**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

Oden

I disagree but everyone should set their own comfortable price point

If you want to see adoption sir, it's not with a price of 500 dollars the vaporizer, that it will happen one day lol
life and weed is already expensive enough as it is 🤡

Last edited:
Oden,

howie105

Many folks want a vape to be as close to perfect as possible, some folks find what they want by sorting through the herd till they find what works. Others go with what seems right at the time and then bang it into what they want. Both are solid approaches as long as the user is happy.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Many folks want a vape to be as close to perfect as possible, some folks find what they want by sorting through the herd till they find what works. Others go with what seems right at the time and then bang it into what they want. Both are solid approaches as long as the user is happy.
I've been trying to try all the ones I can afford, I love that most people have multiple ball vapes when they end up getting into them, people experienceing the difference in units will push innovation as well as people may want a device that hits like 2 of their favorite units

@Oden i agree with what you said about innovation

Mod please delete my other post

mod note: deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
tinctorus,
Reactions: felvapes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
If you want to see adoption sir, it's not with a price of 500 dollars the vaporizer, that it will happen one day lol
life and weed is already expensive enough as it is 🤡
I don't care about adoption but I think makers should set the price that they can earn a living with. I think the TM, CL, and Toad are very fairly priced for what they deliver.

In fact, none of my favorite vapes are below your $200 price point.

I guess I am a clown :shrug:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

i bought the same pid, how does it look to you, does it work well?
I'm very happy with it! Works exactly as expected. Bought it with a 20mm coil in the set, I tested it and that went well. The ballhead i initially got it for is still on its way though, so over the past couple of weeks I've been using it with a 16mm coil I got from another seller for my SX that I received in the meantime, it's been working great. Only longevity could turn out disappointing, but getting something by 710coils to EU is quite the investment so going the budget route was a no brainer for me.

They're fine, it's the same as the qaroma one or mini nail, they're all pretty much the same

I'm not sure this is the case. They use the same encasement and often the same display, but internals might vary, build quality as well, and QC might be better for companies like Qaroma.

felvapes

I have 3 aubers, a dual AliExpress PID and a jcvap touchscreen PID
They all work well
The qshop stuff is all the same Chinese stuff you get in china
In fact Auber stuff is from china
I've seen diy pids that bash the ones we buy
Build quality - same cases.... Open up a china PID and all your others - I have
Same same to me
Auber even told me what parts and chips to buy to self repair
It's all the same stuff
Jcvap have adaptor cords now so you can use any coil and PID combination (besides high 5 unique one)
This is what we should always have had option to

The making money extremely long posts are laughable
Competition creates better things is capitalisms big spiel
But when companies start bringing competition capitalism wants to corner markets become oligarchies and over charge
Pick your ethics lol
China is just out capitalising others - and forcing others to do the same
Now American and western companies are following suit - whether from good morals or being forced to - it's the footholds of capitalism and competition

Any drug dealer will tell you moving more product for less is more profitable than selling less product for more
And that's how new business come in and start - and the gangs with more muscle at times stand over to corner a market and charge what they want for whatever product they want as there is less choice to the customers

If a manufacturer is a TRUE artisan and makes stuff that is quality, unique and time consuming they can and will charge more and they will make a business and profit still
Most of this stuff is not artisan or that skillful getting sold though
So let's not push that shit
And most stuff does absolutely not make a $60 profit
Please don't try to convince of that utter tripe
I know the cost of most of these products and what they are sold for
That was the whole start of the yarn that people are proving they can make an honest living and profit without ripping everyone off overcharging
Every single one who has been opposed to things improving for the actual community and not the back pocket of some has ignored the SS vs Ti heads being sold at the same price
Because you guys aren't focusing on the the hypocrisy

And ballers - ballers - do NOT cost anywhere near what they have been selling them for
The profit margin is BS
I talk to machinists and manufacturers who don't lie
A grinder has more material and has more intricate manufacturering and machining to make
Yet they cost a lot less than most ballers - and people complain about the cost of a grinder - so why are we being duped around the price of these devices
And don't get me started on the scoop selling game - wtaf - no one here is going to be able to convince me or anyone with half a brain that $40usd for a spoon is ethical - let alone $200usd

The hypotheticals and marketing speeches don't work when you have all that information
And lastly
EVERYONE for years had given me BS excuses and arguments about R&D being most of the cost in vapes where they over charge us for years
Well with ballers - most of that R&D is being done by diy people as much as manufacturers like mentioned earlier
So time to stop with the crap and make the seller/buyer relationship more mutually beneficial and work together and be honest and less abusive like a gaslighting domestic violence relationship

Last edited:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I'm very happy with it! Works exactly as expected. Bought it with a 20mm coil in the set, I tested it and that went well. The ballhead i initially got it for is still on its way though, so over the past couple of weeks I've been using it with a 16mm coil I got from another seller for my SX that I received in the meantime, it's been working great. Only longevity could turn out disappointing, but getting something by 710coils to EU is quite the investment so going the budget route was a no brainer for me.

I'm not sure this is the case. They use the same encasement and often the same display, but internals might vary, build quality as well, and QC might be better for companies like Qaroma.
B2cvape sells the qaroma pids, I have the dual from them

Oden

Agreed

Please delete this post
Who are you to tell me that?

En fait, aucun de mes vapos préférés n'est en dessous de votre prix de 200 $.
My TKO with the custom coil destroys everything in its path. It only cost me 170 dollars with the custom coil lol.
SX even less, and both definitely extinguished my TM2 that I sold.
Toad is a work of art. And worth its price for sure.
But in my opinion it is not worth a TM2, let alone a BAK in terms of performance. If I had it I would be happy, but most of the time it would be useless to me.
It's just my opinion, yours is different, nothing wrong with that.

I could put over $200 on a dry herb vaporizer, and I've done that every time I bought a new vaporizer since I started.
But my last two acquisitions my prove that it was not necessary lol.
Will also depend on the novelties that will arrive later to update my range.

At the moment only a complete dabbing equipment interests me and which is more than 200$

Oden,

felvapes

My TKO with the custom coil destroys everything in its path. It only cost me 170 dollars with the custom coil lol.
But in my opinion it is not worth a TM2, let alone a BAK in terms of performance. If I had it I would be happy, but most of the time it would be useless to me.

I could put over $200 on a dry herb vaporizer, and I've done that every time I bought a new vaporizer since I started.

At the moment only a complete dabbing equipment interests me and which is more than 200$
I believe it was directed towards a mod....
He asks them to delete it in the next post
Just to clear up confusion - too often people mistake other words in here
And much too often they do it on purpose to create drama and play willful ignorance or they don't get an obvious point

In this case I think I can tell it wasn't directed at you, he apologises to you in fact in the post asking the mods to delete it

Im not having a go at you, I'm just trying to de escalate a situation before it started if this was a case of misinterpretation
A lot of people do take sly digs though and have multiple sock puppet accounts, it can be hard to tell if someone is being genuine in here at times for sure

felvapes,
Reactions: Oden

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

I actually wasn't telling you that 😂😂😂I was telling the mod to delete my post as it was a double

Oden

I believe it was directed towards a mod....
He asks them to delete it in the next post
And much too often they do it on purpose to create drama and play willful ignorance or they don't get an obvious point

In this case I think I can tell it wasn't directed at you, he apologises to you in fact in the post asking the mods to delete it

Im not having a go at you, I'm just trying to de escalate a situation before it started if this was a case of misinterpretation
A lot of people do take sly digs though and have multiple sock puppet accounts, it can be hard to tell if someone is being genuine in here at times for sure
Ok I apologize too.
It's a simple misunderstanding

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I haven't noticed this myself. The rare drama I've seen was based on subject matter, not semantics. But that difference in perception might be caused by frequenting different threads.

I think it's good to keep in mind this is an international forum. If the nuances of written communication can get lost on native speakers, it will be even harder for most non native speakers to catch every detail as intended by the one they're replying to.

It's against forum rules to use multiple accounts. If you report them, moderation can look into this and fix things where necessary.

(I think it's possible to circumvent this from showing, but recently there was an instance where a user got caught with multiple accounts, so not everyone will be taking that effort.)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have 3 aubers, a dual AliExpress PID and a jcvap touchscreen PID
They all work well
The qshop stuff is all the same Chinese stuff you get in china
In fact Auber stuff is from china
I've seen diy pids that bash the ones we buy
Build quality - same cases.... Open up a china PID and all your others - I have
Same same to me
Auber even told me what parts and chips to buy to self repair
It's all the same stuff
Jcvap have adaptor cords now so you can use any coil and PID combination (besides high 5 unique one)
This is what we should always have had option to

The making money extremely long posts are laughable
Competition creates better things is capitalisms big spiel
But when companies start bringing competition capitalism wants to corner markets become oligarchies and over charge
Pick your ethics lol
China is just out capitalising others - and forcing others to do the same
Now American and western companies are following suit - whether from good morals or being forced to - it's the footholds of capitalism and competition

Any drug dealer will tell you moving more product for less is more profitable than selling less product for more
And that's how new business come in and start - and the gangs with more muscle at times stand over to corner a market and charge what they want for whatever product they want as there is less choice to the customers

If a manufacturer is a TRUE artisan and makes stuff that is quality, unique and time consuming they can and will charge more and they will make a business and profit still
Most of this stuff is not artisan or that skillful getting sold though
So let's not push that shit
And most stuff does absolutely not make a $60 profit
Please don't try to convince of that utter tripe
I know the cost of most of these products and what they are sold for
That was the whole start of the yarn that people are proving they can make an honest living and profit without ripping everyone off overcharging
Every single one who has been opposed to things improving for the actual community and not the back pocket of some has ignored the SS vs Ti heads being sold at the same price
Because you guys aren't focusing on the the hypocrisy

And ballers - ballers - do NOT cost anywhere near what they have been selling them for
The profit margin is BS
I talk to machinists and manufacturers who don't lie
A grinder has more material and has more intricate manufacturering and machining to make
Yet they cost a lot less than most ballers - and people complain about the cost of a grinder - so why are we being duped around the price of these devices
And don't get me started on the scoop selling game - wtaf - no one here is going to be able to convince me or anyone with half a brain that $40usd for a spoon is ethical - let alone $200usd

The hypotheticals and marketing speeches don't work when you have all that information
And lastly
EVERYONE for years had given me BS excuses and arguments about R&D being most of the cost in vapes where they over charge us for years
Well with ballers - most of that R&D is being done by diy people as much as manufacturers like mentioned earlier
So time to stop with the crap and make the seller/buyer relationship more mutually beneficial and work together and be honest and less abusive like a gaslighting domestic violence relationship

First, this post is mostly off-topic. Please stick to discussing ball vapes.

Second, a lot of the tone of this post is disrespectful to other posters. Do not call other posts "laughable" or "shit" or "tripe". If you can't respect other people's opinions. please keep it to yourself. Thanks for your cooperation.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
First, this post is mostly off-topic. Please stick to discussing ball vapes.

Second, a lot of the tone of this post is disrespectful to other posters. Do not call other posts "laughable" or "shit" or "tripe". If you can't respect other people's opinions. please keep it to yourself. Thanks for your cooperation.
Aren't pids a big part of a ball vape setup?

tinctorus,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Aren't pids a big part of a ball vape setup?

What if they are? Is it your contention that his post was mostly about pids? Rhetorical question, do not answer. It's not.

I'll just remind you:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.

pakalolo,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Just to be clear, I don't think you have to spend over $200 on a good vaporizer. The Heat Island and GTR are examples of great vapes that come in well below that including accessories.

I just think that price point excludes many devices that I still consider a good value. That $170 for the TKO is misleading. You still need a custom bowl and a compatible PID. I think that will usually put you over another $30. If you buy from OWW it will be another $190.

Oden

Just to be clear, I don't think you have to spend over $200 on a good vaporizer. The Heat Island and GTR are examples of great vapes that come in well below that including accessories.

I just think that price point excludes many devices that I still consider a good value. That $170 for the TKO is misleading. You still need a custom bowl and a compatible PID. I think that will usually put you over another $30. If you buy from OWW it will be another $190.
Yes, but TKO is compatible with the majority of bowls in reality.
Simple 18 mm glass adapters make excellent bowls!
Those who absolutely want a hands-free experience will take the Infinity bowl, or the 18mm adapter.
I prefer TKO without the 18 adapter and with those cheap bowls.
That's why I'm recommending it to anyone interested in TKO in this thread.
Finally it's cheap lol.
The pid I already had personally, for new users yes it will be necessary to pay more money.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The pid I already had personally, for new users yes it will be necessary to pay more money.
This is why I feel like the $200 price point is arbitrary. I think people should choose to pay what they are comfortable with, but it is true that good vapes can cost most than $200. For example your favorite, the TKO.

coolbreeze

This is why I feel like the $200 price point is arbitrary. I think people should choose to pay what they are comfortable with, but it is true that good vapes can cost most than $200. For example your favorite, the TKO.
Or the Vapman Station, or the Vapbong, or the SSV, or the Element Home vape, or the Couch Log, or the Prrl Neo/TS, the Anvil, the Herborizer, the B0 setup, the Omni, the Atlas...all $200+ vapes, all very different. I suppose we all have opinions on whether any or all of these are worth their price, but ultimately that's a personal decision. I think the truth of the matter is that not many of us have real insight into the economics of bringing artisan vapes to the market, but it must vary considerably depending on the specifics.

Oden

Yes you are right about that indeed.
Complementary items from OWW can really boost the rating for a TKO. It quickly becomes excessively expensive lol.
But if you choose only the TKO with custom coil and simple 18mm glass adapter and the 3D printed TKO pid handle it's cheap.
As a stand for the TKO head I bought a very nice glass ashtray that does a great job of holding it up.
3 bucks lol.
The ruby I buy them elsewhere than on the OWW site for a fraction of the price.

This setup is enough to take full advantage of one of the best vaporizers on the market.

Oden,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Yes you are right about that indeed.
Complementary items from OWW can really boost the rating for a TKO. It quickly becomes excessively expensive lol.
But if you choose only the TKO with custom coil and simple 18mm glass adapter and the 3D printed TKO pid handle it's cheap.
As a stand for the TKO head I bought a very nice glass ashtray that does a great job of holding it up.
3 bucks lol.
The ruby I buy them elsewhere than on the OWW site for a fraction of the price.

This setup is enough to take full advantage of one of the best va00porizers on the market.

I've been using a stainless steel barb fitting, I was thinking of mounting it on the housing of the 4 channel pid with a heat break

GratefulDread

New titanium bowl for the Tiodw XL from b2cvape. 14mm 18mm
S61d3eeecac3849e59f095f247ef43431p.jpg

350ro87

I wonder how many people are just voting for the one they own without even trying any others lol.

I have a quaroma xl which works brilliant but I will say the XL head is overkill and imo a bit gimmicky. The og xl bowl is also mega deep so the heat source is far from the bud and u have to crank it up high! With the multibowl it works alot better but in hindsight I'd have gone for quaroma original or taroma lite

Top Bottom