Best way to do a cannabis tasting for a group of people?

Razhumikin

One of my good friends has decided to start a supper club, and he asked me to be his cannabis sommelier. This sounds really fun, but leaves me with the following question:
Whats the best way to conduct a tasting for a large-ish group (6) of people who have no exposure to vaping?

I was thinking maybe a log vape with a direct draw stem that i could quickly rinse with iso and hot water after each strain, but not sure if thats the best method. Anybody have any ideas?

GoldenBud

TP80 tastes better than UD but it's a risk if somebody will break your device.... I wouldn't bring glass vapes although they taste better.... maybe iHeat 510? idk.... Mi3 also tastes awesome but breakable....
or Musa 510...
or UD on low temp?

GoldenBud,

Razhumikin

The problem with any portable is the learning curve to using the device, whereas a log is a bit easier for a novice to use. Still its unclear if convection is even the right choice, as the long draw might not be for everyone, but conduction usually tastes worse and has its own set of problems. Its a puzzler for sure.

GoldenBud

TP80 has no learning curve IMHO, set temp to low temp (i don't need to tell you, you're a pro, just if anybody else see this msg in the future......) and inhale slowly..steady..

GoldenBud,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
What a fun idea!

A log sounds like a good choice but in that setting it needs to be a one with a short recovery time. A powerful portable like a TM might be easier in that regard, is there any reason why you can't have more than one device to extend the experience to vape signatures if desired.

You can test thier palette by preparing 3 stems with 2 strains and ask them to blindly pick the odd one out.

nicknobody

Log seems ideal? I say some sort of desk top to stay as far away from a nicotine vape style that most are familiar with

Keep it convection with a sat dom hybrid to keep everyone engaged

Razhumikin

What about bag/baloon vapes? I know, they are so 20 years ago (and then there's plastics etc.), but they bypass the learning curve issue and the flavour is generally well preserved for the entire bag.
...Yeah, I'd probably go for a log :)
I own a volcano, but I dont love the flavor from it. However you are right that its probably the best way to do the tasting, as long as I stick to one bag per strain the flavor should be fine. Great idea, thank you!

nicknobody

What about bag/baloon vapes? I know, they are so 20 years ago (and then there's plastics etc.), but they bypass the learning curve issue and the flavour is generally well preserved for the entire bag.
...Yeah, I'd probably go for a log :)
Might just have everyone in shock when they ask where to get one and how much they cost..

Is taste the key here or sharing connivence?

Everyone has good points here

nicknobody,

Radwin Bodnic

You also can go for 6x Vaponics and a Loxlux heater if you can find or DIY one.
Everyone will have his own glass taster. It won't be more expansive than a desktop, mimics the smoking gesture, can be used while chilling on a sofa... although it is not pure convection, the taste of the Vaponic is absolutely great and can be very analytic.

Razhumikin

Might just have everyone in shock when they ask where to get one and how much they cost..

Is taste the key here or sharing connivence?

Everyone has good points here
Its gotta be a balance of both. Ideally i would bring my musa and a jhook and we would get the best absoluts flavor for everyone, but the risks of someone breaking it and having to explain how it works to everyone would make that overly onerous. I think a volcano and a bag is probably the best combination of flavor, ease of use, and durability, but im open to other suggestions.

The vaponic and loxlux look great, but idk how id even find one of those.

cvs8floz

You would need a device for each participant if the point is to sample different strains, I would probably go with the lighter hitting portables like the Mighty or Arizer solo or Air or anything similar that you own especially if women participate. I would do no more than 3-4 strains and I would make sure nobody consumes too much and gets sick and ruins the evening for everyone.

cvs8floz,

strech

What about them one hitter like vapes. I think they are called danvapes or something. With a group of non regular users this would be at least some what easy. Or just grab some concentrates and bring the dab rig. You load it and they get blasted. Lol

strech,

Easywider

Simple is the way
It would be incredibly cool if you could transfer the contents of a volcano bag into rocks glasses or something. Just bring a tray of drinks over to the table for people to sip inhale. In my much younger days when I was into building e-cigs I used to take a monster inhale then exhale it into a pint glass and walk around with it to see peoples reactions ( yes i'm an idiot ) but it was entertaining. Cannabis vapour condenses much faster than e-cig vapour but maybe if the glasses were warmed first. Could be worth at home test for science anyway

GoldenBud

danvapes or something
DaniVape is a conduction device, less tasty probably
the author of this post has 70 vapes, only few of them using conduction heating method, all his vapes are convection based, he doesn't have Dynavap or DaniVape or Anvil

GoldenBud,

Radwin Bodnic

Ideally i would bring my musa and a jhook and we would get the best absoluts flavor for everyone,
If I had a Musa I would be very anxious about letting other people, let alone vape newbies, operate it... :uhoh:
I'd prefer to use a third lung like the Grav large gravitron. You could operate the vape yourself (and do the show : filling the gravitron while talking about myrcene, pinene, limonene and entourage effect, etc... I'm sure you'll make up something nice :nod:). With a whip or a mouthpiece per participant they could sip one after the other on the gravitron. Maybe a pass through operated by yourself could be useful to control dosage. :D

Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: Razhumikin

Razhumikin

Thanks everybody for the help! Im gonna just have to test a few methods at the trial dinners and then go with what works best for the launch. If any of you are in NYC in late summer/early fall and want to come to a dinner at the supper club, just hit me up and Ill let you know the deets!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
One of my good friends has decided to start a supper club, and he asked me to be his cannabis sommelier. This sounds really fun, but leaves me with the following question:
Whats the best way to conduct a tasting for a large-ish group (6) of people who have no exposure to vaping?

I was thinking maybe a log vape with a direct draw stem that i could quickly rinse with iso and hot water after each strain, but not sure if thats the best method. Anybody have any ideas?
Wait. Why ‘a’ log vape. You just admitted you have 10 UD on that thread. Why not take more than one?

Also, don’t you have multiple pieces by CC with removable 14 mm mouthpieces?

Seems like a station for the alphas, and a station with the SCs with a couple of mouthpieces to rotate might work.

Also. I’ll need your address.

Razhumikin

Wait. Why ‘a’ log vape. You just admitted you have 10 UD on that thread. Why not take more than one?

Also, don’t you have multiple pieces by CC with removable 14 mm mouthpieces?

Seems like a station for the alphas, and a station with the SCs with a couple of mouthpieces to rotate might work.

Also. I’ll need your address.
This wont be happening at my apt, its my friends supper club. Id rather not have to schlep lots of logs and glass all the way to brooklyn and back, and I def dont want to have to walk everyone through how to hit a bong/risk them breaking my personal glass pieces that I would have to replace at my own expense. The flavor is most pure from direct draw, and its also the easiest/least intimidating method of using a log.
Also, just a note, its not an "admission" lol, its a statement. I am not ashamed of having 10 UDs nor am I in anyway hiding it, im very happy to have been able to support Dave and Amanda and im all the richer for having my pick of UDs.

nicknobody

this is the first time I’ve heard someone recommend a bag for flavor lol

I’ve had pure conduction devices that taste better

nicknobody,
Top Bottom