Battery powered

Borovape?

I was incorrect from the pics I thought the holes at the end of the glass tube were in the tube that the heater was wrapped around! I guess a bakx is your heater without the pid control!🤔
I guess from the information your glass heater design is great and it is all glass.
I could never get an external coil on a glass tube to heat the inside of the tube or the herb consistently enough for convection so I went a completely different route. From what ive seen the bakx basically is your heater & vape method on a e cig battery! So your vape, the bak x, a ball vape with external coil and mine are 100% glass vaporizers that isolate the air and vapor paths from everything.

Borovape?,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
So your vape, the bak x, a ball vape with external coil and mine are 100% glass vaporizers that isolate the air and vapor paths from everything.
And the ones mentioned, and linked earlier in the thread too. There are plenty, but less are battery powered. The glass symphony is the pinnacle of isolated heaters imo. One could argue that any off gassing from a ball vape coil could be inhaled when the inlet is so close to the coil.

Definately interested in your unique heating method though. I'm looking forward to seeing it when you're comfortable posting the salient information.

Borovape?

And the ones mentioned, and linked earlier in the thread too. There are plenty, but less are battery powered. The glass symphony is the pinnacle of isolated heaters imo. One could argue that any off gassing from a ball vape coil could be inhaled when the inlet is so close to the coil.

Definately interested in your unique heating method though. I'm looking forward to seeing it when you're comfortable posting the salient information.
I totally agree about most ball vape coils. There at least not in the air path. Could contaminates from them offgassing get into the airpath? Absolutely unless the coil is encapsulated. The bak and dickies are all glass but the air entrance is between the stem and the chamber with the heating element on the outside. I think again its possible for offgassing of the heating element to get in the air entrance unless it was encapsulated.

Borovape?,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You'd have to have a very inefficient heater design to get the stainless steel sheath of an XLR coil to outgas.

If you touch a coil your hand oils will burn off, and you can watch that happening, but that's different from metal fume vapors.

The early InVerzion vaporizers had an extra long air intake to specifically avoid drawing in air near the coil, but in practice, that was just me being a bit overdramatic. The continuous runtime of a desktop all but ensures that even if any hypothetical surface level evaporation of a metallic compound was outgassing, the chances of that occurring while you're actually using the device would be monumentally miniscule.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Borovape?

You'd have to have a very inefficient heater design to get the stainless steel sheath of an XLR coil to outgas.

If you touch a coil your hand oils will burn off, and you can watch that happening, but that's different from metal fume vapors.

The early InVerzion vaporizers had an extra long air intake to specifically avoid drawing in air near the coil, but in practice, that was just me being a bit overdramatic. The continuous runtime of a desktop all but ensures that even if any surface level evaporation of a metallic compound was outgassing, the chances of that occurring while you're actually using the device would be monumentally miniscule.
The sheath most likely will never off gas. My preference for piece of mind and for flavor is that anything im vaporizing with be glass.
While I do agree that we are talking over dramatic 100% doesnt mean anything less!
Heating elements have faults, smoke on start up etc., over time they also break down and the material they are made from ends up somewhere!

Borovape?,

Borovape?

How many volts for how many amps for how long? :hmm:
It uses 5 volts 3-5 amps and would run for probably 45 min continuous. Im not sure “ how long” I havent kept it on long enough to know. But I use it for 10 min or less each time I turn it on and I get about 4 seshs with a 2.0. I can just use a bigger battery to extend the runtime if I needed it.

Borovape?,
Reactions: Fesob_31

Fesob_31

4 x 10 min sessions with a 20V - 2 Ah battery 🤯
It’s like one 18650 battery for each session.

Fesob_31,

Borovape?

4 x 10 min sessions with a 20V - 2 Ah battery 🤯
It’s like one 18650 battery for each session.
It does take alot of power to heat soak all the glass enough to completely vape a hit.! It is power hungry, a battery lasts me all day tho using it 4x a day. I can take 3-4 rips each time

Borovape?,
Top Bottom