Best semi portable for my needs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submisfit

You "read" wrong...
When I hit the tipping point and decided to get a vape, I wanted to learn what was out there. One of the first places I found was a guy who posts on a site called vapecritic, and I used that to watch all of the vapes in action, and see some critiques. I kinda went from there. Link is here: http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/herbalaire/
IDK how RIGHT he is, but I did feel like he makes some valid points. Caveat being, of course, that I know VERY little about vaping in general.

Submisfit,

Caligula

Maximus
So you want something that travels easily, I get that... but does it matter if it has to be plugged in once you get to where you're going?

Caligula,

Submisfit

So you want something that travels easily, I get that... but does it matter if it has to be plugged in once you get to where you're going?
No, not really. Battery powered is a plus, but I don't often get high in places where I wouldn't have an outlet.

After looking over the thread, I think I'll end up going with the Solo to start; a lot of my initial concerns with it are apparently not serious problems, and it looks like I can adapt it pretty easily to my existing glass (bordering on a collector at this point,) if I like that. If it works out I'll invest in a higher end dedicated home rig when I have more money to throw around.

Submisfit

Check the classifieds, you may find a great solo with extras :tup:
Do vapes retain their value over time? I can see why a pure plug in one would, but I'd always thought that anything with a battery would lose its charge after some number of charges.

Submisfit,

Caligula

Maximus
No, not really. Battery powered is a plus, but I don't often get high in places where I wouldn't have an outlet.

After looking over the thread, I think I'll end up going with the Solo to start; a lot of my initial concerns with it are apparently not serious problems, and it looks like I can adapt it pretty easily to my existing glass (bordering on a collector at this point,) if I like that. If it works out I'll invest in a higher end dedicated home rig when I have more money to throw around.

Fair enough. My first vape was a Solo and I still keep one around for anytime I go out and about. There is nothing wrong with that decision and I think you will be happy with it.

That being said, I came here to sell you on an EpicVape E-Nano since I think it meets your requirements.

The Nano (sans cord, which is actually detachable for easy for storage and travel) is smaller than a Solo by quite a a good bit.

When you want yo move it, simply unplug the cord, wrap it up with the included reusable velcro zip-tie, then throw said bundled cord and the Nano itself in the included cloth dust bag. That's it!

Padding?

The thing is metal and wood. It'll be fine in your backpack.

Handling a party of 6 to 7 people you ask? Those 6 to 7 people can each, individually can smoke Snoop Dogg under the table? Nano runs at a native 120v and can reach temps in excess of 500°F. Needless to say that won't let you down there.

Adjustable temp/power? Yup the Nano has that. Thanks to it running at 120v you can easily use the included dimmer style dial to select your desired heat level.

The Nano also pairs exceptionally well with water tools (just look at the vids under the link in my signature)! At the same time, it is exceptional with a dry stem so either way you're covered there.

Taste? Amazeballs. There is no true portable (maybe the 5 lb Mivap) that can come close to the flavor retention of the Nano.

Durability? As I said before it's basically a ceramic heating rod that's encased by stainless steel and solid hand worked wood. It's a fucking tank. Sure the stock stems are glass, but after having recently acquired an @Ed's TnT wooden stem (beautiful Hawaiian Koa for my custom order) and I LOVED using it with my Nano. I much prefer it to my glass stems... and Ed's stem has the benefit of being made of steel and wood. So again, unless you lose it you won't need to buy another one. And as for the inner workings of the Nano... as @herbivore21 said the Nano is like the Zippo lighter of vapes. It's solid, has very few parts, and works every time.

Oh and it's only 200 bucks w before the 10% FC discount and Andy gives FC members a lifetime warranty.

Just sayin.

Submisfit

You should work as a salesperson for them; it's definitely something that I'll have to consider. I don't know a lot about log vapes, but it looks interesting. Videos I'm finding on youtube have people dumping their ABV after 1-2 hits; is that typical? Their site also says it works with something like ".025 to .05 grams" of herb; sounds low to me, but I could be a crazy person right now.

I should learn to be more stubborn, haha.

Caligula

Maximus
Yup thats normal (check out my "2 hit" Nano video)! It really conserves a lot of herb. Much more so than my Solo.

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I should learn to be more stubborn, haha.
You don't have to learn!

If you were to only have one vaporizer and electrical outlets were readily available the NANO is powerful, tiny, strong and cheap!

The best bang for your buck!

Time to WAKE & VAKE!

NANO STYLE!
xU5TX2m.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom