Best strains for rosin press

Jmwade

Let me start with saying I really dig my new 10 ton Dabpress rosin press, so far 185F for 3 mins has been the sweet spot for a battery consistency with strong smell and flavor, but I’m definitely still learning, I assume each strain will b different. But I’m about to start a new grow, and I’d like everyone’s opinion/experience with strains that are just as good for flower as rosin. I’m looking at fem seeds due to limited space and overall lack of knowledge, but I hope to switch to a Regs soon to open up the # of strains I wanna grow. I’d really prefer to pay $ for elite clones but I’m having no luck finding anything “legit” in Oklahoma, just random dispensary clones
I’m currently considering, in no order:
Grease Bucket by Symbiotic Genetics $120
Banana macaroon by Symbiotic
garlic juice byOni $150
Tally mon by Oni
Blueberry muffin by Humboldt Sees Co $100
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE BU HSCo
Vanilla frosting by hsco
Banana mango by HSCo (they recommended for rosin)
creamsizzle by Clearwater Genetics (runts x
Jet fuel gelato crosses by a Compound Genetics
There r a few Rozay fem crosses by Relentless, $250/pack Which is definitely at the top end of my budget, I prefer $120-150, but I will pay for quality
Or I’m open to any/all recommendations

shredder

Let me start with saying I really dig my new 10 ton Dabpress rosin press, so far 185F for 3 mins has been the sweet spot for a battery consistency with strong smell and flavor, but I’m definitely still learning, I assume each strain will b different. But I’m about to start a new grow, and I’d like everyone’s opinion/experience with strains that are just as good for flower as rosin. I’m looking at fem seeds due to limited space and overall lack of knowledge, but I hope to switch to a Regs soon to open up the # of strains I wanna grow. I’d really prefer to pay $ for elite clones but I’m having no luck finding anything “legit” in Oklahoma, just random dispensary clones
I’m currently considering, in no order:
Grease Bucket by Symbiotic Genetics $120
Banana macaroon by Symbiotic
garlic juice byOni $150
Tally mon by Oni
Blueberry muffin by Humboldt Sees Co $100
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE BU HSCo
Vanilla frosting by hsco
Banana mango by HSCo (they recommended for rosin)
creamsizzle by Clearwater Genetics (runts x
Jet fuel gelato crosses by a Compound Genetics
There r a few Rozay fem crosses by Relentless, $250/pack Which is definitely at the top end of my budget, I prefer $120-150, but I will pay for quality
Or I’m open to any/all recommendations

ive never grown any of the varieties you listed, lol. But ive had good luck squeezing super silver haze, nine pound hammer, mantanuska tundra, and columbian gold. Not quite as good of yields but blue dream buds also make a nice rosin.

Strains I would not recommend are gorilla glue, cherry pie. Good strains but not good for squeezing. Both yield poorly and the rosin is way difficult to collect.

shredder

Question from a noob, why would a strain like Gorilla Glue which is pretty potent not be good to press?

Because it doesn't yield well and is hard to collect. Did you read my previous post, lol?

I do like the herb itself. I did OK, not great, squeezing older well aged buds, but compared to the other strains ive listed it doesn't hold up.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Because it doesn't yield well and is hard to collect. Did you read my previous post, lol?

I do like the herb itself. I did OK, not great, squeezing older well aged buds, but compared to the other strains ive listed it doesn't hold up.

I sure did, and asked why. If that's the best you have don't bother responding.

Hippie

Moxie seeds may be worth a look as they say they bread strains specifically for the squish

I didn't have a press when I grew their Lemon OG so I don't know for sure but I remember thinking it would be ideal for squishing as it was packed with flavour and punch

shredder

Moxie seeds may be worth a look as they say they bread strains specifically for the squish

I didn't have a press when I grew their Lemon OG so I don't know for sure but I remember thinking it would be ideal for squishing as it was packed with flavour and punch

It's really hard to predict the winners in advance. That someone is breeding for squeezing is cool. Id love to see a high cbd variety that has good yields of rosin. And a high cbg variety that produced well would be nice as well.

I must have pressed 20 varieties in the last few years and ive been surprised both with positive and negative experiences on new (to me) buds. In general buds from varieties that make dense buds do better than larfy buds. But other than that you just have to try them to see.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Pick varieties that are hash producers to begin with, then select your best phenotypes based on yields both in g/m3 and hash/oil returns.

For seeds, Rare dankness ghost train haze #1 if you like citrusy/hazy sativas. One pheno gave 23% return the other gave 29%. Visually more trichomes on the 29% pheno, the tops were foxtaily, medium-low density and somewhat airy. Takes about 13 weeks.

damm

Pick varieties that are hash producers to begin with, then select your best phenotypes based on yields both in g/m3 and hash/oil returns.

For seeds, Rare dankness ghost train haze #1 if you like citrusy/hazy sativas. One pheno gave 23% return the other gave 29%. Visually more trichomes on the 29% pheno, the tops were foxtaily, medium-low density and somewhat airy. Takes about 13 weeks.

That limits you highly because what most companies produce is a very high yield strain. For example, Durban Poison isn't what I see in Hash Rosin but Flower Rosin I get 20% and makes fantastic edibles.

damm,
Reactions: arb

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For sure. For companies that produce oils/concentrates it becomes apparent which ones are the best to work with. You can have a variety that yields on the stalk 500g dry per m/3 and yield 20% rosin from pressing flower, or another variety at 300g dry per m/3 and yield 30% on the flower, the 500g per m/3 variety should be the better choice since you'll end up with more oil in the end by about 10%.

Of course it will take a lot more work since you have to process nearly twice as much material on the higher yielding flower variety vs the higher yielding resin variety.

Like I said though, there are varieties (and more importantly their respective phenotypes) that offer both HIGH resin production and HIGH bud dry weight per m/3. This is what you want.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I heard of strawnana or strawberry banana, as being a nice rosin producer. I wish I knew where to find the seeds now.

Thick Vape,
Top Bottom