**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

coolbreeze

Does the Tempest count as a ball vape, or does it's form factor sort of preclude it from this thread?
Or the 18mm Killer, or VHB Slide? Quartz Thunderbolt? The Thunderbolt 202 is powered, so it must count.

Everything else fits a similar profile: electric power; heater head gravity-fit on bowl; perpendicular handle arrangement; remains at ready.

On the other hand, these too use balls to hold and release heat to accomplish roasting. Seems like a reasonable definition of 'ball vape.'

coolbreeze,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Early in the thread this kind of thing was discussed. I think all vapes with Boro/ruby/whatever spheres are fair game. But I, for myself, would say the balls have to be for heating. Not to even out the heat like the Highlighter or Angus, but as the heat source to produce vapor. For example the FP B-series uses the coil to heat the metal around the balls, and the heated rubies have air pass through them to produce vapor.

Anyway, I say bring it. I think the Tempest and TA count.

Last edited:

TheBeefiest

It should fit over the B2CVape Ti adjustable bowl, the mini2 dropped a couple days after I ordered the OG mini...next time.
Same for me, happy with the OG mini so far. Considering a trio with the new 22mm diffuser bowls now since I already have some 29mm bowls knocking around.

TheBeefiest,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Or the 18mm Killer, or VHB Slide? Quartz Thunderbolt? The Thunderbolt 202 is powered, so it must count.

Everything else fits a similar profile: electric power; heater head gravity-fit on bowl; perpendicular handle arrangement; remains at ready.

On the other hand, these too use balls to hold and release heat to accomplish roasting. Seems like a reasonable definition of 'ball vape.'

Early in the thread this kind of thing was discussed. I think all vapes with Boro/ruby/whatever spheres are fair game. But I, for myself, would say the balls have to be for heating. Not to even out the heat like the Highlighter or Angus, but as the heat source to produce vapor. For example the FP B-series uses the coil to heat the metal around the balls, and the heated rubies have air pass through them to produce vapor.

Anyway, I say bring it. I think the Tempest and TA count.

Yeah. Just like other vapes...as the ball-trend expands, then the field should probably separate/split into both desktop ball vapes and portable ball vapes categories.

Newbie. Using a vmax pro to vape and just not cutting it. I’d like to step into this world and try a ball vape. I have nothing, so I’ll be looking for the full kit and glass. Trying to get in at the best value price as I dip my toe.

So spending way too many hours going through threads…, YouTube, reviews etc. here’s a list I’ve come up with that seem to have a low entry cost. Which would you select ?

A. TiTi - DiY Inspired Injector Heavy Bundle Curated by VG $224.00
B. B0 (B Zero) Injector Heavy Bundle Curated by VGoodiEZ$260.00
C. ZX Zirconia Ceramic 110V Plug-&-Play Kit $300.00
D. Zeal kit ? Cost
E. Vapvana E-Vap Early Adopters Kit $199. Says ships in June. Anybody seen them or got any update

and what is a good basic glass. I was thinking this one
Mega globe mk2 $72

thanks everyone.
Ok went with option D. Got the kit and glass from cloudconnoisseur. Great guy and great products.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Why aren't the 14 mm ball vapes attracting enough people like the 18 or 22 mm ones?
I think there are a few overlapping reasons. I love my 14mm injectors (SX, ZX, and CouchLog). It's a nice size for flavor and efficiency.

I think a lot of people pick ball vapes to get the strongest hit possible. People have various reasons for this, but I don't think people selecting a ball vape for this reason will take a chance on a smaller bowl.

Another factor is that I think they are popular but there is a giant number of coil ball vapes out there. Some folks pick a manufacturer or seller near them, so people go with the most popular brand, etc. Also I think most people who use ball vapes that aren't on FC don't even know they exist.

I think most people buy only one coil-driven vape so they get either the cheapest or most available one. Or the one they have seen most often.

The ball vape market is definitely oversaturated, which I think is the largest factor.

coolbreeze

Why aren't the 14 mm ball vapes attracting enough people like the 18 or 22 mm ones?
Because they are 14mm
I think the perception is that they would not be powerful enough or that the load is too small? But they are plenty powerful and the load need not be small. This is .25g or so in the P3 bowl and the Couch Log bowl:
IMG-4853.jpg
IMG-4855.jpg

And there's power in reserve. The Zs can roast loads over 2" away at its normal temps:
IMG-3029.jpg

And it handles regular or modest size hits (.05) amazingly well.

The Couch Log is a similar story; it's a ballvape in a log and hits big and hard, or it microdoses with ease.

I find them more versatile, more suitable for daily use.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

How many copycats do we actually need?

Sheesh. It’s turning me off of them honestly.
That'll shake out, but I wouldn't discourage it: the last ball vape I bought was an initial offering that I did not think would be anything special but it unexpectedly turned out to be something else, and it looks like others feel the same. We don't have to rely on the big players to lead innovation is where we're at, currently.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How many copycats do we actually need?

Sheesh. It’s turning me off of them honestly.
I don't know how many are copycats. I think that it's been a process of tweaks on a design. I don't think anyone has a claim on the original ball vape because where are now is pretty different from say the Glass Symphony. I also see that most of the new ideas and tweaks come from the community and then get imported back to the bigger manufacturers and so on.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I think a lot of people pick ball vapes to get the strongest hit possible. People have various reasons for this, but I don't think people selecting a ball vape for this reason will take a chance on a smaller bowl.

Except there are larger bowl options (@VGOODIEZ V3 XL, SBL Bowl, Dfreeze, etc.), and when paired with one the ZX absolutely rips, and I run it at 404-412, 100+ degrees lower than the 18mm options I have. I know I’m not telling you anything you don’t know, just don’t understand why anyone is discounting these.

Fat rips @412:

nicknobody

I don't know how many are copycats. I think that it's been a process of tweaks on a design. I don't think anyone has a claim on the original ball vape because where are now is pretty different from say the Glass Symphony. I also see that most of the new ideas and tweaks come from the community and then get imported back to the bigger manufacturers and so on.
Were beyond improvement tweaks and are in the copycats realm imo.

Sure, internally og companies are tweaking their products but everyone else is copying and jumping on a trend

nicknobody,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Sure, internally og companies are tweaking their products but everyone else is copying and jumping on a trend
I am seeing the opposite. The community is coming up with new ideas. Everything that CH has done lately was adapted from existing community changes. Balls, the B0, the new F series.

nicknobody

I am seeing the opposite. The community is coming up with new ideas. Everything that CH has done lately was adapted from existing community changes. Balls, the B0, the new F series.
All I see are the same coils, balls, injectors, and diffusers everywhere. Or the slightest variation that ppl are claiming as original?

I’m obviously not talking the super unique like the CouchLog

nicknobody,

Sativapo

I personnaly chose a 14mm vape as my first and probably only one. And I don't regret it.I grow but do it only once a year in a limited space. So saving weed counts. 2 bowls are enough to get me ripped for a few hours and you have more tasty hits with 2 0.1 bowls than a 0.3 single one imo.

nicknobody

I'm curious who you think are the OGs in this space and who are the copycats.
Og for me is vaporbrothers

Am I missing something here? Does someone have a coil baller powered by a pid that is significantly better than another?

nicknobody,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Og for me is vaporbrothers
Sorry I meant, who is the OG ball vape and who are the copycats?

Am I missing something here? Does someone have a coil baller powered by a pid that is significantly better than another?

I do think that the current gen are close enough to each other, of those I tried, that you don't have to have multiple. To me that is a far cry from everyone is a copycat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom