Best Perc Type(s)/Best Bubbler for Max Cooling/Smoothing/Filtering

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah the above perc is basically another chamber that should function. Besides the top perc in those pics being not great either, the lack of inline in the lower chamber is ruining the honeycomb function.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Managed to post my comment without the link or photo 😂
https://au.dhgate.com/product/cheap-double-honeycomb-bong-showerhead-percolator/408151105.html#dspm=pcen.seo-au.list.2.noqdVSiou9SuTwu0Szc2&seo_type=1&resource_id=#s1-1-1;au|3505713709

rBVaSlpAsoSAbVV-AACGdjzKbHg844.jpg

3fcfb849-36bb-4d18-8529-f88adbfb1d80.jpg

Haha thought so, okay yeah so, those are not even shower head really, they are matrix tire perc in the mushroom style, not really great in my opinion, but especially not good with the honeycomb below, yeah you're not going to get good flow from the honeycomb this way and it's not going to make sense to have the bubble stack up into the mushroom even if there was an inline perc below the honeycomb imo

Cloud McLongFoot

Haha thought so, okay yeah so, those are not even shower head really, they are matrix tire perc in the mushroom style, not really great in my opinion, but especially not good with the honeycomb below, yeah you're not going to get good flow from the honeycomb this way and it's not going to make sense to have the bubble stack up into the mushroom even if there was an inline perc below the honeycomb imo
Ok thanks for the confirmation, I thought it all seemed a bit odd. Glass options in Australia are always a bit lacklustre but is slowly picking up. I’ll just have to keep my eye on dhgate for one I like. Hopefully I can find a 20-30cm one with a shower head or in-line below a honeycomb. You guys are all awesome for the knowledge and helpfulness!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Ok thanks for the confirmation, I thought it all seemed a bit odd. Glass options in Australia are always a bit lacklustre but is slowly picking up. I’ll just have to keep my eye on dhgate for one I like. Hopefully I can find a 20-30cm one with a shower head or in-line below a honeycomb. You guys are all awesome for the knowledge and helpfulness!
CaliBear offer free shipping and have (I believe) 30% off rn

Have some nice pieces you might like

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

Shit Snacks

It is tough internationally, especially in Australia I've heard, this looks like a good one if you can stomach the price for you:
While they're on sale discounted as well...

Yeah if you want honeycomb, there are some other styles, the honeycomb itself can be inline or it can be a laser cut like CaliBear, but in this thread there were also some other cheap versions shared I think that had shower head below honeycomb? Good luck!

These guys are in Australia and stock a lot of the same options you can find at Sneaky Petes. I've had this one for a few months now and really enjoy it. Hope this helps!

Cloud McLongFoot

These guys are in Australia and stock a lot of the same options you can find at Sneaky Petes. I've had this one for a few months now and really enjoy it. Hope this helps!
Hey man thanks for the info, I’ve seen these guys a few times and the buzz is actually what made me wanna search for a combo! But I think I may have found 2 pieces to choose from
https://cloudedrasta.com.au/product/mushroom-dab-rig/
It’s not honeycomb but the artistic side of it really hits me
Or
https://cloudedrasta.com.au/product/recycler/

Curious how you put the link in with the photo and all? Pretty new to posting on here

Cloud McLongFoot,

Shit Snacks

Hey man thanks for the info, I’ve seen these guys a few times and the buzz is actually what made me wanna search for a combo! But I think I may have found 2 pieces to choose from
https://cloudedrasta.com.au/product/mushroom-dab-rig/
It’s not honeycomb but the artistic side of it really hits me
Or
https://cloudedrasta.com.au/product/recycler/

I actually like that heady mushroom one a lot, it has a nice simple perc so it will also have some good function for vaping... the other with two honeycomb below turbine splash guard, looks functionally not good lol

Curious how you put the link in with the photo and all? Pretty new to posting on here

Oh that is just dependent on the link itself, different links show up differently in posts, seemingly random based on the site is all

Shit Snacks

Did you ever get this piece? Is it still available?

Yes I've done many posts about it, unfortunately became unavailable immediately after I ordered it so I'm very lucky I got it at all and it is such quality... Love using it with female to female s shape drop down, honestly it is an even better dry rig than prophet for me in fact... Decent low diffusion perc for water too, which you can find in similar versions elsewhere:

This one is the same, except it is quite a bit taller, much longer mouthpiece neck in particular, perc looks a little better made (mine has uneven slits a couple are holes accidentally lol) however the mouthpiece itself seems to be the wide flat kind more like calibear straight fab and also much narrower than mine though maybe not that narrow? Mine was also like $49 and this one is like $80 but honestly I think it is worth it...

Alternatively this shop that also sells under the yhookah storefront has another version, with a female joint, that @Abele Rizieri Ferrari shared photos of in the cheap glass thread, they have not posted it for sale, but you can message them to order it as well ...

Finally the soon to arrive Cloud Connoisseur Protege is another great alternative, although it is more for water with the frit disc fountain perc it actually also works really well dry, with extra cooling spikes and modular mouthpiece (I actually have the prototype and it is a phenomenal piece too!)

Last edited:

yeswecann

Yes I've done many posts about it, unfortunately became unavailable immediately after I ordered it so I'm very lucky I got it at all and it is such quality... Love using it with female to female s shape drop down, honestly it is an even better dry rig than prophet for me in fact... Decent low diffusion perc for water too, which you can find in similar versions elsewhere:

This one is the same, except it is quite a bit taller, much longer mouthpiece neck in particular, perc looks a little better made (mine has uneven slits a couple are holes accidentally lol) however the mouthpiece itself seems to be the wide flat kind more like calibear straight fab and also much narrower than mine though maybe not that narrow? Mine was also like $49 and this one is like $80 but honestly I think it is worth it...

Alternatively this shop that also sells under the yhookah storefront has another version, with a female joint, that @Abele Rizieri Ferrari shared photos of in the cheap glass thread, they have not posted it for sale, but you can message them to order it as well ...

Finally the soon to arrive Cloud Connoisseur Protege is another great alternative, although it is more for water with the frit disc fountain perc it actually also works really well dry, with extra cooling spikes and modular mouthpiece (I actually have the prototype and it is a phenomenal piece too!)
Thanks. Zoomed in, don't love the perc on that eBay one. Protege look dope, except for cleaning!

Shit Snacks

Thanks. Zoomed in, don't love the perc on that eBay one.

Yeah it is similar to the one from the DHgate seller, minimal diffusion not bad, also has a bit more egg shape to it before switching to swiss holes (I believe the extra right angle pathway is also copied off of recycler drains though this one of course is not that) Like I said the one I have also has a less than great perc, but I don't even notice since I am using it dry 90% of the time, however when I do then try it with water I am consistently further impressed! With the location of the perc and water levels, you usually get some of the swiss holes involved has more natural additional perc action so it is nice cooling hand flavor retention... And I really love the additional right angle bends with the drop down (that also allows for easy cleaning) which is a big part of that extra cooling making this one of my top smoothest hitting, most flavor savoring, nice pieces honestly!

Protege look dope, except for cleaning!

With the Protege, the frit disc gives you more unique function, but further diffusion, flavor can still shine through and the hits are insanely smooth as a result, very glad I have both (and Prophet of course) However for cleaning it is not really a problem, I mean for me always using dropdown adapter and distilled water it stays clean for a long time and then the actual cleaning is a quick salt and alcohol rinse still... The removable mouthpiece helps make that even easier... Oh and Cloud Connoisseur also has dry herb catchers available with them as an option, separate piece as a drop down or just the catch, their shipment just landed in fact if you want to reach out to them about ordering as soon as you can!

Top Bottom