Best convection vape for Europe: MiniVap vs TETRA P80 vs Tinymight vs others?

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively easy to use vape (regulated convection) to be shipped to Europe. It's just for home use, so portability is not a big deal though being able to take it to the balcony would be nice.

Aside from that, one of my main criteria is that the air intake and vapor path are *safe* from electronics, plastics, certain metals, and volatile wood oils.

I looked at various log vapes (e.g., E-Nano) but they were either too expensive or didn't have CE certification, would require a 220V to 110V converter, etc.

Then, I was about to buy the Fenix Pro (very similar to the Fury Edge) thanks to its ease-if-use and isolated air intake, but was put off by the blue silicone gasket. I also learned about the difference between session and on-demand vapes and how the latter waste much less herb because they don't heat it constantly.

I narrowed my search down to pretty much the TETRA P80 (made in Switzerland) and the Tinymight (made in Finland), and just today came across the MiniVap (made in Spain). It seems to be a relatively underrated vape from a long time ago that has been updated over the years and has a few hardcore fans.

So...

How do they all compare? Am I missing other worthy contenders? :)

Thanks!

cacahahacaca,

MonkeyTime

Hey @cacahahacaca , followed you over.

I'll start by asking you what's important to you? What features are needs, wants, likes?

How will you want to use it? Do you want to work thru a session slowly, does it need to be fast?

Don't rule out conduction until you know what fits... there are some great options on both sides of that fence.

GoldenBud

Then, I was about to buy the Fenix Pro (very similar to the Fury Edge) thanks to its ease-if-use and isolated air intake, but was put off by the blue silicone gasket. I also learned about the difference between session and on-demand vapes and how the latter waste much less herb because they don't heat it constantly.
Hi,
Fury Edge/Fury II/Solo/Solo II/Argo they are all conduction devices. the heater is small and sits near the chamber. their convection method/heating is almost negligible. Their convection tag is basically to show that they invented something : the heater isn't in a direct contact with the herb, but it heats the chamber so good that it is conducts it, the air which transfers inside the chamber isn't hot enough.

They're great devices (Solo II is my main device right now), but not convection and not on-demand (will take a minute or so to see vapor)

Basically you've got more options: the website vapefiend (UK) has Splinters, but expensive than RBT store (if you got some relative in the US and you're gonna meet him soon, try to convince him to buy some splinter from RBT store ofc..haha)

Remember that Splinters/TP80 has glass inside of them, so if you tend to break things ... think about it.

TM is the hot convection on demand unbreakable device (except the stems?) but time will tell ofcourse.

Last edited:

Stonedbadger

And just to be sure that you have considered all you're options you also have the Dreamwood vapes like the glow and the butane powered punch

I personally love the tetra, its so powerful and versatile but I'm still waiting to try the TM

Pablopicasso

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively easy to use vape (regulated convection) to be shipped to Europe. It's just for home use, so portability is not a big deal though being able to take it to the balcony would be nice.

Aside from that, one of my main criteria is that the air intake and vapor path are *safe* from electronics, plastics, certain metals, and volatile wood oils.

I looked at various log vapes (e.g., E-Nano) but they were either too expensive or didn't have CE certification, would require a 220V to 110V converter, etc.

I narrowed my search down to pretty much the TETRA P80 (made in Switzerland) and the Tinymight (made in Finland), and just today came across the MiniVap (made in Spain). It seems to be a relatively underrated vape from a long time ago that has been updated over the years and has a few hardcore fans.

So...

How do they all compare? Am I missing other worthy contenders? :)

Thanks!
I own glass core and teflon core and you mentioned as well Evo vape .
Minivap is more a sessions vape than evo,warm up time is more o less same(best results 10 min ).
MiniVap is ragulated and have 4 present temps from 195-235 Celsius.... yeap if you want you can get very close to combustion
Evo have a dial that lets says goes from 10 am to 5 pm .. usually sweet spot is around 12 am-180/200 degrees Celsius.
MiniVap can be hybrid with glass
Evo convection
Evo can do concentrate
Didn't get Good results with minivap with Wax
MiniVap work as well battery or wall plugged
Evo just destkop option
Flavor very good on both
Effects I like more Evo but the 2 are one of best
I use minivap for slow sessions taking my time
Evo in my opinion extract faster
Both can work with basket system but just minivap you call load directly in the chamber.
Evo you can load 0.13 - 0.15 max but work any size load
MiniVap full direct load you can fit 0.2-0.25 work best full loaded
I find Evo esyer in my throat so I can vape more:brow:
But minivap is only one of the one that you mentioned that have medical standards en studyies tu support that.
But Evo all glass just a basket no esletronics and repit all glass can't be beaten up ...so pure my man and personally feel the difference!!!

I'm just in flowerpots now and prefer destkop for my usage
And tinymighty looking very good from the comments but I will wait and see....anyway not in stock in Europe.... vapefield stocking soon.
I have a Apollo 2 by venusvape that I liked but no more in rotation... the are different but share some similarities

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Have a look at the Life Saber too if you don't need outside portability. Ceramic heater and all glass air path. Extraction and vapor quality are fantastic, the device high quality and the price is more than reasonable :)

I own glass core and teflon core and you mentioned as well Evo vape .
Minivap is more a sessions vape than evo,warm up time is more o less same(best results 10 min ).
MiniVap is ragulated and have 4 present temps from 195-235 Celsius.... yeap if you want you can get very close to combustion
Evo have a dial that lets says goes from 10 am to 5 pm .. usually sweet spot is around 12 am-180/200 degrees Celsius.
MiniVap can be hybrid with glass
Evo convection
Evo can do concentrate
Didn't get Good results with minivap with Wax
MiniVap work as well battery or wall plugged
Evo just destkop option
Flavor very good on both
Effects I like more Evo but the 2 are one of best
I use minivap for slow sessions taking my time
Evo in my opinion extract faster
Both can work with basket system but just minivap you call load directly in the chamber.
Evo you can load 0.13 - 0.15 max but work any size load
MiniVap full direct load you can fit 0.2-0.25 work best full loaded
I find Evo esyer in my throat so I can vape more:brow:
But minivap is only one of the one that you mentioned that have medical standards en studyies tu support that.
But Evo all glass just a basket no esletronics and repit all glass can't be beaten up ...so pure my man and personally feel the difference!!!

I'm just in flowerpots now and prefer destkop for my usage
And tinymighty looking very good from the comments but I will wait and see....anyway not in stock in Europe.... vapefield stocking soon.
I have a Apollo 2 by venusvape that I liked but no more in rotation... the are different but share some similarities
Thanks for sharing! I didn't mention any Evo though... :) Are you referring to the Vapexhale EVO? It looks awesome but *waaaaaay* above my budget.

The MiniVap is already beyond what I'd be comfortable spending :( At first I thought of getting the "MV Core Vaporizer" for €170, but then realized that it doesn't come with anything and I'd at least have to get the "MV Single Vaporizer" for €240, which doesn't include the battery (that one is €310 :o ).

By the way, it looks like all the MiniVaps use a silicone tube instead of a glass stem for the mouthpiece. Doesn't that affect the flavor and require that you be changing the silicone tube periodically? I would much rather a vape with a glass stem.

EDIT: I just saw that you can use glass with the MV: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/cre2ke/minivap_still_hits_like_a_champ/ . The thing is that it would add even more to the price...

Have a look at the Life Saber too if you don't need outside portability. Ceramic heater and all glass air path. Extraction and vapor quality are fantastic, the device high quality and the price is more than reasonable :)
Thanks, I did consider it, but there are a few cons I read about that made me think twice:

- Requires stirring for even AVB. I'd rather not be messing with my vape to get it to work "right", and I've read that vapes like the TETRA P80 don't require stirring so it's at least possible.

- The aluminum case gets very hot, almost too much to hold.

- It's quite big and unwieldy in use. I don't need a vape for putting in my pocket, but I'd appreciate a size that lets me put it away somewhat discretely in a drawer. The case is basically a full-size handbag :o

That being said, I see that your signature mentions a "2020 LSV". Did they upgrade it for this year's model?

Hey @cacahahacaca , followed you over.

I'll start by asking you what's important to you? What features are needs, wants, likes?

How will you want to use it? Do you want to work thru a session slowly, does it need to be fast?

Don't rule out conduction until you know what fits... there are some great options on both sides of that fence.
I'm looking for:
  • Safe air: the air intake and vapor path are free of electronics, plastics, certain metals, and volatile wood oils. Glass in as many places as possible seems like the way to go, along with avoiding aluminum chambers, nichrome coils, glue, and silicone gaskets close to heat sources (looking at you, Fury vapes!).
  • Safe usage: the vape won't burn you or the furniture if you get distracted and touch it / put it down the wrong way (e.g., ELEV8R). You also don't need to play with scary torches to heat it up (e.g., DynaVap).
  • Size / use case: Home use, with portability a nice-to-have so I can take it to my balcony.
  • Efficient: I will use it by myself and I want a good bang-for-the buck in terms of effects vs. herb use, which is why I'm leaning toward on-demand vapes.
  • Cool & smooth vapor: don't want to hurt my lips / mouth / lungs
  • Taste: not the most important, though it would be nice for the herb to taste as good as it smells :)
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'd leave all the desktops alone unless you're a fairly active user and planning to vape throughout the day in one location. I owned an Enano for a year and the ten to fifteen minute heatup didn't suit me one bit.

If you're new to dry herb vapes the Fury Edge is the sweet spot for value and ease of use. Get the 3D dimpled cooling stem for better flavor at home and maybe also get a WPA for use with a small bubbler like the D020-D from dhgate. Session vapes like the Edge aren't going to compete with on demand convection for flavor but the Edge is fast, safe, and easy to use and maintain.

For double the price the Tinymight checks all your boxes and is next on my list for on demand portables. I'd also second the advice from @GoldenBud about getting a friend's help to acquire a Splinter or Splinter Z. Paired with a Wismec RX Gen3 Dual box mod for $40us from a China store the Splinter or Z provide amazing on demand convection vapor for the price of a little session vape like the Edge. The main issue is your location since EU sellers are inflating the price and RBT doesn't ship internationally.

Finally I'd recommend an og Sticky Brick or a Lotus. Both use a torch and are excellent for flavor.

MrMonss

I'd leave all the desktops alone unless you're a fairly active user and planning to vape throughout the day in one location. I owned an Enano for a year and the ten to fifteen minute heatup didn't suit me one bit.

If you're new to dry herb vapes the Fury Edge is the sweet spot for value and ease of use. Get the 3D dimpled cooling stem for better flavor at home and maybe also get a WPA for use with a small bubbler like the D020-D from dhgate. Session vapes like the Edge aren't going to compete with on demand convection for flavor but the Edge is fast, safe, and easy to use and maintain.

For double the price the Tinymight checks all your boxes and is next on my list for on demand portables. I'd also second the advice from @GoldenBud about getting a friend's help to acquire a Splinter or Splinter Z. Paired with a Wismec RX Gen3 Dual box mod for $40us from a China store the Splinter or Z provide amazing on demand convection vapor for the price of a little session vape like the Edge. The main issue is your location since EU sellers are inflating the price and RBT doesn't ship internationally.

Finally I'd recommend an og Sticky Brick or a Lotus. Both use a torch and are excellent for flavor.

Dreamwood (from Germany)
Similar to Splinter, I have the GlowRCV18 and this is a piece a fonctionnal art. Great craftman.
Butane vapes too.

MonkeyTime

You already ruled out the MV, too costly, I get it, but it would have been my first recommendation.

Without knowing what vapes you have already to understand what you'd be comparing it to, I'm going to suggest the Tinymight.

It's relatively small, heats up pretty quickly, has both on-demand and session modes and because it uses standard 16mm glass tubes, pretty versatile. The vapor as setup stock is very cool and it really hits hard if you want it to.

Tinymight

First post in the thread has a link to the website for pricing.

dimmusp

It would be awesome to see a comparison of the Mighty vs TETRA P80 / TETRAx vs Tinymight vs MiniVAP!

dimmusp,

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
don't know anything about the MiniVAP, but once more, it makes no sense to compare the Mighty with P80/TM

Alex3oe,
Reactions: bossman

dimmusp

don't know anything about the MiniVAP, but once more, it makes no sense to compare the Mighty with P80/TM
I guess on paper the TP80 and TM are better, but Troy from 420vapezone has tried pretty much every vape out there and puts it at the top of his heap, which ought to mean something :hmm:

dimmusp,

GoldenBud

I guess on paper the TP80 and TM are better, but Troy from 420vapezone has tried pretty much every vape out there and puts it at the top of his heap, which ought to mean something :hmm:
Because he never needs the on-demand hits. he can wait 1 minute each time and rip his bubbler on 200C+
For most people it matters

Troy will keep the Mighty because of its durability, consistent rips, using indoor outdoor with or without a bubbler, and because you barely need to stirr it. but it's not an on-demand device so it's hard to compare to TP/TM

ahh, and the taste of TP80/TM is better than the Mighty, he prefer bigger clouds than taste I think.

Last edited:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker

Yeah, that's absolutely all right. He seems to like the Mighty best for his needs. But needs differ :)
The cleaning of the Mighty was so annoying for me, I sold it after 3 weeks for this reason only, eg.

It's a real mess and hardly impossible to find the right vape for yourself without trying them all until you found it. Have been searching for years.

Vaporware

If you can get over your worries of burning yourself, I think the Herborizer is still the best option. I’ve heard that with an account and FC discount it’s as low as 180€ on https://lacentralevapeur.com/ so I’d take a serious look at it!

If you don’t use a huge glass piece it’s not all that much to put away, and considering the vapor quality and reliability* I think the negatives are pretty minor.

*I only have the FlowerPot, but it’s a very similar type and from what I’ve read they’re pretty comparable in most ways. For home use, overall I think these beat any portable.

Vaporware,
Reactions: dimmusp

justcametomind

Thanks, they look great but are too expensive for my budget and are so large that they are hard to store discretely in case of guests at home.
Arizer V Tower is 95€ shipped at vaposhop.com
Not a portable, but fits any budget and is a decent convection vape from a reputable firm. Just like the Extreme Q but no balloons.
If you shop for non already discounted vapes, vaposhop has a 10% coupon for FC members which is VAPOBUST2018

Top Bottom