Best personal Rosin press

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
95% of my tests my material was pre-pressed into Circular compact disc like recommended from the manufacture. A small percentage was done with a full bud. Our 1 7g test was done with a filter bag, And the nugget smasher was the only unit Capable of performing this test.

It was very important for me to not make any of the companies aware that I was testing their units against some of the other units that were out there. I wanted them to think I was just some annoying customer asking 1 million questions calling up all the time. I wanted to make sure they weren’t doing anything extra in hopes for a good review.

I am a completely unbiased consumer that has no ties to either Company. I’m just enthusiast that wants to get the most out of my product plain and simple.

What led me to this journey was pressing Rosin with a hair straightener. My first press was on a baybliss nano hair straightener. It actually impressed me with the results. It’s my girlfriend expensive hair straightener so she said don’t use it for that anymore. I thought OK I’ll get any hair straightener and it will be good. Wrong answer I never got the same results with the other three I tried, they were all cheaper. Remington, Kipozi, and Conair. I thought I’m not going to spend a bunch of money on a hair straightener when I could add a little more and get something that functions better.

Mypress)

This was the first press that came in two days after I ordered from Amazon. I’ve reached out to Mypress on a holiday weekend and they answered my calls on a Saturday and a Sunday. They were very informative they knew their product, and they assured me that they would help with repairs if something broke even if it was after the discouraging three month warranty. When I dug a little deeper I found two reviews were they could attest to Mypress doing just that. One reviewer had something go out after the warranty and Mypress paid for shipping to and from Hawaii and gave them a new unit. That testimony and the fact that if I didn’t like it I had a month to return to Amazon led to the purchase of the highly rated Mypress on Amazon.

When I receive my unit I plugged it in immediately and waited for the recommended 20 to 25 minute heat up time (The factory suggested to wait that long with the plates closed). I loved the effortlessness of this press, it also had an awesome count up feature that really takes the stress out of having something to keep your time with. None of the other presses came with this feature which I noticed was more annoying immediately. From hair straightener to the Mypress I was blown away. I literally had to use no effort, but I did notice I was unable to get any return from second press. With the gorilla glue we had we were able to max out at 22% return. With the other strands we tested the yields were between 15-20% returns.

Mypress was the longest out of the three to heat up completely. It’s also the only one of the three to use stainless steel plates. This Press is not designed for you to have to lean all your weight on it to get it closed but you can feel it is tight and snug. I don’t know about the 6 tons of pressure though. This press was small enough to fit on your countertop and I wouldn’t know what it was just by looking at it. The Mypress sells for 449.99 on Amazon.com

Pros

Count up timer as soon as the plates close

Ease of use little to no effort to close

Small lightweight and discreet

Nice yields from small amounts

Cons

Three month warranty

Could not get any yield from a second press

Price point, price should be cheaper in my opinion $349

Long heat up times stainless steel plates less accurate

Can only squeeze .5 to 1.5 at a time

At times it produced inconsistent results

Nugsmasher Mini)

The second press that arrived. I called them on the weekend and I received a call back Monday afternoon. The gentleman Scott called me back was very informative about his product and told me they stand behind their unit with lifetime guarantee. Buyer is responsible for all shipping but anything that happens to the unit during the course of its life it can be fixed for free which is phenomenal and by far the best warranty out of the three presses. Whenever I called the company they even returned my call that day or the next day excluding weekends. They say this press can press up to 5 g at a time, in our test it handled 7g without an issue. No other press we tested could really handle more than 2 g at best without noticing a lack of power and less returns on the parchment paper.

This was the press that I was least interested in because I thought jacking the press up would be annoying and difficult. This was also the heaviest and largest press out of the three. When it arrived I plugged it in and made sure the plates were touching as the directions stated. The press was completely heated up in about 12 minutes, and to my surprise was very smooth and easy to function. I noticed immediately that the pressed pucks were substantially flatter than any of the other presses. What impressed me the most was the amount of rosin I saw on the parchment paper. The gorilla glue we used spit upwards of 29% return. For some of the other strains the mini average between 20 and 26% returns. Once my friends and I noticed the trend everyone gravitated towards the Nugsmasher mini.

In my opinion this press was the least discreet and would draw more attention to my eye then any of the other presses if it was sitting on the countertop. This press what is the most affordable at $420 and worth every penny in my opinion. After some use my mini started blowing the circuit on my GFI outlet, Although it would work if I didn’t have it on a GFI. I expressed my concern to Nugsmaher and Scott immediately sent me a return label and said is soon as I drop it off at the UPS store they would ship out a new one. So although The mini is the only press that gave me a small problem but they also resolved the issue immediately without any cost to me.

Pros

Was able to get the best yields on the consistent basis

Had the most pressure out of the three presses

Lifetime warranty

Customer service

Price

Cons

Was the tallest and heaviest but not by to much

Was the only press to give me a small issue

The least discrete

Must be stored and transported in the upright position at all times

Rosinbomb Rocket)

I contacted their company on a holiday weekend and I received a phone call Monday morning. It was a lady and she was very informative and knew all the details about her product. She was also very confident that her press is the best personal press out. She answered all of my questions and wasn’t annoyed when I called back several times.

This was the last press to arrive. This was also the press that I was most interested in and hoped to be the one that could produce the most rosin. To me this was the coolest concept and made the process nearly effortless. The first thing I noticed was so tiny and light weight it was. It had a stainless steel casing and looked high quality and would fit right in on the countertop. Upon first look I would think it’s some high end appliance. If you are disabled this is definitely the best press for you. The functionality is as simple as pressing a button and watching.

My first impressions were that the unit under felt under powered for their claims of being able to squeeze 5 g at once. I never tested this because 3 g seem like it prevented it from flattening the puck completely. It also seems like when you press the button to bring the press up slowly it took away from some of the power opposed to when you just let it go straight up without pausing. I was able to do a second press but the yields were much less then with the Nugsmasher mini.

This press was by far the most expensive out of the three retailing for $599.99. I would have no problems paying that price if it had the power that the unit claims it has. I didn’t test the power with the pressure gauge it just seems like the nugsmasher mini had more force than 4000 pounds. I played with the temperature and the amounts in hopes that I could get more out of my product but this unit was more comparable to the mypress in terms of returns. I noticed in one online video from the manufacture and they had the unit set to 270°. No matter how I adjusted the temp or length that I pressed I always got less than with the nugsmasher mini.

The warranty on this unit is one year. The buyer is responsible for shipping back-and-forth. On average I got anywhere between 16 to 20% return. We had some crazy gorilla glue that did yield 23%.

Pros

All you have to do is press the button.

Coolest looking and coolest design.

Works best with small amounts.

Cons

Price

Can only use small amounts 2 g and under

Under powered for what the companies claims.

One year warranty.

Ranking #1-3

Warranty #1 NSM, #2 RBR, #3 MP

Yields #1NSM, #2 TIE RBR/MP these two are almost identical

Price #1 NSM, #2 MP, #3 RBR

Discreteness #1 RBR, Close #2 MP, #3 NSM

Heat up time/plate accuracy #1 RBR, Close #2 NSM, #3 MP

Size and weight #1 RBR, close #2 MP, #3 NSM

Customer service. Tie they were all knowledgeable and informative. The only warrantee I had to use was with nugsmasher mini and it went very smooth.

Ease of use especially if you had a disability #1 RBR, #2 MP, #3 NSM

Hopefully I was able to help some of my fellow enthusiasts. By no means am I a writer or a reviewer but I did my best.

Thanks

Last edited:

mixchu69

95% of my tests my material was pre-pressed into Circular compact disc like recommended from the manufacture. A small percentage was done with a full bud. Our 1 7g test was done with a filter bag, And the nugget smasher was the only unit Capable of performing this test.

It was very important for me to not make any of the companies aware that I was testing their units against some of the other units that were out there. I wanted them to think I was just some annoying customer asking 1 million questions calling up all the time. I wanted to make sure they weren’t doing anything extra in hopes for a good review.

I am a completely unbiased consumer that has no ties to either Company. I’m just enthusiast that wants to get the most out of my product plain and simple.

What led me to this journey was pressing Rosin with a hair straightener. My first press was on a baybliss nano hair straightener. It actually impressed me with the results. It’s my girlfriend expensive hair straightener so she said don’t use it for that anymore. I thought OK I’ll get any hair straightener and it will be good. Wrong answer I never got the same results with the other three I tried, they were all cheaper. Remington, Kipozi, and Conair. I thought I’m not going to spend a bunch of money on a hair straightener when I could add a little more and get something that functions better.

Mypress)

This was the first press that came in two days after I ordered from Amazon. I’ve reached out to Mypress on a holiday weekend and they answered my calls on a Saturday and a Sunday. They were very informative they knew their product, and they assured me that they would help with repairs if something broke even if it was after the discouraging three month warranty. When I dug a little deeper I found two reviews were they could attest to Mypress doing just that. One reviewer had something go out after the warranty and Mypress paid for shipping to and from Hawaii and gave them a new unit. That testimony and the fact that if I didn’t like it I had a month to return to Amazon led to the purchase of the highly rated Mypress on Amazon.

When I receive my unit I plugged it in immediately and waited for the recommended 20 to 25 minute heat up time (The factory suggested to wait that long with the plates closed). I loved the effortlessness of this press, it also had an awesome count up feature that really takes the stress out of having something to keep your time with. None of the other presses came with this feature which I noticed was more annoying immediately. From hair straightener to the Mypress I was blown away. I literally had to use no effort, but I did notice I was unable to get any return from second press. With the gorilla glue we had we were able to max out at 22% return. With the other strands we tested the yields were between 15-20% returns.

Mypress was the longest out of the three to heat up completely. It’s also the only one of the three to use stainless steel plates. This Press is not designed for you to have to lean all your weight on it to get it closed but you can feel it is tight and snug. I don’t know about the 6 tons of pressure though. This press was small enough to fit on your countertop and I wouldn’t know what it was just by looking at it. The Mypress sells for 449.99 on Amazon.com

Pros

Count up timer as soon as the plates close

Ease of use little to no effort to close

Small lightweight and discreet

Nice yields from small amounts

Cons

Three month warranty

Could not get any yield from a second press

Price point, price should be cheaper in my opinion $349

Long heat up times stainless steel plates less accurate

Can only squeeze .5 to 1.5 at a time

At times it produced inconsistent results

Nugsmasher Mini)

The second press that arrived. I called them on the weekend and I received a call back Monday afternoon. The gentleman Scott called me back was very informative about his product and told me they stand behind their unit with lifetime guarantee. Buyer is responsible for all shipping but anything that happens to the unit during the course of its life it can be fixed for free which is phenomenal and by far the best warranty out of the three presses. Whenever I called the company they even returned my call that day or the next day excluding weekends. They say this press can press up to 5 g at a time, in our test it handled 7g without an issue. No other press we tested could really handle more than 2 g at best without noticing a lack of power and less returns on the parchment paper.

This was the press that I was least interested in because I thought jacking the press up would be annoying and difficult. This was also the heaviest and largest press out of the three. When it arrived I plugged it in and made sure the plates were touching as the directions stated. The press was completely heated up in about 12 minutes, and to my surprise was very smooth and easy to function. I noticed immediately that the pressed pucks were substantially flatter than any of the other presses. What impressed me the most was the amount of rosin I saw on the parchment paper. The gorilla glue we used spit upwards of 29% return. For some of the other strains the mini average between 20 and 26% returns. Once my friends and I noticed the trend everyone gravitated towards the Nugsmasher mini.

In my opinion this press was the least discreet and would draw more attention to my eye then any of the other presses if it was sitting on the countertop. This press what is the most affordable at $420 and worth every penny in my opinion. After some use my mini started blowing the circuit on my GFI outlet, Although it would work if I didn’t have it on a GFI. I expressed my concern to Nugsmaher and Scott immediately sent me a return label and said is soon as I drop it off at the UPS store they would ship out a new one. So although The mini is the only press that gave me a small problem but they also resolved the issue immediately without any cost to me.

Pros

Was able to get the best yields on the consistent basis

Had the most pressure out of the three presses

Lifetime warranty

Customer service

Price

Cons

Was the tallest and heaviest but not by to much

Was the only press to give me a small issue

The least discrete

Must be stored and transported in the upright position at all times

Rosinbomb Rocket)

I contacted their company on a holiday weekend and I received a phone call Monday morning. It was a lady and she was very informative and knew all the details about her product. She was also very confident that her press is the best personal press out. She answered all of my questions and wasn’t annoyed when I called back several times.

This was the last press to arrive. This was also the press that I was most interested in and hoped to be the one that could produce the most rosin. To me this was the coolest concept and made the process nearly effortless. The first thing I noticed was so tiny and light weight it was. It had a stainless steel casing and looked high quality and would fit right in on the countertop. Upon first look I would think it’s some high end appliance. If you are disabled this is definitely the best press for you. The functionality is as simple as pressing a button and watching.

My first impressions were that the unit under felt under powered for their claims of being able to squeeze 5 g at once. I never tested this because 3 g seem like it prevented it from flattening the puck completely. It also seems like when you press the button to bring the press up slowly it took away from some of the power opposed to when you just let it go straight up without pausing. I was able to do a second press but the yields were much less then with the Nugsmasher mini.

This press was by far the most expensive out of the three retailing for $599.99. I would have no problems paying that price if it had the power that the unit claims it has. I didn’t test the power with the pressure gauge it just seems like the nugsmasher mini had more force than 4000 pounds. I played with the temperature and the amounts in hopes that I could get more out of my product but this unit was more comparable to the mypress in terms of returns. I noticed in one online video from the manufacture and they had the unit set to 270°. No matter how I adjusted the temp or length that I pressed I always got less than with the nugsmasher mini.

The warranty on this unit is one year. The buyer is responsible for shipping back-and-forth. On average I got anywhere between 16 to 20% return. We had some crazy gorilla glue that did yield 23%.

Pros

All you have to do is press the button.

Coolest looking and coolest design.

Works best with small amounts.

Cons

Price

Can only use small amounts 2 g and under

Under powered for what the companies claims.

One year warranty.

Ranking #1-3

Warranty #1 NSM, #2 RBR, #3 MP

Yields #1NSM, #2 TIE RBR/MP these two are almost identical

Price #1 NSM, #2 MP, #3 RBR

Discreteness #1 RBR, Close #2 MP, #3 NSM

Heat up time/plate accuracy #1 RBR, Close #2 NSM, #3 MP

Size and weight #1 RBR, close #2 MP, #3 NSM

Customer service. Tie they were all knowledgeable and informative. The only warrantee I had to use was with nugsmasher mini and it went very smooth.

Ease of use especially if you had a disability #1 RBR, #2 MP, #3 NSM

Hopefully I was able to help some of my fellow enthusiasts. By no means am I a writer or a reviewer but I did my best.

Thanks
I saw this post on the vapelife forum and appreciate all your testing. I guess the next comparison I would like to see is a DIY press with i.e. dabpress plates and Dake B-10 versus the nusgmasher mini.

davesmith

Glass Blower
Great comparrison. If you did a conclusion type paragraph it wohld make the infomation more obvious to passers by. Im very greatful.for this as at some point i will be in tbe market for a personal press without any diy. Thank yoj

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I bought a NugSmasher Mini. I don't go through concentrate quickly, and I'm too clumsy to assemble things. I like it. I found it very easy to use. Here is a photo of a 3.5 gram run of 8 month-old Blue Magoo.
fSdNYM6.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Please get a Dabpress and do a comparative review. I'd love to hear how it measures up.

I find the Dabpress super easy to finesse exactly the pressure/temp/time I want with very repeatable success using the 10t3x5 with Strongway pump and gauge. It is going to be comparable to the Nugsmaher in that it can do 7g+ presses.

Top Bottom