• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best vape around 100$?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You are correct and no it doesn't. Under $150 or even $200 the V3 Pro is pretty hard to beat. It's also way nicer than the V2 Pro: not induction anymore, better vapor path/mouthpiece, full display with temp control, replaceable 18650 with USB-C charging, and way better vapor quality and flavor.

Last edited:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
For 100ish I'd take a look at the POTV "ONE"
or the Magic Flight Launch Box.
But I would also look at the used market and maybe pick up
a gently used Silver Surfer, Vapor Bros, etc., etc., in that price range.
Most of my vaporizers are pre owned, if you have an awareness of the
vaporizer terrain, what's good and durable, has reliable repair service, etc.,
you can do very well spending very little if you're resourceful and patient.
Beyond the classifieds section here, I'd also look at the listings in your local craigslist and
also facebook marketplace.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think the great value propositions have already been listed. A lot of people really like dynavaps for less than $100 as well--I think a ti tip and glass stem (the bb9 gives you pretty good native cooling and a WPA) is the sweet spot, but I've seen folks on Reddit claim you can get a kit with a slim stash, an M, and a little single flame torch for $40 which is a phenomenal deal. I don't personally find Dynavaps near as fiddly as some make them out to be when heated with a torch, but they definitely aren't the most discrete option if you plan to use this in public (the "crack pipe" look when you're torching it--I'd want to duck into an alley or something).

Texus

Having had both POTV One and v3, I'd go v3 all the way. Just a very well executed device. Ease of use of a Mighty, great pocket form factor. I think of it as "Firewood Jr."

And otherwise I will second the Dynavap suggestion.

Or save up for an Anvil once they get public release. Heavy f***ing hitter in portable form. And less learning curve than any other butane vape I've ever used.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Pre-built Heat Island

That's a great suggestion - here's the deets:
Square HI – $100 (domestic wood). Exotic wood is available for an additional charge. The heater cover is stainless steel (3/8" or 7/16").
Includes stainless steel roasting tube, travel stir tool, and beeswax beads.
Power supply and roasting tubes are available separately.

All you need is a power supply (I think it's 12v) cheap, and easy to get.
I have this vaporizer and it's excellent, it's a HI, but with greater stability.
This is a better option than the POTV "ONE."

Berzzerkker

Square HI – $100 (domestic wood). Exotic wood is available for an additional charge. The heater cover is stainless steel (3/8" or 7/16").

I have this vaporizer and it's excellent, it's a HI, but with greater stability.

Doesn't Alan also have offer bamboo & cardboard units for substantially less?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Doesn't Alan also have offer bamboo & cardboard units for substantially less?

Yep, $50 glass heater cover and $65 steel standard core for the bamboo bodies

cptofnthng

I think Fenix vapes are not available in the US? Its a rebranded Fury i think.

cptofnthng,

Razhumikin

Gotta jump on the Toasty Top Bandwagon here. You cant go wrong with an HI. If you're willing to spend a little more, Alan also sells iHeats for $100, which in my opinion are the best 510s. A stem and a mod should only cost you 60-70 bucks total, and I think for the total price of around 160-170 you cant really beat an iheat for convenience or power.

tanksndudes

Are you able to explain the functional difference between the 3/8 and 7/16 covers, and between SS and glass? Like, is one better or worse? I can't really find my answers on his site, only that he offers these different sizes and materials.

tanksndudes,

Razhumikin

3/8th and 7/16th are heater cover sizes, functional differences are the stem sizes that fit them (dyna stems fit 3/8th and arizer stems fit 7/16th I believe). Im not as sure about the differences between the glass and the SS heater cover, as I only have SS.

Shit Snacks

Are you able to explain the functional difference between the 3/8 and 7/16 covers, and between SS and glass? Like, is one better or worse? I can't really find my answers on his site, only that he offers these different sizes and materials.

Skim through the HI thread, it's been discussed there many times, there is no better or worse, there are subtle differences depending on what you are looking for in your situation... It is literally the size of the log, and as a result the size of the bowl, the diameter of the stems you will use as Raz said. Both are extremely capable and have a wide range of both sizes they can do, the larger size also means some larger mass for the heater (though I think the actual heating element of the steel cartridge is the same inside) and Alan is always innovating ways to improve that with all of the models. When you email him he can tell you more in detail about the differences and specificities of the designs, the new website has a lot of detail already though now... Furthermore before the different sizes were available, the glass core hybrid heater cover has been around even longer as an option compared to the standard steel core heater cover, those differences have been laid out in the thread many times by different people: the way the stems connect is a little different if you see with glass you cannot leave the HI upside down on a bowl you have to hold it there, steel core has a little rest ring. Also the type of stems are different, aside from the different sizes, there are different stems that work with the different cores, there are an insane amount of stem material and style variations that Alan makes... The power settings, what voltage level, are also different between all of them, different effects on the vapor quality, flavor and density, based on the different designs and materials, it is subtle and subjective, without trying them all you would have really no way of knowing any difference practically and even if you do have them all it's a subtle thing like I said, they are all extremely capable! Heat up time, and recovery time after a hit, also depends on the different size and materials between the different options... No wrong choice, I have the standard small glass core HIbrid that was my first custom and then I got the steel core next time my name came up, right now he's finishing up my large steel core custom, so then I will get a large glass core next time! :tup:

tanksndudes

Skim through the HI thread, it's been discussed there many times, there is no better or worse, there are subtle differences depending on what you are looking for in your situation... It is literally the size of the log, and as a result the size of the bowl, the diameter of the stems you will use as Raz said. Both are extremely capable and have a wide range of both sizes they can do, the larger size also means some larger mass for the heater (though I think the actual heating element of the steel cartridge is the same inside) and Alan is always innovating ways to improve that with all of the models. When you email him he can tell you more in detail about the differences and specificities of the designs, the new website has a lot of detail already though now... Furthermore before the different sizes were available, the glass core hybrid heater cover has been around even longer as an option compared to the standard steel core heater cover, those differences have been laid out in the thread many times by different people: the way the stems connect is a little different if you see with glass you cannot leave the HI upside down on a bowl you have to hold it there, steel core has a little rest ring. Also the type of stems are different, aside from the different sizes, there are different stems that work with the different cores, there are an insane amount of stem material and style variations that Alan makes... The power settings, what voltage level, are also different between all of them, different effects on the vapor quality, flavor and density, based on the different designs and materials, it is subtle and subjective, without trying them all you would have really no way of knowing any difference practically and even if you do have them all it's a subtle thing like I said, they are all extremely capable! Heat up time, and recovery time after a hit, also depends on the different size and materials between the different options... No wrong choice, I have the standard small glass core HIbrid that was my first custom and then I got the steel core next time my name came up, right now he's finishing up my large steel core custom, so then I will get a large glass core next time! :tup:
Thank you. I think I have a lot of learning to do. I imagine, however, if I just closed my eyes and picked something I'd be quite pleased with it.

3/8th and 7/16th are heater cover sizes, functional differences are the stem sizes that fit them (dyna stems fit 3/8th and arizer stems fit 7/16th I believe). Im not as sure about the differences between the glass and the SS heater cover, as I only have SS.
That's interesting, thank you. I own both of those stems, so either way I'm in luck.

darkblade60

Finally I bought Xmax V3 pro, my first impression is very good, but I have a question, I think "ondemand" is better for vaping alone ( or maybe two persons) and ondemand for groups, right? I want to read you opinion.

Shit Snacks

Finally I bought Xmax V3 pro, my first impression is very good, but I have a question, I think "ondemand" is better for vaping alone ( or maybe two persons) and ondemand for groups, right? I want to read you opinion.

Yeah it is often easier to pass around a session style vape where it is constantly already cooking for you when you are in a group, like a joint, it's nice that the V3 pro can do both, one thing I like about on demand though is you don't have the idea of someone wasting time not hitting it when they are holding it lol thankfully with this being convection that should be less of a concern even in session mode?

Top Bottom