Beaker vs. Straight tube

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not sure if this should be in ask FC instead?

But I don't really like either, for vaping I don't like tall straight tubes... The basic difference if you are comparing them though, aside from whether the joint is a right angle or 45° angle removable downstem... Beaker will hold more water with the wider base, so if that's something you want, and the tilting angle if it has the angle adapter, versus a straight tube that has a right angle adapter... But you might be able to get a more involved functional perc that way? Although I would prefer to have that better perc in a better body with a bent neck personally...

Beakers seem more popular

MoltenTiger

I don't mind my 25cm beaker with EHLE diffuser downstem for travelling.

The larger volume of water in the flared base of a beaker is good for keeping the glass fairly clean over a few days when out and about. This is also good for repeat cool hits in a busy session.

Suits a portable vape with the 45° angled stem.

A straight tube is near enough the same, though easier to get a stand-up / table experience, and you can leave heavier/desktop items in the joint without tipping concerns, to a degree, and depending on the piece.

The air volume for most straight tubes and beakers is only really suited for the heavy hitters, and even then I would say a bubbler style will give the better hit - the vapour is simply less dilute from a small vs large rig.

A beaker is nice with a heavy hitter for the quintessential bong experience though, and good to share with people.

I think style would be the deciding factor between beaker/tube, considering the aesthetics and perc options are the main difference besides the water volume.

Both styles have a lot of air volume which needs to be displaced, so they're not really the go-to vaping option.
More condense mouthpieces, less emulsification, less surface area, bubblers are the go to for those reasons, but everything works.

Kebo1923

I used an e-nano with 14" beaker for years. Beaker let me keep the water low and hold the glass comfortable at an angle. Lately it is a Dynavap out of smaller "rigs" still beakers more often than not. All about the feeling in the hand for me.

howie105

What do ya'll prefer and why
I like simple straight tube bongs with variations in bore diameter and height. They run well dry, produce consistent results, are easy to clean and cheap. They don't get you gear cred, or look particularly "WOW" in pictures and buying at the bottom tier will get you an occasional janky piece that leans, has bad welds etc. In the end, we all should just buy what we want.

Top Bottom