best and worst vapes for one-handed operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

vaporist
hi,

I'm new here. Not vaping yet, but i have my PD:pd: on order. I recently had an accident and would like to hear what you all woud recommend as the easiest vapes for one-handed operation. I think the PD is going to be a winner, but would eventually like to have a whip-vape (to hook up to my 10" GonG bong) and a portable, too. The MFLB looks fantastic. I love that the new cutting-edge technology is based on conduction. Everything old is new again :brow:.

Any way, what i need is a vape that i can set-up, load, operate and re-load with one hand. Also, are there any vapes, or styles of vape, that i should absolutely avoid?

Thanks!

Ash,

Beezleb

Sorry to hear about your accident.

I have a DBV but frankly I never tried it just using one hand so I will try for awhile and give an honest opinion. I do not imagine it would be an issue though.

The biggest issue I see for one hand and some vapes is the need for some vapes like the PD and MZ to require ground or cut up the weed, if you can rig a system that enables you to grind the weed and these vapes will fit your criteria. Just need something to hold the grinder in place while you twist or simply just pinch and twist the weed with your fingers and thumb or something.

With the DBV, SSV and I imagine most box vapes you do not need to grind or cut up the weed first. You can break off a piece of bud put it into the wand and then just cut it up in the wand a bit. As you vape it will crumble but you do get better draws in my view when the weed is cut up or ground.

Since you have a bong already, I would look into the Vrip wand vaporizer. This would be the first vape I would look at followed by the whip vapes.

Beezleb,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
hey man...taking to the vape scene with force, I like :brow: ....You won't be disappointed

Here's a quick list to avoid given your situation:
~VHW (sad to say...ahh this thing gives FAT clouds tho)
~SSV
~VG (how busted is your hand anyhow? can you at least hold a wooden pipe? if so, then look into this vape a bit more)
~supreme vape
~glass vape
~Extreme (Every time I think back on it, I remember using two hands a LOT to pull off whips, turn on fans, adjust the spot of the E ect ect ect.)

I recommend:
~Volcano (could it get any easier? to really make it one handed make sure to get a coffee grinder. One handed op's FTW)
~herborizer (the heating element fits on a GONG bowl. It likes to stay fixed in place)
~SSV/DBV with the GONG connection (warning...I have heard that it doesn't hit as well with the GONG fittings)
~vapor star (as long as you have a bong for it)

welcome to FC friend

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Ash

vaporist
Yeah, I wont be holding a pipe any time soon.:doh:

Im not too worried about the grinding because that can be done ahead of time. Ive got a mixn ball classic screen coming any day now and Ill try to rig something so I can grind myself. If that proves successful Ill post the solution over on the grinders thread. If not, my wife will help me out when Im running low on pre-ground material.

I think Ive mostly worked out how I would use the dbv. Vacuum method to fill the bowl, and hands-free GonG for one-handed vaping. However, I am a bit concerned bout having to stir in between hits. I guess I could try and make some kind of whip holder, but Id have to do that with one hand, too. Any thoughts on this part of the process? Are there any whip-vapes that dont need to be stirred?

On a relatrd topic, would a two-piece bowl be more difficult to manage one-handed than a one piece? I think I remember reading in a thread here that 7th floor was moving to the two-piece, but I might be getting confused (information overload).:hmm:

In regards to bag-vapes, I usually partake by myself or with my wife (more than two people on only very rare occasions). So, I wasnt thinking a bag-vape really fits my lifestyle. That said, I try to keep an open mind and wont rule it out. Is it difficult to connect to bags to the valves? Would one type of valve be easier to manage with one hand (cano, HA, E, ZI)?

Ash,

Beezleb

regarding the stirring
You could always empty the contents and vacuum it back up.

The main issue I see is caring for the DBV with one hand would be difficult. I believe you could get a two piece to work with a DBV vape but still not the most one armed friendly I think. You could always just clean your wand with ISO so that wouldnt be much of an issue.

Ive done a wand one handed and it was very awkward for me but I am not used to using on arm and that was probably the issue. I kept having the mouthpiece whipping around hehe.

Another issue I see with glass is the risk in dropping and breaking the wand but this is probably not an issue for those who know how to get around with only one arm.

Beezleb,

Qbit

cannabanana
Well I just packed and consumed a PD stem one-handed no probs. With my left hand too (I'm right-handed). So as long as you can grind your herb and keep your stems iso-ed, you're laughing. Especially with a wife around.

Qbit,

Mark

John Brown
You could easily one hand grind with a coffee grinder. :2c:
And that's to bad man, good luck with the recovery and getting vaked. :D

Mark,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I think the Extreme would work well with the whip. The GG joint at top rotates without falling out like the DBV, making it very easy to use. Parts can be put on and off one at a time and temp controls are just a button push on the front.

DeepFried,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom