• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best vape for the ski lift?

Helios

I love that his question is coming back up, and that we have snow on the way :)
Last year, while skiing I tried just about every portable vape in my collection, aside from Zion and minivap, in bounds and on tours. For a while I was a glow guy on the mountains, but ultimately the winner ended up being the v3 pro.

While the tinymight, 510’s on dual mod( most cold proof) and others worked well, the worry of breaking or losing them detracted from the experience.
I don’t know the elevation of your home mountain but it pretty high here and unless your lighter is topped off and kept warm in a pocket, it quickly becomes useless. So dynas and nectar collectors were out for me.
Though I will say as a snowmaker, nectar collectors were my go to for a few seasons with access to mid mountain warming huts.

V3 pro works.
Is it the best, of course not but it’s cheap, reliable, and with a spare battery and doob tube, I can ski bell to bell without a return trip to the car to get my mind right. That’s a win for me. And if I lose it it a chute, it’s cheaper than the bar tab at the end of the day to replace.

I will say, covering the intake holes is a must. You need to give that little heater all the advantage you can. I keep my vape and spare battery in a pocket of a merino base layer. This seems to keep things warm enough to maintain function.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your turns, my friend.
Nice, where u at @danjens? I'm up in the Catskill Adirondack area for ski season highest elevation is Whiteface Mnt at about 4,600ft, highest in NY state. We have VT nearby and NH for decent slopes. Funny I've had my Splinter for ever and never thought to bring it up on the slopes, maybe due to the glass stems, futo sold a wooden RBT stem so this could work?
Bringing a Jyarz setup usually works for me no fuss reloading if I forget dosing caps for the Mighty.
I'm going to strongly consider the V3 pro, I know the Angus is coming soon but not so sure it's a good fit for schlepping around.

vapeape77

I like the HR Edge on the mountains, probably will upgrade to the slid Rogue for the new season. The Edge is durable and hits hard for its size even with small caps in it. One cap is usually about right for one lift ride too, downside is fiddling with the next cap…. My two year old Edge’s battery can still do a good number of bowls a day, which is a must on the slops on top of it being super stealthy. 🤙 Ride em while you got em, enjoy!

danjens

Nice, where u at @danjens? I'm up in the Catskill Adirondack area for ski season highest elevation is Whiteface Mnt at about 4,600ft, highest in NY state. We have VT nearby and NH for decent slopes. Funny I've had my Splinter for ever and never thought to bring it up on the slopes, maybe due to the glass stems, futo sold a wooden RBT stem so this could work?
Bringing a Jyarz setup usually works for me no fuss reloading if I forget dosing caps for the Mighty.
I'm going to strongly consider the V3 pro, I know the Angus is coming soon but not so sure it's a good fit for schlepping around.
I live at the base of Taos mountain.
I haven’t skied the east coast too much, but used to regularly climb the Gunks, I think they are kinda close? Either way, beautiful area of the country no doubt. I hope yall get nuked soon!
I never used glass stems with the 510’s out and about, wood only, throw some boro beads in there and have a great time. Ed makes a nice one one for rbt’s. I may even have an extra kicking around I could send you.
Angus could be a good one too.
I do like a little smaller vape when skiing so I don’t have a brick bouncing around with me.
In bounds, I ski a lot of park and cliffy billy goat zones, so the thought of landing on a larger hard chunk of material scares me a bit.
If you snag one, let me know how you like it. Could be a good one to throw in the top of the avy bag for tour days.

Helios

@danjens Taos is awesome, I worked there for a few months cheffing on a movie years ago wish I stayed in that part of NM. I actually hiked that mountain in the fall, nothing like seeing those hot air balloons in albequerque though. Also worked a few seasons in Crested Butte and Copper wayy back such good skiing in the SW.
Yea da gunks man see you know.
I hope yall get nuked soon!
Huh? Lmao.
My only concern with the Angus would be the glass stem that would be a deal breaker.

@vapeape77 yea my edge still going strong (pun intended) great size and discretion.

danjens

@danjens Taos is awesome, I worked there for a few months cheffing on a movie years ago wish I stayed in that part of NM. I actually hiked that mountain in the fall, nothing like seeing those hot air balloons in albequerque though. Also worked a few seasons in Crested Butte and Copper wayy back such good skiing in the SW.
Yea da gunks man see you know.

Huh? Lmao.
My only concern with the Angus would be the glass stem that would be a deal breaker.
sorry! I mean I hope you get copious amounts of snow in the near future. We call it getting nuked, or maybe it’s just me? Haha

SW has some great mountains for sure!
Burque balloon rally is super rad, I’m glad you got to see it.
Come ski Taos, it rules. Also, if you’re psyched on deep powder, wolf creek can’t be missed.

I thought I remember seeing a video of vgoodiez Scott throwing his angus around the room and the glass seemed to hold up, if that’s any consolation?

danjens,
  • Haha
Reactions: Helios

Helios

sorry! I mean I hope you get copious amounts of snow in the near future. We call it getting nuked, or maybe it’s just me? Haha
No I get it, it's just our current geopolitical climate is very much 'Nuke tense', I digress..
Burque balloon rally is super rad, I’m glad you got to see it
I worked it. All day on that field, cooked for some local newspaper event on one of the tents, so cool to see all the mega grills on the field from all over the country.. very cool venue.
Didn't have time to jump on a Ballon though.

Wolf creek I heard about another great spot. One day I'll make my way to Taos again such a beautiful area, even up by Angelfire is sooo nice.

Regarding the Angus yea I watched Scott's videos on it. Worth a try, I just picked up Noir dry herb vape from kingpalm for the ski season we c?

danjens

No I get it, it's just our current geopolitical climate is very much 'Nuke tense', I digress..
Man, you're right. I should have realized, sorry about the confusion. I blame the Taos bubble ;)

I worked it. All day on that field, cooked for some local newspaper event on one of the tents, so cool to see all the mega grills on the field from all over the country.. very cool venue.
Didn't have time to jump on a Balloon though.
Wolf creek I heard about another great spot. One day I'll make my way to Taos again such a beautiful area, even up by Angelfire is sooo nice.

Regarding the Angus yea I watched Scott's videos on it. Worth a try, I just picked up Noir dry herb vape from kingpalm for the ski season we c?
Heck yeah man, that would be cool. If you're back, Ill snag some buddy passes and we can get some laps in. Also, One of my good friends is a balloon pilot here, if you're ever back, we should finally get you up in one!
Angel Fire is pretty cool in the winter, but it is suuuper rad in the summer. One of the best bike parks in the country, if youre into dh..

I just saw that king palm. I think that’s the way. Seems to be identical to the v3 pro? but only 50 bucks(assuming still on sale)?
That will be very tough to beat.

PeteyS

I would just use the crafty+ since you already own it. You can start the heatup while waiting in line.
If you don't want to risk ruining the crafty, maybe go for a potv "one" You can usually get one for 100 bucks, and they are highly rated.
I was just thinking about the same thing as you, but I plan to vape at the car when i arrive, before hitting the ski lifts, and probably again at lunch break at the car again.
Happy skiing!

PeteyS,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just picked up Noir dry herb vape from kingpalm for the ski season we c?
I just saw that king palm. I think that’s the way. Seems to be identical to the v3 pro? but only 50 bucks(assuming still on sale)?
That will be very tough to beat.

Yes it is a rebranded v3pro though not certain if they changed anything internally to make it so cheap... Definitely seems like the best bet, or maybe xlux roffu...Yeah don't think I would want to risk the nicer vapes with glass internals even though they are more enjoyable and effective generally

Knewt

I would just use the crafty+ since you already own it. You can start the heatup while waiting in line.
If you don't want to risk ruining the crafty, maybe go for a potv "one" You can usually get one for 100 bucks, and they are highly rated.
I was just thinking about the same thing as you, but I plan to vape at the car when i arrive, before hitting the ski lifts, and probably again at lunch break at the car again.
Happy skiing!
I take my POTV One outdoors often and my main complaint is that the screen is impossible for me to see in any outdoor daytime light.

Knewt,

vapeape77

As a Crafty+ owner I can say it’s nice as long as no one is lurking on you since it spends the bowl so fast. Forget to turn it off as you get the look and the bowl is spent.

Also I think it’s worth spending the extra $50 or so for a Rogue over the copy edge potv version with a lesser battery from what I understand. Set it at 198c and forget it… if the display is a big deal.

vapeape77,

Texus

I will say, covering the intake holes is a must. You need to give that little heater all the advantage you can.
Yeah, I think that the extra control that covering or feathering the air intake is huge for the v3 (and new Angus, FWIW).

We still don't have a good idea of Angus long term durability, susceptibility to shakes and bumps etc since it is only barely out in the wild. But loving mine so much. Not only a step up from v3, but I'd take it over a Mighty too. And yes, I have all three. For $200? Nuts!!

Oh but know that there is a warm up period tho of about a min.

Texus,

Dustin McKief

I always ski small enough places that I bring whatever vape I need and hit it in my vehicle instead of the lift where I'm typically bundled up. Edibles also work great.

If I wanted to hit on a lift, I'd grab my pen with a live rosin cart.

Dustin McKief,

thehippie

Company Rep
I have a crafty+ but I still don't find this to be great for the ski lift. Heat up time is almost 2 minutes out in the cold and I don't wanna fall on it an break it during runs. Any suggestions?
We have a great kit for your needs! The Hippie Pipe X Bundle Kit is an awesome vape kit for outdoor enthusiasts like you.
It comes with:
  • The Hippie Pipe X - dry herb analog vaporizer
  • The Double Jet Flame Torch Lighter
  • Pipe Holder - holds your pipe, lighter and has a flower stash
With the Hippie Pipe X, there is no need to charge, and it is as instant as you can expect a vaporizer to be, your puffin’ on it within 10 seconds.

pipex-kit.jpg

thehippie,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
We have a great kit for your needs! The Hippie Pipe X Bundle Kit is an awesome vape kit for outdoor enthusiasts like you.
It comes with:
With the Hippie Pipe X, there is no need to charge, and it is as instant as you can expect a vaporizer to be, your puffin’ on it within 10 seconds.

pipex-kit.jpg
Maybe I am wrong but this feels boarderline against the vendor rules.

Don’t post about your product in any thread where your product isn’t the primary and central topic of discussion.

vapeape77

We have a great kit for your needs! The Hippie Pipe X Bundle Kit is an awesome vape kit for the outdoor enthusiast.
It comes with:

pipex-kit.jpg
That looks nice but with the wind on the mountains, pass on that idea….. plus in my experience dynas aren’t really comfortable using out in the public with the way you light it and all.

Helios

It comes with:

pipex-kit.jpg
NO!
Yes it is a rebranded v3pro though not certain if they changed anything internally to make it so cheap... Definitely seems like the best bet, or maybe xlux roffu...Yeah don't think I would want to risk the nicer vapes with glass internals even though they are more enjoyable and effective generally
shit Y not? i received it in mail not long ago, i have to give props to @LesPlenty for offering up the code, the noir is in my ski bag with my gear ready, if it breaks or i lose it i wont get too sore, looking forward to testing it out on da shlopes!

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I would not recommend the V3 pro when you are using outdoors in the cold weather. Had one and bought a Tinymight as it performs much better in the cold.

dman28,

someTooL

Although I have generally stuck with cartridges on the mountain, this year I plan to try the legacy pro. Might only be good for one lift ride (until capsules) but it’ll be a good one…I hope.

hinglemccringleberry

Goboof Alfa is the best vape for the ski lift hands down. It's like a Pax 3 but more efficient and better performance from short draws thanks to the heating pin that goes down the middle of the chamber. Pocketable session conduction is what you want out there. So I suppose a Dacinvi IQ would work great too. Grind fine, pack it tight, have fun...

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
For on-the-go when cold, US$112 with code Wonder for the Onyx Grey version Roffu, that and a set of 5 capsules in their double-ended case mated with the metal oven that is in the kit instead of the glass oven will look after most needs.
007-300x300.jpg

DOSING-CAPSULE5PCS.png

You can even get a toasty coat for the Roffu,
003.jpg

Last edited:
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Tweakz

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Ya’ll should join us on the snowboard lift, ‘cano in a backpack with a whip brah.

I keed, I keed. I feel like the XMax V3 is almost made for an application like this? Without too much thought (which is how I do most everything) I think that’s what I’d go with.

Timps27,
Top Bottom