Best vape for the ski lift?

MedMJ22

I plan on using my Legacy Pro while skiing. It’s compact and fairly sturdy.

MedMJ22,

Texus

Ya’ll should join us on the snowboard lift, ‘cano in a backpack with a whip brah.

I keed, I keed. I feel like the XMax V3 is almost made for an application like this? Without too much thought (which is how I do most everything) I think that’s what I’d go with.
Yeah. But when Roffu price is that close to v3 I'd go with that. And the lil extra protection that the Roffu has from that 5 buck rubber case

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I've used an ArGo, TinyMight and DaVinci IQ skiing in the East and in Colorado. I have an RBT Splinter Z, but would not risk the glass inside the wood. My DynaVaps too fiddly. The Argo somehow always seemed to turn itself on, which I always found heart warming. The IQ was very durable and other than being more a session vape, worked well. TinyMight, never disappoints. I always carry a spare battery in a case, but keeping that in warm place is not always easy and while I've never had one short out, they do make me nervious buried in ski gear, deep enough to be warm. I mean how, quickly could you get that thing out if mid run through the trees it goes off, that is if you don't hit a tree freaking out.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
We've come a long way in options. Back in my younger days, the item of choice was a one hitter bat in a wooden dugout. Worked well as long as you could get the lighter lit in the wind. Sometimes you had to bury your head down in your coat to use it as a wind breaker. The worst was when you had the bat, but your friend had the lighter on the chairlift behind you. :rant:

CANtalk

I have a crafty+ but I still don't find this to be great for the ski lift. Heat up time is almost 2 minutes out in the cold and I don't wanna fall on it an break it during runs. Any suggestions?
Fwiw, I've used an OG crafty in my cargo shorts pocket riding the MTB on big time single track in summer, never had an issue, average 3-5 crashes a year :rolleyes:. Has similarly done the job in winter but can drain the heater faster in big draws. For my next ultraportable w/ quick heat up time & sustainable heat, I really enjoyed the Davinci IQ2. It hits a lots of sweet spots, excellent quality, ~45 seconds to heat up, very small, huge chamber, pod / capsule options, programmable temp stepping, replaceable batteries, etc.

:peace: :leaf:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
We've come a long way in options. Back in my younger days, the item of choice was a one hitter bat in a wooden dugout. Worked well as long as you could get the lighter lit in the wind. Sometimes you had to bury your head down in your coat to use it as a wind breaker. The worst was when you had the bat, but your friend had the lighter on the chairlift behind you. :rant:
Still have my dugout, gathering dust, but difficult to throw out as I've had it for decades!

Helios

Where you headed? We're up to WF next weekend. I'll be relying on my Edge with the og mouthpiece or maybe the short glass stem :tup:
hey pal,
this week was local Belleayre, where's the snow? this is crazy. WF is on Feb agenda, hopefully with better conditions. if u recall early season bought the 'ski 3' season discount passes for Gore, WF, Bell. 50% off day passes no wknds or blackout dates. i tried using that Noir Xmax pro 3 knockoff, yea that thing was in the trash after the second run on the gondola. Edge is decent for the slopes, should bring mine up too always forget to bring it. idk the M+ cranks out effortlessly without any issues, would be interesting to do an FC meetup for the skiers here if anyone is interested, spit-balling.

Last edited:
Helios,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

The snow's in upper ny and vt. WF opened stuff yesterday and today that doesn't get opened very often so they're getting some good snow. Hope it keeps up for another 10 days or so. Isn't the mighty a little bulky to be carrying around?

GetLeft,
Reactions: Helios

Helios

The snow's in upper ny and vt. WF opened stuff yesterday and today that doesn't get opened very often so they're getting some good snow. Hope it keeps up for another 10 days or so. Isn't the mighty a little bulky to be carrying around?
after that dump in Buffalo yes!
may do a VT run early Feb. pick up a gallon of local maple syrup on the way back, why not. Mighty isn't too bulky, keep it in the front pocket of the ski parka, fits snug, its a good idea to tag along the Edge as its a smaller profile, but the vapor is better on the M. i also bring one of those quick rechargeable pens along, but they remind me of drinking flat soda pop, it misses the mark on a solid buzz. only really good when at the bar in the lodge lol.

regarding your choices on the MP for the Edge, go with the stock, glass is clearly the better choice but on the slopes? be careful.
i should invest in the venerable tinymight, its one vape I had in the cart for ever but never pulled on it.

Last edited:

GetLeft

YuckMassF

Just came back from the slopes, i always searched a good ski vape. Tried the mighty, dynavaps, but my choice is now on the Dotleaf.

Only problem is realiability, sometimes it acts wierd, but i never had a real problem on the slopes with it. It is a heavy hitter wich is what im looking for and is really small, perfect for skiing.

YuckMassF,

Helios

@Helios just for fun : )

ski the east
now that is fun! haha love it.

Just came back from the slopes, i always searched a good ski vape. Tried the mighty, dynavaps, but my choice is now on the Dotleaf.

Only problem is realiability, sometimes it acts wierd, but i never had a real problem on the slopes with it. It is a heavy hitter wich is what im looking for and is really small, perfect for skiing.
you found what works for you, also it depends where to vape some days its too cold to take off the gloves unless on a gondola to vape, other days ill just wait for lunch and hit something at the lodge somewhere low key then lift off again for another few runs down. so many options today for us skiers/riders.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I can't ski lit until I know I am on my last few runs and then I take crusiers. Not sure how others do it, hitting a tree or other immovable object at over 40mph keeps my vaping until the end and of course apres.

btw, don't miss Iceface, but I was lucky enough in my ski career to have a powder day there, 6"+, which in the East is about as good as it gets. Out west its complicated as the odds of getting on a red gondola are higher. Anyone else abide that rule?

hinglemccringleberry

I can't ski lit until I know I am on my last few runs and then I take crusiers. Not sure how others do it, hitting a tree or other immovable object at over 40mph keeps my vaping until the end and of course apres.
You and me both brother. I'm sure some will say that cannabis makes them better or higher level riders. Not I. Only alcohol, AKA liquid courage has that effect on me.
I'm hitting China Peak and Mammoth Mountain out here in central Cali this epic winter. They've got snow up the wazoo right now, I can't believe it.

YuckMassF

now that is fun! haha love it.

you found what works for you, also it depends where to vape some days its too cold to take off the gloves unless on a gondola to vape, other days ill just wait for lunch and hit something at the lodge somewhere low key then lift off again for another few runs down. so many options today for us skiers/riders.
Yep everyone has his preferences, i just say mine :)

I ski a lot, and the Dotleaf makes it possible to incorporate vaping into the ski lifts, so i don't need to take a vaping pause, and can keep following my friends. I can pre charge ovens also wich is really someting usefull, swappable batteries, and i use it with thin silk gloves i have under my big ones, so i do not get cold using it, i even feel the warm from the vape, it is just wonderful.

In comparaison, dynavaps are complicated to refill on slopes, and having a uniform heating is difficult, and 3 flames lighters gets empty really quick. Mighty is resistant and reliable, but it is too bulky, it is not confortable even if it can do the job.

As for skiing high, man it is a feeling i love. I would not argue it gets my performance up, but it gets me more creative in tricks and i have more fun. Going fast high is not a problem for me as i was a ski instructor and i have a deep control on my skis.

GetLeft

I love a nice cold ipa out on the deck after the boots are off. One of life's great pleasures. I have never understood the concept of skiing while drinking. I don't tend to consume cannabis until I've had a good morning of skiing. Then mellow out with cannabis in the p.m. Just like with my mtb riding, cannabis keeps me more in the moment, limits distractions (like being negative about missing a turn on a bumpy hill : )

Helios

Going fast high is not a problem for me as i was a ski instructor and i have a deep control on my skis.
hear that, I competed in a few boarder cross tourneys and some other ones when in Colorado, vapes in the early aughts were too bulky or plug ins, not sure how old u are, but those dugouts with brass bats was what was used on the slopes, (recall those avalanche huts?) a good Sativa for the day usually wins but these daze I'm not as hard core like 20 years ago with being lit while skiing, get my high from being up on the MNT and ripping down, the treats come after a good mid days run, the legs burning and tired, a fat rip and a few tall boys.
but it is too bulky,
yes and no, if one has big pockets don't even notice its there, plus its so easy to use, only real concern is either breaking it on a fall or losing it. so don't bring it as often as the other beater tools. ill try the 'dot leaf' some time, never used it. how's the draw restrictions on it?

I love a nice cold ipa out on the deck after the boots are off.
this?! oh and the eye candy all them snow bunnies in their hippest gear! love it.

@YaMon ICE Coast lol!. still though I can recall a few amazing winters here in the BEAST with an ear to ear grin! keep that egg protected even more so if lit.

Helios,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

Went to look for the glass stem for my Edge but I remembered it perished a while back.
Then dug up my Fury 2 but I don't have the attachment adapter for it even though I do have the glass stem.
Won't take the mini bubbler attachment which I use (dry) with my Edge 'cause I don't want to break it while skiing or drop it.
So Fury 2 it will be with the og mouthpiece. Might even try a capsule which I swore off of long ago, ftw :tup:

Helios

@GetLeft hows the battery holding up on that badboy? yea go with the OG MP:tup:
you reminded me to dig up my Edge, will throw it in the ski parka for next weeks run.

Helios,

YuckMassF

hear that, I competed in a few boarder cross tourneys and some other ones when in Colorado, vapes in the early aughts were too bulky or plug ins, not sure how old u are, but those dugouts with brass bats was what was used on the slopes, (recall those avalanche huts?) a good Sativa for the day usually wins but these daze I'm not as hard core like 20 years ago with being lit while skiing, get my high from being up on the MNT and ripping down, the treats come after a good mid days run, the legs burning and tired, a fat rip and a few tall boys.
Im pretty young (24), i agree with you, the mountain is enough to feel high and i'll probably do the same as you getting older. But for the moment i vape before, during and after the slopes ! Californian sativas before, indicas with cbd after.

yes and no, if one has big pockets don't even notice its there, plus its so easy to use, only real concern is either breaking it on a fall or losing it. so don't bring it as often as the other beater tools. ill try the 'dot leaf' some time, never used it. how's the draw restrictions on it?

I have big pockets but i find it is a bit on the heavy side with the two 18650. Dotleaf has only one inside (you can take another one for long days but you can put it somewhere else so the weight is equilibrated.

Also, doing sports, i love to have the less weight possible, i try to never have a backpack, nor a water bottle, even my ski clothes are weighted in grams.

Breaking the mighty skiing seems not so simple, as it is a resistant piece of german plastic. Dotleaf needs a little sleeve as it feels less resistant to shocks.

For the draw restriction, it is on the restricted side, not so open, vapor can get pretty hot when you go 200⁰ and hotter. Bowl is big (0.3-0.4) and you can have more ovens to recharge easily.

YuckMassF,

Helios

Breaking the mighty skiing seems not so simple
yes, more likely to have the mighty crack a rib falling on it, still one never knows, same here, cant stand carrying anything either on the shlopes, I like to pop into the ski patrol huts and tell them forgot my water, they always have a water cooler there, the SP dude even suggested i sharpie my name on a plastic cup and said to come back whenever thirsty.

As with what @GetLeft suggested, the Healthy rips vapes are decent enough for a days run if fully charged, prbly bring along the Edge for next weeks runs.

anyone else going skiing this week?

YuckMassF

@Helios you're right for the mighty lol

Just got in the Alps, going to nordic ski tommorow morning with an old 60's pair from swiss army, will take the dotleaf and shrimp it if needed !

Have a good one sir

Top Bottom