Battery powered

Borovape?

Hi all, Theres many “dry herb”vaporizers out for sale in 2024. Theres conduction, convection, hybrid, some are made w plastic, metal, glass and also ceramic, theres ball vapes, portable, desktop, butane and electric! Im interested to hear your thoughts on what has the best vaporizer heating unit? I made what I believe to be the best one. It glass as a heating core. To my knowledge, and ive been into vaporizing for many years, no electric vaporizer currently or ever produced using glass parts can claim that It achieves 100% isolation of the air path and vapor path from its heating element and all other possible contaminates like: plastics, metals, wood, silicones, rubbers, thermoplastics, ceramics etc. anything that can offgas or somehow lead to contamination! Every vaporizer ive researched I always found to not be 100% isolated from something bad! The only other design ive seen achieve isolation is a ball vape. Correct me if im wrong! Please show me proof! The ball vape with external coil is the only other electric vaporizer that I believe can claim 100% isolation from the heating element and all possible contaminates. I have known this to be true for 15yrs if you can prove me wrong lmk!. I couldnt find what I wanted, which was a dhv thats heater made no compromises and only used glass so I made my own unique heating/mixing chamber out of glass. Because its just glass no contaminates are possible. Air travels inside it through inhalation and gets heated by the radiation of an electric heating element thats in a sealed off cavity. The heat is radiated through the chambers glass layers and in turn the air is heated. Air can only enter the unit from a small tube near the top called the inlet tube. Air is then heated by circulating inside and passing over hot glass from the isolated electric heating element. This glass unit can be used in any housing/shell/shape. It is powered by a small dc voltage. It is impossible for air or vapor to get contaminated in this design. This design should be standard for the ultimate in the safety of breathing electronically heated air, it should be medically approved for all dry herb vaporizers/breathing apparatuses! Lmk what you think! I have working desktop and portable versions using this heater and it works unbelievably well. *The heater core can be used in any design. Im looking for someone to collab with to get this glass electric portable convection dhv the exposure it deserves.-JR

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
There are many artisan vapes makers here on FC. If you have built a great unique vape, I'm sure many folks here will line up to be your customers.

Sharing details and photos will do a lot to excite people about your device. A video demonstration is also nice to have.

Can't wait to see what you built!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Idk how to share pics lmk?

They must be posted to an external site, then shared here with BB code or a link in line with text posted. Yes you'll see there are many other creators here who have had similar pursuits, who doesn't like purity and plenty of power? Good luck, welcome to FC!

Borovape?

Thanks, got the name of a site to use? Do you know of any vaporizer that claims to have a glass air and vaporpath? Or any that are 100% “possible contaminate” free?

Borovape?,

Borovape?

Ha funny I use postimg too and I tried It but it tells me w a message cant upload the photos. I tried imgbb too and it says the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Its 5 pics at once thats ok?

Image cannot be loaded from the past link?

Borovape?,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
There was one all glass electric vape that had a cartridge heater encapsulated in a test tube shaped glass piece. Balls around the test tube was the heat exchanger. The thread is a great read too.

There's also the BAKx and the DIY projects it inspired.

Shit Snacks

Thanks, got the name of a site to use? Do you know of any vaporizer that claims to have a glass air and vaporpath? Or any that are 100% “possible contaminate” free?

Yes there is a whole thread about posting images, that should have all the instructions you need? And I think you can just search for all glass vape on fuck combustion, people mentioned some above, but I know there were some others trying to make all glass ballers too, most didn't succeed too much

Shit Snacks,

Borovape?

There are many artisan vapes makers here on FC. If you have built a great unique vape, I'm sure many folks here will line up to be your customers.

Sharing details and photos will do a lot to excite people about your device. A video demonstration is also nice to have.

Yes there is a whole thread about posting images, that should have all the instructions you need? And I think you can just search for all glass vape on fuck combustion, people mentioned some above, but I know there were some others trying to make all glass ballers too, most didn't succeed too much
When I figure out how ill post pics! An all glass electric vaporizer with the functionality of a modern battery powered portable has been desired for a while.
People have came up with designs and some electric vaporizers have gotten close but none are all glass that achieve 100% isolation of the air and the vapor path from everything else.
Ball vapes, terpcicles and quartz caps isolate the air and vapor path but are all butane devices. “To my knowledge” nobodys figured out how to 100% isolate the air and the vapor path using glass to make an electric portable convection vaporizer.

Dyslexic as hell here
Please use paragraphs
Lmao oops I cant edit it now

Last edited:
Borovape?,
  • Haha
Reactions: DaVapeGuy

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
The Vaponic and it's successors (tasty tube, terpcicle, quartz cap, etc...)
And also the biovapo and analogs.

Not battery powered though
I've gotten the Vaponic to work with a metal sleeve on the outside using the Wand so I think this qualifies as all-glass airpath and battery powered.

I also think Ryan's new 5DT could be designed in such a way as to isolate the metal from the airpath. The 1MT is pure glass but uses a PID so not technically a battery and the Vaponic type vapes from The Rogue Wax Works are also pure glass but use PIDs/butane as well.

Check out this thread.

Last edited:

Borovape?

Can't wait to see what you

Shit Snacks

IMG-4061.jpg

If you open the images in a new tab, you can copy the URL, then insert it using the image tool (that post images site is littered with pop-up ads lol) looks like interesting work!

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
To my knowledge” nobodys figured out how to 100% isolate the air and the vapor path using glass to make an electric portable convection vaporizer.
my DIY vape, The Herbal Cube (project name was Bud Toaster) is an only glass air path vaporizer. Air path is completely isolated. It is battery powered but too cumbersome to be considered "portable" - i say "mobile" - all gear fits in a leather case which is easy to take out to the balcony for my morning meditation session.

The vape body is a 2"x2"x2" cherry cube. There is a PIC12F683 (35 pages of assembly code) to control the heater, using k-type thermocouple for temperature reading.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It's great to see some pictures @Borovape? but the folks here, me included, would like more information about the heater and the isolation please?

The two tubes visible up top looks like it's another vaponic style device? (Completely grasping at straws) I.e. a tube, heated by something on the exterior, with another tube inserted into the oven that holds the load. Is that correct or is it something else?

Borovape?

The unit works with custom “stem” style “mouthpieces” or with custom “wpa’s” with 14mm “bowls” What seperates this vaporizer from everything made so far is that this vaporizer is made with 100% glass and
its heating chamber 100% isolates its AIR and Vapor paths.

Its nothing but glass.

The heating assembly is custom and unique. Its a tube of glass with a 14mm female ground glass joint on one end, sealed on the other with a smaller tube mounted internally. The main tube has a tube also attached externally. The internal tube is for the electric heating element . The external is where the airpath begins. Air drawn in is heated only by coming in contact with hot glass while the element creating the heat remains 100% isolated from the air behind glass. This heating chamber is convection only, it creates even consistent heat and can be powered by a few volts and amps. Lmk whos interested and would buy it. I want to make it but not without a patent as I feel alot can evolve from this design and the accessories to go with it!

Borovape?,

Borovape?

my DIY vape, The Herbal Cube (project name was Bud Toaster) is an only glass air path vaporizer. Air path is completely isolated. It is battery powered but too cumbersome to be considered "portable" - i say "mobile" - all gear fits in a leather case which is easy to take out to the balcony for my morning meditation session.

The vape body is a 2"x2"x2" cherry cube. There is a PIC12F683 (35 pages of assembly code) to control the heater, using k-type thermocouple for temperature reading.
Hi Dickie, the vaporizer you made is very nice. The inlet air is at the bottom of the vial though which is directly above and in the same environment as the electronics and the same air space as the heating element. It def is 100% glass, I wouldnt say it has a contaminate free air and vapor path.

Borovape?,

Radwin Bodnic

The inlet air is at the bottom of the vial though which is directly above and in the same environment as the electronics and the same air space as the heating element.
Not really. The air intake is at the top of the outer test tube, where you insert the stem.
Just like a Vaponic.
Couldn't be further from the electronics.

picture.php

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Hi Dickie, the vaporizer you made is very nice. The inlet air is at the bottom of the vial though which is directly above and in the same environment as the electronics and the same air space as the heating element. It def is 100% glass, I wouldnt say it has a contaminate free air and vapor path.
as Radwin shows with that diagram, the air flow is contaminate free - definitely not in the same environment as the electronics and not passing across the heating ribbon. the vial is inside the oven tube and isolated from the vape interior.

Borovape?

as Radwin shows with that diagram, the air flow is contaminate free - definitely not in the same environment as the electronics and not passing across the heating ribbon. the vial is inside the oven tube and isolated from the vape interior.
I was incorrect from the pics I thought the holes at the end of the glass tube were in the tube that the heater was wrapped around! I guess a bakx is your heater without the pid control!🤔

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
the pid control turned out to be very straight forward - once i found the MAX6675. i had tried a PWM controller i got on eBay but it used a potentiometer to control the setpoint. not only did the 3A current burn through the desired setting, but i couldn't provide enough mass to hold heat throughout a draw - a constant current can't deal with the cooling of the inhale. computer control for the win. plus LiFePO4 batteries able to deliver 70A current.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: simba
Top Bottom