, after 9 years of daily use.

I weaned off, going from 3 sessions a day to one single hit a day, until I finally stopped. During the weaning process I stopped using after 6PM, keeping my one hit early enough that it didn't carry over into the next day.

Since returning from Egypt I've kept to 2 hits a day, one in the morning, and one in the evening. This has kept my tolerance low, which has some positives and negatives.

When I tried to stop cold turkey I found I was more likely to crave it. Now I never find myself craving it, and sometimes it feels like I have to remind myself to vape.

I did have some headaches, but they went away. Now stopping caffeine... those headaches are brutal. When I quit weed I cut back on coffee, since I was afraid it was exacerbating some of my restlessness from quitting weed. I attribute most of my headaches to this.

ltv

Thank Farid. When I feel better I will use the herb in moderation.
Arb, my understanding that headaches and depression are not uncommon after going cold turkey.

ltv,

Farid

Are you staying hydrated? When I stopped I drank less water because I wasn't getting the dry throat I usually get when I vape.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Thank Farid. When I feel better I will use the herb in moderation.
Arb, my understanding that headaches and depression are not uncommon after going cold turkey.
Sometime we just gotta suck it up sadly,however this to shall pass.
🤗

arb,

Old Toker

I’ve been consuming 20-25mgs of eatables everyday for approximately one year.
I'm trying to figure out how you dose at this amount. Probably a math issue on my end that hopefully someone can help me figure out where I've gone wrong. 1000 mgs=1g? I believe that I am consuming .25g per day....which is 250mgs per day. That would be 10X the amount you are consuming per day (correct?).
Here is how I came up with my dosage estimate. I start with 56 grams of decarbed pot. Mix in 32 oz of coco butter in a Magic Butter machine. The end result is that for each stick of canna butter (4 ozs) that I use ....there should be aprox 7 grams of pot. I then make 28 cookies from one 4 oz stick. 7 grams divided by 28 cookies is .25 grams per cookie. Is my math incorrect? Am I just a hopelessly out of control stoner? I guess both could (likely are) true.

Old Toker,

ltv

I'm trying to figure out how you dose at this amount. Probably a math issue on my end that hopefully someone can help me figure out where I've gone wrong. 1000 mgs=1g? I believe that I am consuming .25g per day....which is 250mgs per day. That would be 10X the amount you are consuming per day (correct?).
Here is how I came up with my dosage estimate. I start with 56 grams of decarbed pot. Mix in 32 oz of coco butter in a Magic Butter machine. The end result is that for each stick of canna butter (4 ozs) that I use ....there should be aprox 7 grams of pot. I then make 28 cookies from one 4 oz stick. 7 grams divided by 28 cookies is .25 grams per cookie. Is my math incorrect? Am I just a hopelessly out of control stoner? I guess both could (likely are) true.

The eatables dose is stated on the package.
In terms of “gummies” or tinctures, is 20-25 mgs considered a high dose? Thank you

ltv,

Old Toker

If your assuming your cannibis is 100% cannabinoids and that your extraction recovered 100%? I imagine its somewhat less than you estimate. Here is a dosage calculator. https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator/
I can only estimate what the % of cannabinoids is without sending each harvest to a lab. The seed company does provide a strain estimate and supposedly the Magic Butter mfg has tested the remaining plant material after extraction and says it's negligible. As opposed to estimating cannabinoids....I'm using the actual weight of the decarbed flowers and coco butter divided by the number of cookies produced. Do you have a better method that doesn't require a lab analysis?

Old Toker,
Reactions: shredder

Old Toker

The eatables dose is stated on the package.
Which package? When you say that you are "..consuming 20-25mgs of eatables everyday.." what does the 20-25mgs actually refer to...total cannabinoids or something else? I've never had the option to purchase commercially produced gummies/edibles so I am not familiar with the packaging and am just relaying my homemade method and aprox amount of herb in each of my my edibles.

Old Toker,

shredder

I can only estimate what the % of cannabinoids is without sending each harvest to a lab.

Most people will estimate the %. It won't be as exact as a lab, but at least the calculator lets us communicate in the same language. MG of the cannabinoids present is pretty much the unit used in medibles.

I would estimate slightly less than what the seed company says on any variety as their numbers are optimistic at best.

Edit, here's some numbers, for 7 gr at 20%, total cannabinoids are 1.4 gr. Divided by 28 cookies it's .05 or 50mg each, if your herb has 20% total cannabinoids and you extracted 100% both optimistic numbers but this gives you a ball park.

If your herb was 17% and you extracted at a 90% efficiency your cookies would be 38mg.

Last edited:

ltv

Please allow this segue:
Are headaches common when daily cannabis use is abruptly stopped? Thank you

shredder

Please allow this segue:
Are headaches common when daily cannabis use is abruptly stopped? Thank you

Not for me. At most I feel a little antsy, or restless, but it passes fairly fast.

shredder,
Top Bottom