Best portable convection vape for flavor.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
What's the most convenient/best tasting portable convection vape on the market right now? It seems like it might be the tinymight but I really hate pre-ordering anything these days because you pretty much NEVER get it until well after the estimate when you place your order and they're OOS. Is there anything comparable? The Milaana was my favorite convection vape of all time but I sold the ones I owned and can't find one anywhere now. The Grasshopper was my second favorite but I sent my io in for repair at the beginning of the year and now can't get them to reply to my messages or even confirm they received it.

Cheesequake,
  • Wow
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
TM hands down, full temp range, you can use it with a plain glass stem and other glass piece, I milk the lowest possible temp settings stepping up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit, because I love those low temp effects and flavors! What I reach for to get the ideal taste (Firefly2+ has some great flavor with whole nugs or chunky grind on the low end, but that is all it's good for, pretty frustrating to use otherwise) much better than GH flavor and many other benefits over it... Milaana is also pretty top tier for flavor, something special, but the TM is a good compromise because you get so many other benefits with the regulation and secure stem connection, overall better than a Splinter or iHeat in my experience too... And by the way the TM is not technically really a pre-order, just goes in and out of stock sometimes, but it is a quick turnaround, in the past when it was a pre-order, the unit still shipped within a week or two... It's not like a traditional pre-order I assure you, you can email to ask when the next stock is coming in, I think someone already did that and it was said early June, like this week?? Look in the thread and or other accessory threads, to find the best aftermarket stems, wpa, hooks, and other glass pieces to get the most out of it with the purest possible flavor :tup:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks how about strictly for flavor. Would you put the TBowle in the running?
I haven't used TM so I don't know, but I am blown away by the Bowle's tasty cool hits.
And @Cheesequake you know I was a hopper lover for years...had Milaana3 also...
So many choices!

Not really, because the Bowle cannot go lower than 365F and it also cannot do all glass pathway... I am speaking strictly for flavor when I recommend tinymight, just happens to be my most versatile as well ;)

Okla68

If you haven't tried the Airvape Legacy Pro, you are Truly Missing Out !
On Demand or Session !
I am Not associated with Airvape, just a VERY SATISFIED user !

Okla68,
Reactions: Flow

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Ended up snagging a mighty plus. I know the flavor is probably nowhere near as good as the tinymight but I have a feeling they'll come out with a USB C model before long and I'll pick one up then. I've been using a rogue until I get something better and being able to charge with the same charger as most phones is sweet. Only reason I didn't go for a TM now.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Ended up snagging a mighty plus. I know the flavor is probably nowhere near as good as the tinymight but I have a feeling they'll come out with a USB C model before long and I'll pick one up then. I've been using a rogue until I get something better and being able to charge with the same charger as most phones is sweet. Only reason I didn't go for a TM now.
It’s your call, but I keep seeing this as the reason to pass on the tinymight and it doesn’t really make sense to me. The tinymight uses 18650 cells. While you can charge them in the device, the best practice is to use an external charger anyway, so it’s kind of a moot point 🤷‍♂️.

Shit Snacks

Yeah and I don't know why you would expect them to upgrade with USB-C, because I'm pretty sure there are zero plans to do so...

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
It’s your call, but I keep seeing this as the reason to pass on the tinymight and it doesn’t really make sense to me. The tinymight uses 18650 cells. While you can charge them in the device, the best practice is to use an external charger anyway, so it’s kind of a moot point 🤷‍♂️.
I'd rather not have to worry about carrying extra batteries with me all the time. I used a Milaana for years and always had at least 2 batteries with me. It's nice to be able to charge pretty much anywhere if you forget.

Shit Snacks

I'd rather not have to worry about carrying extra batteries with me all the time. I used a Milaana for years and always had at least 2 batteries with me. It's nice to be able to charge pretty much anywhere if you forget.

Fair enough, not quite the same here, because of the regulation, you can use a battery down to the last drop without hurting your performance, but I feel you!

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Yeah and I don't know why you would expect them to upgrade with USB-C, because I'm pretty sure there are zero plans to do so...
They'd be silly not to. Even shitty Chinese vapes that cost a fourth of the price have switched to USB C. Just about every new controller/phone/laptop/vape mod/whatever uses USB C. The 2 most popular portables on the market switched to USB C. Why would they stay with an older less durable standard that no one really wants anymore in a future revision? And I'm sure with all the hype/popularity/sales a newer revision has been in the works for a while now.

Cheesequake,

JaaCeeDee

They'd be silly not to. Even shitty Chinese vapes that cost a fourth of the price have switched to USB C. Just about every new controller/phone/laptop/vape mod/whatever uses USB C. The 2 most popular portables on the market switched to USB C. Why would they stay with an older less durable standard that no one really wants anymore in a future revision? And I'm sure with all the hype/popularity/sales a newer revision has been in the works for a while now.

I loved S&B, back in 2000 when the volcano was released, but they haven't exactly been leading in innovation since then. And since being purchased by that Canadian company, was it Canopy Growth, I wouldn't expect much in the way of R&D and bringing anything new to the market.

And I'm sure the "pandemic" hasn't helped their bottom-line the past few years, in fact, here's a look at the "forcast" for them from CNN

JaaCeeDee,

Shit Snacks

Well you can't really compare it to shitty Chinese vapes, or any other thing that is mass produced the same way (like Mighty) this being an artisan vape, it is not at all surprising for it to have regular USB micro instead... Also if you look at the history, there are no revisions, there have been rolling slight upgrades, and they just started using a new computer board, that they developed with the same micro USB... I'm just saying, seems to me like you're waiting for nothing really, if usbC is an important feature to you then you have to compromise and get a different vape as you did! Seriously would not hold my breath for that being part of the TM anytime soon (maaaybe in a few years?)

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Interesting note: I confirmed what I saw long ago, as there are times I top off the TM battery using the micro USB and charging the battery in the device.

Unlike many manufacturers that limit the charge rate to ONE AMP, the TM’s BMS (battery management system) allows for TWO amp charging. Using an Apple iPad 2.1 amp USB charger, and an inline USB meter. 2 amps is a perfectly fine charge rate for a modern 18650 battery, and is pretty fast. While USB-C is great, I don’t believe it will charge the TM any faster then is SAFE for the life of the battery. My external charging station can charge at a 3 amp rate, but I never use it.

Shit Snacks

I didn't think they wanted C for the speed, just because it was what their other devices already used now...

Shit Snacks,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I feel like this is an M. Night Shyamalan movie. Started out with "what's the best portable for flavor?" And ended up with a Mighty because of USB C charging. Frankly I want my money back for this thread.
Yeah I looked at every portable vape that looked halfway decent on the market for hours and the Mighty ended up having all the features I wanted at the cost of flavor. And I've had a Crafty before, nowhere near as good as direct convection like the TM/Milaana but the convenience factor and ease of use can't be beaten. If you read my original post the word "convenient" was one of the first adjectives I used to describe what I wanted. Tinymight is not that yet. Not to mention the TM was over $100 more than the M+ after buying all the accessories one would want to buy for a new vape coming from overseas. Had the TM in my cart 7 different times but couldn't pull the trigger cause of that stupid little micro USB connector they used.

Someone posted a millana on frientexchange on reddit around 15 minutes ago.
Thanks for the heads up I shot them a message.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Yeah I looked at every portable vape that looked halfway decent on the market for hours and the Mighty ended up having all the features I wanted at the cost of flavor. And I've had a Crafty before, nowhere near as good as direct convection like the TM/Milaana but the convenience factor and ease of use can't be beaten. If you read my original post the word "convenient" was one of the first adjectives I used to describe what I wanted. Tinymight is not that yet. Not to mention the TM was over $100 more than the M+ after buying all the accessories one would want to buy for a new vape coming from overseas. Had the TM in my cart 7 different times but couldn't pull the trigger cause of that stupid little micro USB connector they used.

Thanks for the heads up I shot them a message.
Cool. Let me know how it goes.

Top Bottom