best tasting dry herb vaporisers according to you?

do you agree with vapefiends selection of best tasting dry herb vaporisers? which is your favourite?

• firefly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cloud evo

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • angus

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • none of the above

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

im not a robot

i came across this video recently, and i would love to hear more opinions on what vaporiser is in your opinion the absolute best when only taking taste in consideration?
i used to own a firefly 2, which for all its problems really did taste excellent. id love to find an original firefly one day. i have never tried an evo or an angus.

of the vapes i currently own, the woodscents is my favourite for taste by a good margin.
besides firefly & woodscents i am familiar with mighty, tinymight, firewood, dynavaps, vaphit, and vapman.

the above video made me interested in the angus or halogen vapes in general, though i am not keen on a session vaporiser. do you have any other suggestions for a great tasting halogen option?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
do you have any other suggestions for a great tasting halogen option?
I would say go for the desktop options. They are all on-demand and can absolutely run low enough to bring out the most flavor.

I could easily recommend any of the halogen vapes that I own: HLT, Halo, Musa. I am keen to try an Element someday.

I don't have much interest in a portable halogen bulb vape.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
There are a lot of good options these days. I find my halogen vape (Vapor Halogen Wand) may now be at the top of my tastiest list by a hair. Really enjoying the halogen signature.

i am not keen on a session vaporiser
That might make things difficult for you to find the tastiest vaporizer. I find that to bring out the taste, it almost requires slow and low heating which sort of naturally leads to longer sessions.

After my halogen, the Couchlog and the DaBuddha baller can definitely bring the flavor with low temp sessions (plugin desktop log type vapes).

I still also love my Solo3, prrl Neo with terp surfer, TRWW Terpedo... all are capable and super tasty. Hard to choose one winner.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
prrl Neo with terp surfer
I absolutely hate my FF 2+, and the flavor is only okay. But the Neo, with the terp surfer, might be the flavorful vape I have used. Again it's really just a question of low temperatures.

I do have vapes that deliver a flavor *smack* in a single hit but that's a different thing than most folks mean with a tasty vape.

sansei

I'm not here for a long time, but for a good time
I absolutely hate my FF 2+, and the flavor is only okay. But the Neo, with the terp surfer, might be the flavorful vape I have used. Again it's really just a question of low temperatures.

I do have vapes that deliver a flavor *smack* in a single hit but that's a different thing than most folks mean with a tasty vape.
Absolutely agree with the Neo on just about anything it works with! Was on a two week streak with the Neo and the crystal bowl they made sitting on a jhook. Would probably still be on it if the tempest hadn’t arrived. That thing is so damn versatile!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
For me it is still, tinymight, tetra, BAK, FW9, Atlas and Halo... Heat Islands and RBT can taste great too, although it's been a while since I've used them honestly... Bowle can be considered great for flavor although there are compromises imo ... perhaps could include Thermal Accumulator? (I need to try my lotus and vapman again too) a huge aspect is the pathway, including the heater air path etc, but the vapor path and chamber, those materials matter based on my experience, so any of the above are best with simple glass pathways and ideally just like right angle bends or swiss for cooling...

I don't agree that Evo was that impressive despite the all glass involved (although you had to load those steel mesh baskets that I kind of hated, and it's lack of versatility, I eventually had a whip set up to use other rigs, not just hydro tube, I don't know it was good but the flavor never felt like impressive at the time) and it has been discontinued a while ago, the company is defunct, they're no longer available anyway... Not sure if at the time this video was made or released...

Firefly was a classic but very flawed, FF2 still off, I now have FF2+ I was able to get very cheap new for the novelty, it is tedious to use, however it does reveal some great flavors, especially using whole nug, that is true... Pretty outdated, I wonder if they will ever release an FF3 that can actually have all the needed improvements to make this a worthwhile consistent reliable vape for me...

Angus I absolutely did not like at all, regardless of the halogen, the session style ruined it along with the loading chamber, the materials and build for me ultimately spoiled the vapor quality so much that I sold it (the person who bought it also posted in the thread that they loved it so I don't think it was just my unit, just must be depending on the individual person and other variables perhaps) the enhanced model did not resolve the issues I had with it, and has other aspects I do not appreciate honestly... They were said to be working on a desktop, and a non-halogen on demand unit, not sure I am interested in those either? my own perspective on the company and products is meh I guess... I actually prefer the Solo3 flavor and vapor quality, even though it is far from perfect and still session oriented, it has been much better in my experience...

There are a lot of other great tasting vapes, more manual, simple materials, with plenty of power, not necessarily even temp controlled, so many variables and very spoiled for options in this day and age... Not sure how old that VF video is, I guess it's including Angus and Evo so it can't be that old, but it is ridiculous to include Evo with current status, and ultimately FF is kind of a joke at this point comparatively lol :2c::peace:

Last edited:

im not a robot

thanks for all the input everyone!

I find that to bring out the taste, it almost requires slow and low heating which sort of naturally leads to longer sessions.
oh yes? that something i never considered. the only session vaporiser i ever used was the mighty. i know that is not a reference for taste. i just dont have the tolerance for most session vapes. vapman is probably my most used vaporiser, and there i will usually go through multiple heat cycles. but the load is tiny & this is why it works for me. most vapes i have tried do not perform so well with minuscule amounts. woodscents is another vape that for me works well with small amounts, and there too i will usually go through more than 1 heat cycle. so maybe my (taste-) preference for the woodscents is directly connected to oven size or how the vape performs with small amounts. not sure but sth to consider..

Really enjoying the halogen signature.
id love to try it. can you say what it is about halogen that makes it stand out?

the Neo, with the terp surfer, might be the flavorful vape I have used
yeah, that also does look like fun. but has been out of production i think? i would love to try it.
and yes i will have also have a look at some of the halogen desktop threads, thanks.

perhaps could include Thermal Accumulator? (I need to try my lotus and vapman again too) a huge aspect is the pathway, including the heater air path etc, but the vapor path and chamber, those materials matter based on my experience, so any of the above are best with simple glass pathways and ideally just like right angle bends or swiss for cooling...
i admit i have only skimmed the thermal accumulator & tempest threads, assuming those are not really suited well for my use (small small amounts), but my understanding is they are functionally pretty close? i read somewhere (i think the tempest thread?) that it could be well used for extended low temp sessions - and that is something i never considered re the big thermal mass, however plain this may be to some :) so i am getting interested in either of those. phatpiggie is one of my favourite artists around here, so feel slighty more attracted to a thermal accumulator. but would it be possible to just purchase a tempest head and attach it to a dynavap compatible stem? by now i think i prefer the simple glass options, no need for elaborate cooling or airflow control for me ..

I wonder if they will ever release an FF3 that can actually have all the needed improvements to make this a worthwhile consistent reliable vape for me...
i would love to see this happen. in a firefly 1 shell.

im not a robot,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
admit i have only skimmed the thermal accumulator & tempest threads, assuming those are not really suited well for my use (small small amounts),

They work fine with small small amounts... The new TA has a bowl that is adjustable, very easy to load less even in the larger size bowl

but my understanding is they are functionally pretty close?

I think so? I stopped following the tempest, not even sure if it's fully available yet, I no longer became interested in using it like that, so I have TA-3 with WPA to use on hooks etc or can connect to a DV stem if I want to try that too...

would love to see this happen. in a firefly 1 shell.

Oh I don't think that's ever going to happen, and one of the key things I think they need to fix, is having the chamber be fully removable, cleanable, replaceable... Which cannot be done with the original shell (also I definitely appreciate the heft compared to the light plastic newer ones, but I do think it was also too big and heavy originally lol)

Anyway session devices do not require high tolerance, many of them are in fact weaker than on demand devices, but some allow you to load less and do quicker sessions, etc. So I wouldn't write them off necessarily? (Although I wouldn't even bother looking at the mighty for taste or most other session units personally)

Tinymight makes it so I do not miss Firefly much at all though, Firewood9 is also excellent although more conduction, BAK would be a great way to experience full conduction with very pure flavor, full power, with any amount, really top tier experience, with battery powered digital temp control (and the new Milaana will probably taste fantastic as previous models have)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
oh yes? that something i never considered. the only session vaporiser i ever used was the mighty. i know that is not a reference for taste. i just dont have the tolerance for most session vapes. vapman is probably my most used vaporiser, and there i will usually go through multiple heat cycles. but the load is tiny & this is why it works for me. most vapes i have tried do not perform so well with minuscule amounts. woodscents is another vape that for me works well with small amounts, and there too i will usually go through more than 1 heat cycle. so maybe my (taste-) preference for the woodscents is directly connected to oven size or how the vape performs with small amounts. not sure but sth to consider..
I don't own a Woodscents but I do have a Couchlog. Log vapes are generally great for taste, especially at low temps. Vapman as well, as I guess you already know. You've experienced the Tinymight and Firewood as well so you've already tasted some of the best! Seems like you have a preference for microdosing.

Pretty sure you can microdose with all those vapes above and gently step through low temperatures to try and extract the best taste? I don't own the Tinymight or Firewood but I believe they're capable with small amounts.
id love to try it. can you say what it is about halogen that makes it stand out?
I started a thread on it here. In general, preserves great taste for a long time. Something about a non-metal, radiant heat source (hot glass) plus the white light? I don't know the physics of it but imo it teases out flavors that other heaters suppress.

Top Bottom