Best vape for flower and hash?

Medivapequeen

Hey, I hope you lovely folk can help me out :)

I currently own:

Volcano hybrid
Mighty
Rogue
2021 dynavap M

I tend to use dosing caps for ease of use and to keep the oven clean on the mighty and Rogue as I make hash sandwiches however I don't feel like im getting the full effect from it.

I'm looking for advice on a new vape no more than £250 that can handle hash ok and I'd like pretty quick hard hitting extraction and decent clouds for when I need to medicate quickly.

I was advised the best vape for flower is the Herbalizer Ti as I prefer using my vapes through water. I use the xmax starry whip for the mighty and have a small 14mm rig but I've a decent sized grace glass piece that would go well with the Herbalizer but if it's no good with hash it's a waste. I'm talking the soft blonde lamborgini hash.

My question really is which vape is best for hash and flower? That packs a punch I don't really like using it on the volcano for fear of damaging the oven although I have used a small bit in the past.

I've tried the tinymight but I just couldn't get it running how I liked so ended up selling it. So im looking for something that ideally is battery powered or mains. If anyone has any susuggestions.

Thank you 💚

Vaporware

I’m sorry no one’s responded yet, and I hope you’ll get some more suggestions, but I’ll try to get it started.

I don’t have good access to hash, so I only have a little experience with it. I have mostly used it in VapCaps though, and there I’ve had mostly good and at some point very good results…I just can’t remember what was different when I got the best results! It may be a difference in the hash or my heating method, but if you search the VapCap thread (or the whole site) you should be able to find some tips to get good results with your VC.

If you haven’t already tried it, a good starting point might be to take a small piece of hash, smash it as flat as you can and stick it on the screen inside the VapCap tip. If your hash doesn’t completely melt it should stay there and may give you the results you want. Experiment with your torches and heating technique though, and/or an induction heater if you want to try one since the way it’s heated can make a real difference!

I’m sure the Herborizer Ti would also get the job done, but you may need a bed of flower or cotton or a concentrate pad or something to keep it from melting through the screen and falling into the water. Just make sure you remember the Herbalizer was something more like the Volcano with a different heater and it’s not available anymore, so search for Herborizer instead if you want more info on that. :)

I wish I had more hash knowledge/experience, but I hope that helps at least a little! :)

kel

FuckMisogynists!
My favourite is the Dynavap for both hash and flower. I only vape cbd, not sure if this makes any difference, but I guess it doesn't.

I keep two tips, one where the ccd screen is pushed all the way in and use this for flower. I tend to half fill the bowl and tamp down gently so it is firm but not completely squashed.

The second tip I keep for hash/pollen, I set the ccd half way and also cover it in 325 stainless steel mesh. I cut a square of the mesh a bit bigger than the ccd, place this on top of the tip, then the ccd on top of that, then using a tamper that just fits inside the tip, push the ccd into the tip thereby bending the mesh around the ccd. Then I push it back out from the bottom of the tip using a condenser, press the mesh all the way around the ccd using my fingers to create a nice round shape, flip it over and push it back into the tip setting it at the half-way point. It takes a little bit of practice to get this right, but it gets easier. This effectively stops all the tiny particulate from travelling down the stem. Then I simply fill the half-sized chamber with warmed and crumbled hash or pollen and go! This setup lasts for ages, generally doesn't need replacing too often. ymmv.

Here's a slightly blurry photo of a particularly nice example of how it looks when done properly:

mesh.jpg

In the past I have used a Storm Sapphire with the resin capsule which you have to purchase separately, this works really well too. Given they are very similar I imagine the Spirit will work equally as well, but I have never tried it.

My grumbles with the Sapphire were the battery, it does start to lose capacity after a while and is not replaceable, and the cleaning is a bit fiddly.

edit: oh, I have also had some success with the Arizer Solo by wrapping the hash in cotton wool. It works fine, it's just a bit of a faff I guess.

Neither of these options are as cool as the DV solution above though - imo!

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
I know the OP is asking for battery powered or mains, but for me the quickest way to get great clouds with hash is with a Sticky Brick or any other similar butane vape.
I (very) rarely tend to use hash these days, but when I do is either with the OG Brick/SBjr or the Dreamwood DLX.

In the past, I've had good results with an Arizer Extreme Q, but I woulnd't call it a "quick" vape. :2c:

MK

I would suggest giving the dynavap some more time and practice - maybe the technique you are using to fill and heat can be changed to vary the performance? Since you say you usually use it through water, making sure you have a good adapter for your dynavap can help tremendously. An induction heater provides a very different quality of life over a torch, as well. You might consider getting a titanium tip - heats and cools faster and for me, has a better heating profile for hash than the stainless steel M tip. If using thru water, you can worry less about the screen and just load up some hash and rip it. If some pulls thru the screen eventually the water will catch it. Varying your fill and heating will get you to the clouds and performance you want, but may take more experimentation to get to that level of repeatability than you'd maybe like to commit. I'm biased, I haven't bought a different vaporizer in like 5 years so surely I'm missing some great products out there.

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Good points there @MK

I forgot to say that I use a Ti tip for hash and yes, the water tool definitely helps re. the particulate.

The mesh does reduce the cleaning of the water tool though. It's kinda surprising how much!

kel,
Reactions: MK

EpsomSalt

I own a Mighty, a volcano hybrid, a bunch of dynavaps and stems. And I have to say, for hash and extracts I always go with my Dynavap. I just love the flavour and the ritual with the lighter lol, plus when you learn how to heat it properly you get some freakish hits (especially when you rock a triple Tandem-setup like I do!).

If you put some reclaim in every cap or hash together with dynacoils, and you're rocking that quad-setup, then needless to say you're in for a hell of a ride!! :)

But again, vapes are entirely subjective, what I like night be despised by others. To me, the best one for wax is def. The dynavap. Bigger hits, faster heating time when you learn how to use it properly.

The volcano works fine too, I guess. But I just find myself using the Dynavap a lot more nowadays, the hybrid is excellent when I've got a girl over for Netflix and chill lol, or a party. Basically when I have guests I'll plug in the volcano. But when I'm all by myself in the sofa, then I'll be reaching for my Dynavap nine out of ten times.. And it's all personal preference. Easier to clean, as I said above heats faster, but again, your opinion may be different. They all vape excellent, it's just a matter of preference if you ask me. Peace!!

EpsomSalt,
Reactions: kel

darbarikanada

I use my mighty all the time for hash. I can get 'bubble hash' or traditional hard hash here. I put both under the liquid pad. bubble hash is eaiser: I put ~.05g under the liquid pad, usually start getting decent vapor @ ~170-180ºC. hard hash is a bit trickier: you have to get it into the tiniest possible pieces, probably will have to get up to the highest temps. with both types of hash I get a huge # of hits (~15) from .05g. I don't know about your experience, but my sense is that a lot of people don't finish their loads (same with wax) with the mighty, maybe b/c they just don't realize they can get that many hits. I know a lot of people recommend flower/hash 'sandwiches', but a big part of the pleasure for me is being able to taste pure hash - like the way a great cup of coffee tastes as good as it smells...

Top Bottom