• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Best Portable for Concentrate + Flower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapie

Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations of a portable that will handle both oil/wax + flowers too.

I can't seem to find much, so I might be looking for something that doesn't exist?

Denver912

Go with the lotus bro or arizer solo if you can afford it. Both will handle flowers and concentrates. I'm really liking the reviews I read everywhere on both of these. Read reviews and if you got the bread grab that solo.

A lot of vapes can handle hash and flowers by putting a layer of hash sandwiched between two layers of weed. Or putting oil or hash on cotton but I'd just sandwich it and enjoy.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
lotus ,solo, pinnacle pro
Not out yet but check out Zen Pen AKA Grasshopper Vaporizer.
Most vapes can do herbs with oils on the herb obviously, but also the solo, Pinnacle pro and the possibly the lotus can do oils/ waxes safely in a piece of organic cotton.
Most devices are for either or ,some claim to do both , but in the ascents case it doesnt really do well with oils(wispy in provided oil can) & the pinnacle pro which I own supposedly doesnt do that well with oils either in its provided titanium oil bullet. I have successfully vaped oils in organic cotton in a solo, a original davinci, and soon to test out the pinnacle and lotus with just wax and a piece of organic cotton.

Vapie

I like the Cera but the price tag is a bit steep. Looks like to build that setup it would be about $400.

I went ahead and ordered a Arizer Solo ($139 price match @ GV). I never thought about just mixing it with some flower! Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be a mess. I've never had concentrate at all before and some of it looks glue like. My dispensary has a fair amount of pressed, rock candy types too though. Hopefully it can handle those.

Lotus looks cool, may order the waterpipe piece for my HiSi.

mystikalghost

I like the Cera but the price tag is a bit steep. Looks like to build that setup it would be about $400.

I went ahead and ordered a Arizer Solo ($139 price match @ GV). I never thought about just mixing it with some flower! Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be a mess. I've never had concentrate at all before and some of it looks glue like. My dispensary has a fair amount of pressed, rock candy types too though. Hopefully it can handle those.

It basically is glue. Is it very annoying when you get some on your hand and can't wash it for a while.

Caligula

Maximus

Good. The Solo is win. Make sure to read the Solo thread so you know how to use it properly.

Also when using wax, be sure to pack enough flower on top of the concentrate for it to melt down into (e.g. put a small bed of herb in the bowl, then the concentrate, then pack the rest of the bowl with herb).

And yes it can be a sticky mess. Freezing the concentrate (only takes a few minutes in the freezer) right before you load it will help with this and rubbing alcohol will take it right off of your hands or table or whatever if things get out of hand.

Last edited:

clouded vision

freezing definitely helps but IME the best way to get really sticky wax into a bowl is to get some on a metal dabber then use a lighter to heat up the metal so the wax melts and you can drip it right into the bowl. Go slow with the heat though or you will end up boiling the concentrate on the dabber instead of dripping into the bowl. Also try to use the pointiest dabber you can to minimize what stays on the dabber.

clouded vision,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

hoptimum

lotus ,solo, pinnacle pro
Not out yet but check out Zen Pen AKA Grasshopper Vaporizer.
Most vapes can do herbs with oils on the herb obviously, but also the solo, Pinnacle pro and the possibly the lotus can do oils/ waxes safely in a piece of organic cotton.
Most devices are for either or ,some claim to do both , but in the ascents case it doesnt really do well with oils(wispy in provided oil can) & the pinnacle pro which I own supposedly doesnt do that well with oils either in its provided titanium oil bullet. I have successfully vaped oils in organic cotton in a solo, a original davinci, and soon to test out the pinnacle and lotus with just wax and a piece of organic cotton.

I've also had success using the Solo for hash by wrapping a small amount of concentrate in a rolling paper (remember those?), and letting the Solo heat up on high with the stem inserted for a few minutes. I place the rolled up hash into the hot stem and put it back in the Solo, still on 7. Works every time and tastes fantastic. And the hash seems to melt into the paper but doesnt leak into the bowl.

Caligula

Maximus
I've also had success using the Solo for hash by wrapping a small amount of concentrate in a rolling paper (remember those?), and letting the Solo heat up on high with the stem inserted for a few minutes. I place the rolled up hash into the hot stem and put it back in the Solo, still on 7. Works every time and tastes fantastic. And the hash seems to melt into the paper but doesnt leak into the bowl.

Just use a wad of organic cotton.

freezing definitely helps but IME the best way to get really sticky wax into a bowl is to get some on a metal dabber then use a lighter to heat up the metal so the wax melts and you can drip it right into the bowl. Go slow with the heat though or you will end up boiling the concentrate on the dabber instead of dripping into the bowl. Also try to use the pointiest dabber you can to minimize what stays on the dabber.

IMO a stainless steel sewing needle works best for this. Less surface area on the tip for stuff to stick to. Also requires less heat to loosen the concentrate.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
It's been a while since I've dabbed, but as I recall it's using TINY amounts of wax, right? Like a small enough amount it would get lost in an herb sandwich?

syrupy,

Caligula

Maximus
It's been a while since I've dabbed, but as I recall it's using TINY amounts of wax, right? Like a small enough amount it would get lost in an herb sandwich?

One man's dab is another's appetizer. That being said the size depends on how many people its for and the type of concentrate you're using, as well as desired effect. But yes, typically its very small compared to the overall bowl size.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Also , some like to keep the concentrates separate from the herb, a connoisseurs choice to keep the flavors and effects separate. I love my concentrates by them selves, wether that be a titanium nail set up, or my Healthstone. Rarely will I mix concentrates with my herb, usually kief and hash more often than waxes/shatters. The taste of some of the shatters I get would be tainted by the herbs flavor as the shatters have way more concentrated flavors/terpenes & I personally enjoy those flavors as is, dont get me wrong I love herb & I get some ridiculous OG's but a perfectly made shatter or wax/budder just permeates flavor lol :tup:

Caligula

Maximus
Also , some like to keep the concentrates separate from the herb, a connoisseurs choice to keep the flavors and effects separate. I love my concentrates by them selves, wether that be a titanium nail set up, or my Healthstone. Rarely will I mix concentrates with my herb, usually kief and hash more often than waxes/shatters. The taste of some of the shatters I get would be tainted by the herbs flavor as the shatters have way more concentrated flavors/terpenes & I personally enjoy those flavors as is, dont get me wrong I love herb & I get some ridiculous OG's but a perfectly made shatter or wax/budder just permeates flavor lol :tup:

While I appreciate where you're coming from, and agree in some respects... I have to disagree in other areas. For example, I have been experimenting with different flavor combos in the Solo by mixing different herbs and/or concentrates. Two of my most successful concoctions consisted of Lemon Skunk flower mixed with Lemon Skunk shatter (shatter was blasted from the same crop as the flower), and that same Lemon Skunk (same grower and DNA, different batch) mixed with Prime Extracts Tangie shatter. THAT one actually made my mouth water because it tasted so good. That's no lie!

Mind you these are flavors which can not be achieved with either flower or concentrate on its own.

I also must admit that adding some full melt hash in with flower is amazing in its own right in both flavor and effect, and gives massive clouds from the Solo even on moderate (3 or 4) heat levels.

clouded vision

I personally am not a fan of mixing the 2 in the same bowl, but that's because I always get overzealous with my oil so it ends up lasting longer than the herb does. I end up with half the hits tasting like ABV with a hint of oil.

I do like to pass my cera and solo back and forth with a friend so I'm alternating hits.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
My good friend makes the most amazing budder from chocolope, his herb is all organic cannbis cup style chocolope, but the taste that comes from the budder made from the same flower is outrageous delicious. Like @clouded vision mentioned I should of been a bit more clear , but I like the flavor of the oil by itself with out the abv flavor that comes with the herb being spent. I agree @Caligula that I have concocted some amazing flavors , TAN-G Shatter with some Harcore OG was out of this world, but for me, myself, and I,(lol De-la soul) still prefer the taste of the concentrate on its own. Now this does not mean that I dont mix my oils and herb , I do , at times for reasons that the herb was not cutting it , or i wanted a devastating hit, or I actually craved the herb and oil combo flavor.
This chocolope is insane fully cantaloup-ish flavor with a hint of chocolate, the vaped herb is almost as tasty minus the spent abv flavor towards the end.
The lovely thing is different strokes for different folks, my buddy loves his concentrates on herbs and I prefer them separate, but I cant decline a herb bowl laced with wax that would just be disrespectful :brow::shrug:

Caligula

Maximus
Very nice. As was discussed last night... Try a concentrate/herb sammich in that solo @ level 3 or 4 (YMMV). Amazing flavor until the end.

Edit

@BLAZING OG

A. That shatter looks awesome.

B. For whatever reason I find water filtration via my PNWT aids flavor when combining herb and concentrate in the solo. Maybe the percs mix the vapor better? IDK.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Very nice. As was discussed last night... Try a concentrate/herb sammich in that solo @ level 3 or 4 (YMMV). Amazing flavor until the end.
Sounds delicious, I will give it another try!!
it will be a bit till I get my solo, but believe me it will be coming !!!!lol
Iam positive the solo will put out loads of SALIVATING FLAVOR, cant wait!!!:tup:

Edit
Very True, I will have to experiment with different tubes and percs, I have noticed some percs give huge clouds but suffer slightly on the flavor tip, but some other percs dont give as huge of a cloud but taste is preserved.
ALL IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE!!!

THANKS that's a pic of some of the previous shatters Id get, still do, but that is the latest pic I took, need to photograph some of my newer batches looks so sexy.

Edit

@BLAZING OG

A. That shatter looks awesome.

B. For whatever reason I find water filtration via my PNWT aids flavor when combining herb and concentrate in the solo. Maybe the percs mix the vapor better? IDK.

Last edited:

Vapie

Got the Solo in yesterday... let it charge up fully and have been hitting it ever since. First draw I caught a little flower in the stem/mouth cause I was pulling too hard.

Its kinda like the mflb, slow and steady with a little bit of outside air will get nice pulls.

Definitely a good purchase. Not super portable but I usually have a bag wherever I go anyway so this works. I can take it hiking and throw it in my bag or take it with me in my work bag.

I REALLY dig the temp control. I vaped on 3 yesterday and cranked out a bunch of work then hit it on 7 last night to put me to sleep with a heavy high.

I haven't hit the dispensary yet but will next week to try out a concentrate in it. Might just have to get a nail setup for my bong if I really want to go that route.

Denver912

It basically is glue. Is it very annoying when you get some on your hand and can't wash it for a while.
take a lighter and run it over the hash resin stuck to your hand then wipe it off. Bong resin is a bitch and black but comes right off with the lighter shit.

darkrom

Great Scott!
IMO the options are the persei and the cera for doing bud and oil with a quality well tested vaporizer. I guess the MFLB too, but that didn't cut it for me with bud after a while. Tolerance made it more trouble than it was worth for me personally.

Out of the persei and cera I favor the cera greatly. The bender can do herbs on the persei, but no where NEAR as good as the cera, and it takes truckloads more herb to use the herc than the cera.

Both have amazing top notch oil qualities.

I'd hate mixing my oil with bud. Well I wouldn't hate it, its better than bud alone, but it feels like a huge waste of oil. I get much better results from X amount of oil on its own in a quality vape, than I would the same amount of oil on a bud sandwich. It just doesn't vape the same way. If I was going to do that I'd make bubble hash in the first place and end up with a hash that works in most herb vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom