Best time/temp to decarb before cooking?

HSIHP

Hello all. I plan on making a batch of PB cookies for a small music fest next weekend and I have about a 1/4 of some buds that are ready to be cooked! But before I make my oil (which I have don with ABV bud many time) I know I should decarv the fresh herb. I have heard many different temps and times from 200 for an hour to 325 for 5 mins.

My question is what have you guys used that gets the best results? Thanks in advance for responses!

HSIHP,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
yumm Peanut Butter. I use 200f for 20 - 30 minutes. seems to work for me.

Cheers!

meduser#420,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Ive never decarbed, but I have all the materials that I need to make my first tincture. I was thinking 230 for 30 mins. Does that sound like a sweet spot to anyone?

btw meduser the flower of life!

Cereal_MF,

meduser#420

@HSIHP How did the cookies come out?

200 or 230 prob would not make that big of a difference.

I do Master Wu's tincture method but use 200degrees for 25 min instead of 325 for 5 min. Works great for the crap I put into it, usually not the best material. 1 ml and an hour later Bzzzzz...

OT: Flower of life is a trippy thing. It blows peoples minds when they hear the stories behind it. Peace!

meduser#420,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
I dont really kno the stories but im into geometry n kno about the tetrahedron

Cereal_MF,

ODS

i've been been baking for years and personally do not see the need to decarboxylate. i'm sure some will argue.
my reason.... won't it decarboxylate while it's cooking?

Also i use keif or hash for all baked goods. i have them tested and they are usually between 80-150mg per does.

i've added the keif in with the flour and just mixed in, i've put the keif in butter and shortening and heated for 30 minutes on low, hash i usually break it down in everclear then add that to the recipe
I have not noticed a different in the final product.

i never cook above 300. usually 250-275, they take longer too cook. my cookies take about 20-22 minutes at 275.

not saying my way is correct this is just how i do it.

peace,
ODS

ODS,

meduser#420

that sounds completely logical to me.

I have not used hash before though.

I would think decarb'n it is just for converting compounds in the plant material.

meduser#420,

HSIHP

So I used 200 for 20 mins. and the cookies came out great! I used half fresh that was drcarbd and half ABV. Brought them to a festival this weekend and they kick all of our asses. I also had my Pax and MFLB with me but I didn't even get through a full bowl of either! The cookies just kept me up there all weekend. Thanks all!

Top Bottom