• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best portable vape to use with a water piece?

Medivapequeen

Hey 👋🏻 I'm back again. I still love the Rogue by healthy rips, my mighty and my volcano hybrid but I'm finding I'm using my mighty more and more with the Xmax starry whip which isnt easy to clean so I was looking to see if there are any heavy hitters none butane that can extract quite quickly for quick medication. My Vas is telling me to get the new mighty + so ill have a spare but I know the upgrades are minimal and my current model is only 6 months old or so and works fine so it's not going to be a big upgrade.

I've been told the firewood 7 would be my best bet but I'm hesitant because I bought into all the hype with the tinymight and I just couldn't get to grips with basket screens etc and never had a consistent session on it so got the rogue instead but I find the mighty hits harder through water at 210c than the rogue does at 220c but it's quite a restricted draw due to the whip but don't like to use the traditional wpa on the mighty in case it cracks my casing.

I'm basically looking for the best portable vape to use with a water piece that will extract a bowl quickly and consistently, get me medicated quickly and give me better hits than the mighty.

Would people say the firewood would be worth getting or should I just get the mighty + and hope the boost helps?

Thank you 💚

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: jeffp

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Firewood 7 is going to be probably four times as fast as a mighty, it is on demand basically instant, hybrid conduction so it is not quite like the DM, no basket screens or stems, there is stem mouthpieces but not with the WPA anyway it has a great direct path and is very easy to clean... I really like using it dry through hooks but it is also great through water now that I have taken to that, you just want the right style of water piece with it... Very efficient very fast very powerful with a full range of temp settings, mostly conduction but there is some hybrid convection and it really can hit hard, definitely harder than a mighty too and more efficient... But also what you're describing really looks like a job for a log vape, not a portable? Although the Tetra P80 is a real beast through water for pure convection...

Medivapequeen

Firewood 7 is going to be probably four times as fast as a mighty, it is on demand basically instant, hybrid conduction so it is not quite like the DM, no basket screens or stems, there is stem mouthpieces but not with the WPA anyway it has a great direct path and is very easy to clean... I really like using it dry through hooks but it is also great through water now that I have taken to that, you just want the right style of water piece with it... Very efficient very fast very powerful with a full range of temp settings, mostly conduction but there is some hybrid convection and it really can hit hard, definitely harder than a mighty too and more efficient... But also what you're describing really looks like a job for a log vape, not a portable? Although the Tetra P80 is a real beast through water for pure convection...
Yeah I know I'd be better with a desktop setup but I move from 2 houses regularly and I'd be bringing it down taking it back upstairs etc where I've got the hybrid as my desktop but I don't really want to put a water piece on top of a £450 bit of kit lol it sounds like the firewood is good. I'd try it without the wpa too as it may replace my mighty as the daily driver. I was just worried I'd end up back to loads of screens etc.

How's the draw on the FW7 is it quite restricted or open?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
If you are looking for a portable vape JUST for water and quick extraction, a Vleaf Go could be a great option. You don’t even need an adapter as the mouthpiece fits directly into a bubbler. (I think 14 mm but not 100% certain on that, it’s been awhile)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I know I'd be better with a desktop setup but I move from 2 houses regularly and I'd be bringing it down taking it back upstairs etc where I've got the hybrid as my desktop but I don't really want to put a water piece on top of a £450 bit of kit lol it sounds like the firewood is good. I'd try it without the wpa too as it may replace my mighty as the daily driver. I was just worried I'd end up back to loads of screens etc.

Well there are no loads of screens to worry about with the FW7, I've literally never swapped the one in my oven chamber, no need to even remove it, and that's the only screen you need... This is the benefit of the ceramic oven chamber instead of glass stem chambers of TM, sort of self-cleaning even!

How's the draw on the FW7 is it quite restricted or open?

That depends how you use it, I'd say it's a happy medium I guess? I know honestly never think about it lol

So there is is no reason to have a desktop as large as a volcano, that you depend on, especially if you are moving from house to house... Like a log is tiny, although there is a bit of a warm up when you plug it back in, so perhaps a halogen powered log would be better for you since they tend to heat up faster? Eh

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Moving from two houses regularly is definitely a good enough reason to have another desktop! Though the hybrid heats up really fast already, it is a bit large to carry. I used to bring a Volcano Classic in a backpack though... weird looks at Starbucks I tell ya 😆

Most people would recommend a Tinymight for this usage scenario - considering you didn't like it, maybe a Bowle? It's actually not very water friendly but it's easy to tote around, the vapor is cool and smooth, and it's very simple to use with minimal parts and cleaning.

You may also be interested in the V3 Pro! A budding thread on that one growing in the portables section.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Not sure how it compares to the Mighty cuz I much prefer on-demand vapes over session ones, but I rarely run my Dynavaps without any water (especially now during covid times with the limited socializing) and I consistently make em hit very quick and hard...

Cannabiker

Yup, Dynavap. Just get a water wand from DDave, or a Strong Arm from Sneaky Pete, or any other simple stem, plus a ti tip (I'm really liking the Omni tip). I'm with you on avoiding butane, so induction heaters are the way to go. I love my Fluxers, but they're not available any longer. I'm also happy with the Ispre Wand, though I hope they'll come out with a Dyna-specific unit. The Mad Sense should be coming in a couple of months. Everyone also seems to love Pipes's devices.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You put a Tinymight on a bubbler using a wpa with no cooling unit in the vapor path and you didn't like it? 🤔

Vleaf Go is a no brainer for the price although battery life is poor and it's not as fun to use after a bowl or two. If you had two of them and kept the other on a charger you'd be straight.

I agree with @Shit Snacks: the Firewood7 is terrific and pairs well with j-hook or bubbler. The built-in hula stem is surprisingly effective too. It can get you there before your Mighty reaches temp and carries a bit better than the Tinymight, which honestly deserves another look if you're trying to milk a bubbler easily
PXL_20210923_200726127.jpg

florduh

I think the FW7 has a far more restricted airflow than the TinyMight. It's not really an issue through water though. You can cash a bowl really quickly, it just depends on your lung capacity. And it seems really easy to get every last bit out of the herb based on how the oven works. Better taste than any other conduction vape I've found too.

Kind of surprised the TM didn't work out for you. Turning that bitch up to 6+ through water should be the easy train to Milk Town.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Boundless Tera? No experience with it myself, supposed to be better than the Mighty on a water piece.

TheThriftDrifter,

Ripstar

Love using my P80, Tinymight and FW7 with a wpa. Between those 3, it's a pretty hard decision which works best because they all work a little different with water. Having all 3 helps with tolerance though. I busted out my Dyna after a few months without it and that works much better than I ever remember.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If you're up for a rewarding challenge consider the magic flight launch box.
once you have the inhalation options down i think you'll find this little vaporizer will have you floating through the keyhole
as you're getting near complete extraction because of its ingenious design.

Edit (forgot to mention) yes, with the water pipe adapter it's amazing.

jeffp,

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
While I mostly use my 4yr old ogCrafty as my out and about vape, I also use it with my big double tree perc bubbler. Just yesterday, for instance, I realized I had all this kief(tricomes) in the bottom of a grinder I replaced a year ago. I also have some superb delicious strong flower, Doja Dream. I'm a dosing caps exclusively guy--over four years only had loose flower in this Crafty once--so I ground up some Dream, put a nice layer in the bottom of the dosing cap, put a really nice amount of kief in, and then put a nice layer of flower on top. Really tasty and really really rockin'.

Yah, ya gotta wait for the Crafty to heat up, but the water hits are strong smooth, and consistent. With the new 2021 Crafty + just out, you can pick up an "old" Crafty + for $200US, which is a really good deal. After having broken this Crafty(and successfully repaired it!) with a glass wpa, I got the delta3dstudios rubberized adapter, which works great.

I've found my old Fury2 also works well with water. Same for my several vapecaps. It seems it ain't the vape, but what's inside that makes the most difference;)

Polarbearboy,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom