Bakx or venty

btka

I thinking of buying one of those, today is drop for bakx…
And a I have an anvil I am very happy with and will buy a tempest by mad heaters…
In past I had a crafty but I was not very happy, I did not like the taste and the clouds was not so big. I am searching an easy vape which I can fill and lay back and relax while vaping… I wanted to try long time the bakx… maybe someone have both and can compare them (taste, cloud size and so on)…

Thanks!

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
And a I have an anvil I am very happy with and will buy a tempest by mad heaters…
In past I had a crafty but I was not very happy, I did not like the taste and the clouds was not so big. I am searching an easy vape which I can fill and lay back and relax while vaping… I wanted to try long time the bakx… maybe someone have both and can compare them (taste, cloud size and so on)…

Thanks!
I am in the same boat and train of thought currently. Anvil enthusiast and a minimalist when it comes to vapes of late, but have an innate curiosity with this vape. Would welcome other bakx owners thoughts. Thanks!

GoldenBud

I used my BAKx only with around 15gr and the Anvil only with ~1gr max (I stopped vaporizing as you know). but I think BAKx is like Anvil more powerful and better taste. 100% or almost 100% conduction. very clean, tasty, powerful than Anvil imho in a bit (BAKx 230C with thermometer, Anvil with the max heat possible RTL) . but conduction. glass conduction.

the TP80 was my overall favorite tho from my collection (TP80, TM, TM1.5, Lotus, UD SC3+, Mi3, Dyna, Splinter V2, HI, VaporGenie, iHeat 510, Vaponic, BAKx)

idk Venty at all but is it a convection device i think?

Last edited:

btka

I used my BAKx only with around 15gr and the Anvil only with ~1gr max (I stopped vaporizing as you know). but I think BAKx is like Anvil more powerful and better taste. 100% or almost 100% conduction. very clean, tasty, powerful than Anvil imho in a bit (BAKx 230C with thermometer, Anvil with the max heat possible RTL) . but conduction. glass conduction.

the TP80 was my overall favorite tho from my collection (TP80, TM, TM1.5, Lotus, UD SC3+, Mi3, Dyna, Splinter V2, HI, VaporGenie, iHeat 510, Vaponic, BAKx)

idk Venty at all but is it a convection device i think?
Thank you golden bud for your answer… hope you are good and healthy my fc friend..

Will look again in the tp 80 thread… I owned a tetra from lamart, but sold it, can not remember why anymore (long time ago)..
Why did you prefer tp 80 more then bakx..

I think venty is a hybrid as far as I know..

GoldenBud

Why did you prefer tp 80 more then bakx..
convection vapes made me feel better, higher, more uplifty, less sleepy, and the taste is better imho
bakx is great before bed, or if you want really stoney vibes, or huge clouds like the Anvil.. TP80 can also bring huge clouds ofc.. but the bakx gives more of Anvil vibes..

and thanks for asking friend, i am feeling good, hope you feel good too

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thanks!
I am in the same boat and train of thought currently. Anvil enthusiast and a minimalist when it comes to vapes of late, but have an innate curiosity with this vape. Would welcome other bakx owners thoughts. Thanks!

I think BAK is well worth it if you can snag one, much cheaper than the venty too, honestly not much like it at all, I have zero interest in the venty (I had a mighty briefly too) but BAK is one of my main in rotation with TP80 and TM2, it has replaced FW7 in that way, as I much prefer it for that hybrid conduction vapor... Much more versatile, with the glass stem chamber pathway system, I always pop off the vape to clear each hit like I do on demand style, even though I am doing more of a conduction session... Whole nugs is really fun, as is mixing with concentrate, ground works really well to smack hard, and I haven't even tried the pure concentrate banger experience yet (pretty much always using WPA through a cooling stem dry and then switching to water for minimal diffusion with a small piece typically though I have some dry cooling stems direct as well and now Ralph makes a hole lot of variety for it that way) The only downside is the mod connection and setup I suppose? It is certainly a home device for me, not something I would bring out and about, so I might take it to someone's house to show and use if I was going to do that with a vape again... Yeah I don't think you are going to be able to top it for taste, cloud size is kind of the same for all of these, they're all capable depending on use, so I think that is a useless metric personally, even though they use different hybrid tech... There are so many variables, bak is much more versatile, definitely a counter to the tetra, and seems like a good pair for someone who is a fan of tempest anvil stuff too? bakbakbak

btka

I think BAK is well worth it if you can snag one, much cheaper than the venty too, honestly not much like it at all, I have zero interest in the venty (I had a mighty briefly too) but BAK is one of my main in rotation with TP80 and TM2, it has replaced FW7 in that way, as I much prefer it for that hybrid conduction vapor... Much more versatile, with the glass stem chamber pathway system, I always pop off the vape to clear each hit like I do on demand style, even though I am doing more of a conduction session... Whole nugs is really fun, as is mixing with concentrate, ground works really well to smack hard, and I haven't even tried the pure concentrate banger experience yet (pretty much always using WPA through a cooling stem dry and then switching to water for minimal diffusion with a small piece typically though I have some dry cooling stems direct as well and now Ralph makes a hole lot of variety for it that way) The only downside is the mod connection and setup I suppose? It is certainly a home device for me, not something I would bring out and about, so I might take it to someone's house to show and use if I was going to do that with a vape again... Yeah I don't think you are going to be able to top it for taste, cloud size is kind of the same for all of these, they're all capable depending on use, so I think that is a useless metric personally, even though they use different hybrid tech... There are so many variables, bak is much more versatile, definitely a counter to the tetra, and seems like a good pair for someone who is a fan of tempest anvil stuff too? bakbakbak
Thanks….I Trust your words . I will try to snag one today…
If you have a mod for it it is cheaper if not and you want one with dna chip then it’s almost the same price… But I am not very familiar with mods and so.. would an other not so expensive mod with same wattage make a big difference to a mod with dna chip?

Why you would you not recommend the bak for on the go? Because you need to cool vapor or it is to harsh? But ok I would say a venty is also not so good rouse on the go because it is so big.. or?

convection vapes made me feel better, higher, more uplifty, less sleepy, and the taste is better imho
bakx is great before bed, or if you want really stoney vibes, or huge clouds like the Anvil.. TP80 can also bring huge clouds ofc.. but the bakx gives more of Anvil vibes..

and thanks for asking friend, i am feeling good, hope you feel good too

With the convection you are right…
But sometimes I like the feel from conduction vapes..
Thanks I am good!

Shit Snacks

Thanks….I Trust your words . I will try to snag one today…
If you have a mod for it it is cheaper if not and you want one with dna chip then it’s almost the same price… But I am not very familiar with mods and so.. would an other not so expensive mod with same wattage make a big difference to a mod with dna chip?

The wattage doesn't matter? I'm using the evic so it's like a tubo, I already had one as you said, I've never tried with DNA, I never set up cruise autofire on any DNA, I don't think any of it matters... once you get it configured with the settings that work for you, which for me was simply following the instructions, then you just learn it as is so I don't think the mod matters at all though people like the DNA I don't think it's necessary as long as you can find a good other one ...

Why you would you not recommend the bak for on the go? Because you need to cool vapor or it is to harsh? But ok I would say a venty is also not so good rouse on the go because it is so big.. or?

I mean with the mod it is clunky, I wouldn't want to take that out and about, but I don't take anything out and about anymore, if I did it would be something like the TM, all in one, with one of my cooling stem... I mean I do think it can be harsh with BAK as well but there are ways to avoid that with the right stems I just don't think it's a portable on the go set up, but it depends on you and your needs etc. It certainly is a portable vape so do with that what you will!

I wouldn't say the venty is not good on the go, I just don't think it's good at all really lol overpriced incremental improvement on what they've been doing for years now... I don't like that session style, or loading a fixed chamber like that, or all the plastic, especially in the pathway... Not to mention the fixed battery lol if I was going to use something like this in this way it would sooner be Arizer Air Max honestly

With the convection you are right…
But sometimes I like the feel from conduction vapes..
Thanks I am good!

Yeah exactly, there is something that smacks about the hybrid conduction, and it's really great to experience it with BAK... I find tetra to be a bit smoother, but I always use it for quick one-hitters high temp through water now really

ondemander

Not a fan of the Bakx and prefer my TP80 as a on demand device. I think the Tempest is most appealing session device but I am curious about the airflow on the Venty. The Bakx is the opposite of a chill vape. It's handcrafted and cost so much that you would be screwed if you dropped it. It's also easy to burn yourself on the hot glass and the magnetic mouthpiece isn't that strong and could be knocked off it not too careful. The flavor is also very roasty and can be harsh if using full nugs. It's great at producing thick clouds and extracting to the last drop though if that's your thing. The Venty cannot fully extract imo at 410. It's also laughable that it doesn't do 420.

Shit Snacks

Not a fan of the Bakx and prefer my TP80 as a on demand device... Bakx is the opposite of a chill vape. It's handcrafted and cost so much that you would be screwed if you dropped it.

I might be wrong, but doesn't it cost less than the tetra?? And venty... Why would you be screwed? Just like the others from Lamart they can be repaired by him... Dropping any vape can result in damage, sometimes that's not really an issue (rarely an occurrence for me) might not even break or get dropped, just saying, that is not at all specific to BAK in my mind

The flavor is also very roasty and can be harsh if using full nugs

It can be, but you don't have that problem if you use super low temps like I do... More so when I grind I go to a higher temp and that's when it can be more harsh so I will use it through water with more diffusion (and yeah one hitters for flavor just like I do with tetra high temp through water) but it can still be harsh because of the level of extraction

great at producing thick clouds and extracting to the last drop though if that's your thing

However yeah when I am using with whole nugs it is milking the low temps so it is a chill session and has less extraction at the end so sometimes I will break it up and put it in a tetra bowl or another BAK bowl or just not extract deeper, it is a versatile unit in my experience, your experience doesn't line up, but I think a lot of people have different experiences with it as it is less universal per se

I was actually able to use it fully on demand for decent experience with dry stem direct in my testing too though not what I like to do with it

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
Thank you for your input, as I am appreciative your knowledge. Did not get one this go around. Congrats to those who did.

Top Bottom