Best convection vape for Europe: MiniVap vs TETRA P80 vs Tinymight vs others?

Gup de Fump

Hi folks

I posted the below in the Dreamwood Glow thread and was advised to "Ask FC". Read the rules this time and found this post. My question is similar. I was fairly settled on a dreamwood glow RCV18 but I've realised after totting up the costs of the Dreamwood, a nice mod (Geek Vape Aegis X / Vapefly Kriemhild / Innokin MVP5 are my frontrunners), and an additional bent glass mouthpiece, that this vape could run me a similar cost to a Tinymight and from there it's not that far to get to a Lamart Tetra P80.

Visually I definitely prefer the Dreamwood, with any of the mods mentioned. But in terms of reliability and performance - would I be better holding out for the Lamart? I've tried neither. I currently have a Dynavap 2020M, Pax 3 and Sticky Brick OG in my lineup, if that influences matters 😁

I'm a stay at home user, size and portability aren't an issue. In fact I kinda like BIG which is why I have an OG brick in spite of loads of reviewers preferring the runt. I've thought about desktops but I think my preferred style really is stay at home portable (the Pax was my first, in reality I really don't need such a compact device! The dynavap came next and helped me end smoking for good).

Definitely appreciate advice/discussion. Many thanks folks!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hi folks

I posted the below in the Dreamwood Glow thread and was advised to "Ask FC". Read the rules this time and found this post. My question is similar. I was fairly settled on a dreamwood glow RCV18 but I've realised after totting up the costs of the Dreamwood, a nice mod (Geek Vape Aegis X / Vapefly Kriemhild / Innokin MVP5 are my frontrunners), and an additional bent glass mouthpiece, that this vape could run me a similar cost to a Tinymight and from there it's not that far to get to a Lamart Tetra P80.

Visually I definitely prefer the Dreamwood, with any of the mods mentioned. But in terms of reliability and performance - would I be better holding out for the Lamart? I've tried neither. I currently have a Dynavap 2020M, Pax 3 and Sticky Brick OG in my lineup, if that influences matters 😁

I'm a stay at home user, size and portability aren't an issue. In fact I kinda like BIG which is why I have an OG brick in spite of loads of reviewers preferring the runt. I've thought about desktops but I think my preferred style really is stay at home portable (the Pax was my first, in reality I really don't need such a compact device! The dynavap came next and helped me end smoking for good).

Definitely appreciate advice/discussion. Many thanks folks!
Get a Tinymight. I'm a Splinter Z maven myself and also own an og Brick that's just the right size for me. I've never owned any of the rebuildable 510 devices but I did own a Tubo X for a year.

I rate my Zs tops for flavor. The Tinymight has the handy size and easy operation down, though I do mostly use mine with a j-hook and an upside-down Splinter stem as an 18mm WPA. I like not having to clean a clogged cooling unit and the ritual with a j-hook is kind of pipe-and-lighter like the brick. I use my Zs upside-down like this too but the ground glass joint isn't as secure and its a taller more awkward right hand.
PXL_20201022_202844006~2.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporware

@Gup de Fump The ones you’re considering are good, but for home use I would just go straight to a good desktop.

In Europe I’m sticking with my Herborizer recommendation from earlier in the thread. It’s not bulletproof, but it should be more reliable and consistent, and it’s definitely more powerful than most portables. I use a FlowerPot which is a very similar design almost every day. :)

Vaporware,
Reactions: dimmusp

Gup de Fump

Thanks both. I must admit when I first saw the sum I am considering for the various bits i was planning on getting, my first thought was "that buys a Tinymight and nearly a Ditanium".

But with desktops... I don't know that I could have one left out in my home. And it would bother me having to cupboard a nice looking plug in. With the Tinymight, things reviewers have mentioned that slightly bug me (I'd like to see it in person) are the button being a bit spongy, the noise of the heater, and the light leak from the bottom plate. I'm sure they're all not an issue but am wary to drop the sum before I see one

Gup de Fump,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom