**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

coolbreeze

Here's a great, great option (thanks, @Radwin Bodnic) for people who want the power and other advantages of a wireless ball vape without the requirement of a big load: the electric 18mm Killer, a microdosing wirelesss ballvape:
IMG-6121.jpg

Relatively simple, lower-cost setup requires a 25mm axial coil (the Cobra's great because it's its own stand), PID, 14mm-18mm male adapter with basket, EMK, and lab clamp. Set a DC PID at about 480f and enjoy the flavorful clouds micro-dose style.

OriginalFace

Here's a great, great option (thanks, @Radwin Bodnic) for people who want the power and other advantages of a wireless ball vape without the requirement of a big load: the electric 18mm Killer, a microdosing wirelesss ballvape:
IMG-6121.jpg

Relatively simple, lower-cost setup requires a 25mm axial coil (the Cobra's great because it's its own stand), PID, 14mm-18mm male adapter with basket, EMK, and lab clamp. Set a DC PID at about 480f and enjoy the flavorful clouds micro-dose style.
Love it. Anyone with a PID just needs a gooseneck axial coil and probably owns the adapter n bits, great idea.

Shame it's so dificult to get the 18mm killer in the UK.

Marcus

Nice set up!

I'm completely hooked to the SSV ball upgrade.

Since purchase I've tried the B1 again but it just gets put down and I flick on the SSV.

So satisfying.
I can give it a heavy rip for 5 seconds, clear the bong and turn into a cloud or I can slowly sip and get good flavour bongless.

I'm hitting the elev8r this evening, but am about to flick the SSV on... It is just foolproof. (and I've had enough of counting to 30 with the plumber's torch!) :lol:

minasch

My daily driver is a tko right now. I'm really happy with it, it's a great device and very well made.

Then I saw the taroma 360, which I found very interesting because of the conduction and the more of a couch log high. Today I discovered the screwball which seems to be very interesting too (and cheaper). I would like to know if these vapes will be a big upgrade from a tko regarding the high and performance.

Has someone experience with all three of the vapes? I am also interested to hear how the screwball and taroma 360 compare.

Blargas541

Has anybody out there tried wireless ball vapes and could compare models?

I'm trying to decide between the terp ready terp hammer, the cannabis hardware zenleaf, building my own setup with a cobra coil, or some model of coiled ball vape from CH like the b1 or f16.

One thing that's stopping me from getting the zenleaf or terp ready systems is that they're 25mm and all my bangers are 30mm. Are there any 30mm wireless ball vapes?

Do the wireless ball vapes work well or is it a gimmick/ not enough heat? I usually vape two bowls per session.

Anyone who's tried several models care to share their preference?

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I'm trying to decide between the terp ready terp hammer, the cannabis hardware zenleaf, building my own setup with a cobra coil, or some model of coiled ball vape from CH like the b1 or f16.

Do the wireless ball vapes work well or is it a gimmick/ not enough heat?

Cloud Connoisseur Omega. It's awesome and works amazingly, it's inexpensive, it come with 3 nozzles (22mm, 18mm and 14mm) and it can be coiled if you'd prefer. You'd need the base or the parts to assemble your own.

I've also had really good luck microdosing with the Cobra coil and a @GoodVibesBoro Eighteen Millimeter Killer.

LordKahel

One thing that's stopping me from getting the zenleaf or terp ready systems is that they're 25mm and all my bangers are 30mm. Are there any 30mm wireless ball vapes?

Do the wireless ball vapes work well or is it a gimmick/ not enough heat? I usually vape two bowls per session.

I have both the Terp-Hammer and the Zenleaf Bliss with a Mary Wireless Diffuser. I also have a B1 and B2 on the wired side of things. There is no performance issues in my opinion with both wireless options. They both work really well and give very nice hits. But i find the Zenleaf with the Mary much better then the terp-hammer/Dab-Ready. The zenleaf is a solid bloc of aluminum , Dab-Ready is a plastic tower that feels cheap (but it does the job). I am also a big fan of diffuser VS injector , so the Mary is my go to wireless. You don't need to stir with the Mary , the terp-hammer is more uneven because it an injector.
The zenleaf feels very premium and i love it . I don't use my terp-hammer now that i have the zenleaf.
Let me know if you have any questions,

add1noob

Can anyone with a titanium and zirconia ball vape comment on the differences in taste and efficiency? I’m thinking about adding the screwball to my collection, but I already have the ZXL pre-ordered. I honestly don’t mind having both.

coolbreeze

Can anyone with a titanium and zirconia ball vape comment on the differences in taste and efficiency? I’m thinking about adding the screwball to my collection, but I already have the ZXL pre-ordered. I honestly don’t mind having both.
I think you'd have a hard time comparing the materials since they're fairly different configs. Obviously haven't tried the ZXL yet, but the other Zs produce amazing flavors, mostly I think because of their efficient design, though I'm sure the Zi helps. The screwball is a different animal but it too can do great flavor, especially in low-temp sessions. I feel that the new half-bowl setting will make real lower-temp single-hit roasts very flavorful, too.

If you don't have a sensitivity to Ti you'd probably enjoy the SB a lot, but as a roaster it skews toward power.

add1noob

I think you'd have a hard time comparing the materials since they're fairly different configs. Obviously haven't tried the ZXL yet, but the other Zs produce amazing flavors, mostly I think because of their efficient design, though I'm sure the Zi helps. The screwball is a different animal but it too can do great flavor, especially in low-temp sessions. I feel that the new half-bowl setting will make real lower-temp single-hit roasts very flavorful, too.

If you don't have a sensitivity to Ti you'd probably enjoy the SB a lot, but as a roaster it skews toward power.
Looks like I’ll have to get both to experiment.

Blargas541

After a bunch of deliberation I think I'll go with the tiodw pro. It seems to be very similar to the competitors wireless ball vapes (I was mainly looking at terp hammer and zenleaf) for a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone tried the tiodw heat stand (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005450077916.html)? It's pretty pricy, I only want to get it if its very sturdy. I also wonder if the center post can be raised. I'd like to use the coil for bangers as well and ideally it'll be raised enough to lift a banger off the coil using my rig. I don't like the sound of holding a hot banger in my bare hands by the joint. Most coil heater units seem to have the coil right at base level which doesn't allow for this process unless the entire device is propped up. Seems to be one benefit of the dab ready's form factor compared to zenleaf controllers.

If anyone has other tiodw related suggestions before I put in my order, please let me know. I'm not sure if I should get the ti bowl or if glass is sufficient.

cvs8floz

I much prefer the wired ones, except when sharing (nice to be able to pass a bong around without that wire!). Too much heat loss after the first hit and you need to increase your temps in general. You also go from hot to cold instead of the reverse. I leave the head on the bowl for the entire session and normally get 3-4 hits. It works much better if you are only going for 1-2 hits and don't leave the head on the bowl.

cvs8floz

@cvs8floz , curious if you tried the cannabis hardware wireless heads? Was thinking about purchasing during BF
I have only tried the Omega but must admit that the new CH units look great if you have the space. You are still going from hot to cold regardless of the setup.

cvs8floz,
Reactions: mixchu69

coolbreeze

It works much better if you are only going for 1-2 hits and don't leave the head on the bowl.
If your usage is more along these lines they're great. I have an Omega set that I've never noticed cool down in use nor does it seem to require much recharge (It's got a big reservoir). It's always ready to go when I am. In terms of it needing to run higher, that's probably generally true but that does not mean that the head is any hotter, just that the temp has to be set a bit higher to get the head to the temp you want. So if you're currently doing low-temp flavor hits, you will still be doing low-temp flavor hits, but your PID will be set at a higher temp.

Otoh, I also have been playing with a GVB 18mm Killer in an axial coil with an extremely loose fit and higher temp that heats and cools rapidly. I can get two decent hits with it as it cools, but it reheats rapidly enough that it's just a minute or two till it's back to temp.

Varden

Yesterday I received my first ball vape, wireless. It took a while to find the right temperature. For a moment I thought it was not working. Then wow.

I was with two friends, and we got highly baked. A third friend arrived later and found us laughing stupidly at nothing. I have never tried a vape that got you that high.

Honestly, the only thing that worries me now is abusing it and increasing my tolerance too much. The ball vape will clearly be for special occasions only. I want to test more, play with the temperature range, etc... But after the first time use, highly impressed. Ball vapes are no joke.

coolbreeze

Honestly, the only thing that worries me now is abusing it and increasing my tolerance too much. The ball vape will clearly be for special occasions only. I want to test more, play with the temperature range, etc... But after the first time use, highly impressed. Ball vapes are no joke.
Depending on what you have, you may be able to microdose with it or do one hitters. Much easier to control your intake if you can get your vape to work with small amounts. The hit can still be powerful even with a tiny am't, and you'd get the other benefits: heady high, excellent flavor, immediate impact, etc. Then you just have to worry that it's so fun to use you do back-to-back one-hitters all afternoon! ; )

Efori

After a bunch of deliberation I think I'll go with the tiodw pro. It seems to be very similar to the competitors wireless ball vapes (I was mainly looking at terp hammer and zenleaf) for a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone tried the tiodw heat stand (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005450077916.html)? It's pretty pricy, I only want to get it if its very sturdy. I also wonder if the center post can be raised. I'd like to use the coil for bangers as well and ideally it'll be raised enough to lift a banger off the coil using my rig. I don't like the sound of holding a hot banger in my bare hands by the joint. Most coil heater units seem to have the coil right at base level which doesn't allow for this process unless the entire device is propped up. Seems to be one benefit of the dab ready's form factor compared to zenleaf controllers.

If anyone has other tiodw related suggestions before I put in my order, please let me know. I'm not sure if I should get the ti bowl or if glass is sufficient.
Tiodw Plus, which is very similar to the Taroma 360.

Varden

How much of an improvement would you its hybrid heating is vs tiodw mini v2 with the ti shovel head?
Tiodw has now two wireless options, an injector and a diffuser, in case you are interested. The diffuser is the wireless equivalent of the Tiodw Plus.

IMO, hybrid heating is always a downgrade from convection.

Varden,
Reactions: simba

korv218

Tiodw has now two wireless options, an injector and a diffuser, in case you are interested. The diffuser is the wireless equivalent of the Tiodw Plus.

IMO, hybrid heating is always a downgrade from convection.
Just curious if it’s a downgrade then what’s with all the hype about Taroma 360? That one is hybrid heating too

Yamilupo

Quick question, has anyone used the TIODW pro mini with a 25mm axial coil instead of 20mm? Also does anyone know of someone that could 3d print a housing to hold both the coil and PID? Thank you!

Yamilupo,

LordKahel

Just curious if it’s a downgrade then what’s with all the hype about Taroma 360? That one is hybrid heating too

Yeah kinda surprise by that comment . I never felt that Hybrid was a downgrade , just another option with pros and cons. The Taroma 360 shows many of the great thing you can do with some hybrid heating. Especially pre-heating the Ti Bowl before putting in the weed and then waiting just a few second before taking the hit. It gives a great hit.

jkeyes98

Quick question, has anyone used the TIODW pro mini with a 25mm axial coil instead of 20mm? Also does anyone know of someone that could 3d print a housing to hold both the coil and PID? Thank you!
I don't think the Tiodw Pro mini would fit very well into a 25mm axial, my omega doesn't fit nicely into the 25mm axial. If you want a 3d printed housing, dm me I'd be happy to print one for you.

here is an example of one I printed.

Top Bottom