best dynavap lighter

oreo47

hello
I am wondering what the best type of lighter would be for evenly heating (heat soak the whole load) my dynavap.
I am considering a small blow torch but I am worried it wont heat soak the whole load as it will click too quickly.
In peoples experience what is the best lighter for heating soaking the whole load and not just a particular point in the load?

oreo47,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud

oreo47

oreo47,

ejackyou

Hamilton
Standard single flame for complete control, just keep constantly spinning between thumb and forefinger.

ejackyou,
Reactions: vapognak

kalel

hello
I am wondering what the best type of lighter would be for evenly heating (heat soak the whole load) my dynavap.
I am considering a small blow torch but I am worried it wont heat soak the whole load as it will click too quickly.
In peoples experience what is the best lighter for heating soaking the whole load and not just a particular point in the load?

Doesn't this go against the whole idea of combustion being a no no?

I thought the forum was for products that were convection based not conduction.

kalel,

Vaporware

Doesn't this go against the whole idea of combustion being a no no?

I thought the forum was for products that were convection based not conduction.

Conduction is not combustion, it’s the difference between heating something in a pan over a flame and sticking it in the flame until it burns. Convection would be holding your material near the flame and pulling hot air through your material.

If you’re not familiar with VapCaps, you use a flame (or other heat source) to heat the metal cap and tip which gives you a combination of convection and (mostly) conduction to create vapor. It clicks when it gets to an appropriate temperature, and you can burn your materials if you keep heating much beyond that, but with normal use there’s no significant combustion.

Top Bottom