• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AVS Molecule RDA

Zow237

Still sounds like hot spots - burning the oil that's in contact with the overheated hot spot and loosening the rest so it runs off the coil.

Just received a spare, so happen to have a few brand new, standard pre-built coils. Below is right out of the box. You can clearly see the troublesome hot spot. This coil will produce a burnt, messy hit.

coil-before.jpg

Below is after squeezing with ceramic-tipped forceps while firing for a few minutes. This coil will produce an intense hit with minimal runoff.

coil-after.jpg

AVS has been promoting their strumming technique for many years in their e-cig rebuilding tutorials. Never got it to work. Most vapers use the squeezing technique to get their coils to fire evenly. Also, in AVS's Molecule videos, they're very careful never to let the coil glow. This is certainly safest, but a little glowing is essential to getting coils to fire evenly, IME.

The Molecule might not be the easiest to use, but the results are worth it, IMO. Good luck!

Thanks. Mine looks exactly like the one on the bottom and still not getting good results. Just burnt oil and I’m on a pretty low temp. I want to like it

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: graydeh1

Deleted Member 1643

Thanks. Mine looks exactly like the one on the bottom and still not getting good results. Just burnt oil and I’m on a pretty low temp. I want to like it

Hmm... Are you using solid concentrate? Haven't tried any runny concentrate in the Molecule, but with e-cig coils generally, shatter works best. It needs to go quickly from solid to vapor while it's in contact with the coil.

Zow237

Hmm... Are you using solid concentrate? Haven't tried any runny concentrate in the Molecule, but with e-cig coils generally, shatter works best. It needs to go quickly from solid to vapor while it's in contact with the coil.

I just got home from work. Made sure it was looking like your coil, strummed a lil more, gave it a squeeze and seems to be good. So I lowered the temp on mod and no burnt oil taste! Thanks bro. Using rosin right now and haven’t used much in the mole so I’ll test further and report back since I’m getting much better results. Haven’t given up :)

Last edited:
Zow237,

Deleted Member 1643

Made sure it was looking like your coil, strummed a lil more, gave it a squeeze and seems to good. So I lowered the temp on mod and no burnt oil taste!

Good progress! There's a learning curve with this one. Considered trying to commercialize this method of dabbing but figured it would always be too finicky. (@Vape Donkey 650 tried a coil.) Surprised to discover the Molecule on AVS's site, hope it does well for them. (Also pleasantly surprised at the direction the company has taken since its move to Denver - one stop shopping!)

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: Zow237

al bundy

Vaporist
@Accept Any link to those tweezers?..
I squeeze them before install with needle nose It works but I’d like to try the tweezers
AVS always sold out of there’s

al bundy,

al bundy

Vaporist
Tried the Mole on a Evolve XL battery
Worked pretty good got the coil glowing nice

Read online the XL battery is 3.7 volts

Also used it on the Aovape Dima an IEvolve plus like device with 3 Variable Voltage: 3.5v Red Light, 3.8v Blue Light, 4.2v White Light settings Now this is small
The CANVA would be even smaller

Last edited:
al bundy,

Deleted Member 1643

5-loopglow.jpg

5-loop slentre braid, 32g. Works well, but also getting better results with AVS stock coils as technique improves. 13W in power mode at a brisk draw through the vortex tip prevents reclaim pooling.

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Reactions: al bundy

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
I just got home from work. Made sure it was looking like your coil, strummed a lil more, gave it a squeeze and seems to be good. So I lowered the temp on mod and no burnt oil taste! Thanks bro. Using rosin right now and haven’t used much in the mole so I’ll test further and report back since I’m getting much better results. Haven’t given up :)

Hi all,can you tell me how to do the squeeze technique?

graydeh1,

Deleted Member 1643

Hi all,can you tell me how to do the squeeze technique?

Sure, below is a 13-second video. Basically, you just squeeze the coil end to end. With ceramic-tipped (non-conductive) tweezers, you can squeeze while firing. If you don't have ceramic-tipped tweezers, you fire first, then squeeze. Dim the lights so that you can see the coil glowing at a lower temperature.

With the Molecule, look for hot spots along the edges. These can indicate that the hot spots are on the bottom of the coil. Gently lift the edges away from the glass slightly with the supplied dab tool. Then, if the hot spots are along one edge more than the other, begin by squeezing the coil at the edge that's not heating up. Continue squeezing at various points including the middle.

It's easy, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

graydeh1

Company Rep
Sure, below is a 13-second video. Basically, you just squeeze the coil end to end. With ceramic-tipped (non-conductive) tweezers, you can squeeze while firing. If you don't have ceramic-tipped tweezers, you fire first, then squeeze. Dim the lights so that you can see the coil glowing at a lower temperature.

With the Molecule, look for hot spots along the edges. These can indicate that the hot spots are on the bottom of the coil. Gently lift the edges away from the glass slightly with the supplied dab tool. Then, if the hot spots are along one edge more than the other, begin by squeezing the coil at the edge that's not heating up. Continue squeezing at various points including the middle.

It's easy, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

Thanks for detailed response.

graydeh1,

graydeh1

Company Rep
Need to get some tweezers, will try this asap as my strumming sucks ; l

graydeh1,

graydeh1

Company Rep
Dna mods are great. They work so well for tc.

graydeh1,

Samson

ok thank you for the feedback, I'll go with DNA... any leads on which model and where to get it, best value?

Samson,

graydeh1

Company Rep
In some cases they can actually be hard to find. I put off getting a lost Vape triade for a long time cuz I thought three batteries was a bad thing, I can Vape for a week now, get the Triade :)

Edit

I mean Vape for a week on a single charge.

graydeh1,

Samson

If you´re going for a DNA, get a 75c or 250c. This models have replay mode that really shines with the molecule

Ok thanks, I'll make sure to get one with replay... I'll also google replay lol

Samson,

Deleted Member 1643

PKdabmol.jpg

A ~20mg QWET shatter dab awaiting vaporization in the Molecule. This is the same wire used in the included coils with an extra half wrap to cover more area. Vaped completely in one hit :ko: with minimal reclaim. Still just use 18W Power mode. And still looking for a small battery this diameter (16mm).

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,
Top Bottom