AVB math

Kins

Hey I just made some cannabutter with my MB machine. I used 70 grams of ABV and 2. 5 cups of clarified butter. Now I'm trying to figure out how many milligrams in any recipe that I make. Also have to think about how strong ABV is because it's not gonna be as strong as regular cannabuter. I was gonna just try making the grilled cheese recipe from the magical butter website. Have heard stories of people eating too much edibles and throwing up, don't want that to happen....Want to be able to eat just enough to get me high but not super high and uncomfortably high......

Tranquility

ABV is a bit of a crapshoot until you get experience. Not only do you have to adjust for the original quality of the flower, but also you have to adjust for how efficiently you vaped it. Over time you'll find what works for you, but you'll have to go slow until then as there is no math that will help. There are simply some variables that you won't know until you get some experience in how you do things.

I'd go by measure in something like firecrackers until you find the dose you like with your ABV. (Search for firecracker in the cooking with cannabis forum. There are a lot of recipes. I've not been that successful at making edibles out of it but didn't try for that long.)

Kins

ABV is a bit of a crapshoot until you get experience. Not only do you have to adjust for the original quality of the flower, but also you have to adjust for how efficiently you vaped it. Over time you'll find what works for you, but you'll have to go slow until then as there is no math that will help. There are simply some variables that you won't know until you get some experience in how you do things.

I'd go by measure in something like firecrackers until you find the dose you like with your ABV. (Search for firecracker in the cooking with cannabis forum. There are a lot of recipes. I've not been that successful at making edibles out of it but didn't try for that long.)

Thanks. I think maybe trying out grilled cheese, should work out ok as long as I start small. So I'd just butter the sides of the sandwich and then use a tablespoon of it to add to the pan to cook it in. I did do research before posting this and did find some math to figure out how many milligrams per serving, but that is for regular weed not abv. Still you could estimate that half the thc and canniboids are gone from vaping it and then just eat half of what you would normally eat had it been made with regular cannabutter and not ABV butter.

Ok I just made 1 for me and 1 for the wife. I put a tablespoon in the pan and then about a teaspoon scoop inside the sandwiches. Made it with some smoked provolone and deli off the bone ham. They tasted great, didn't even taste the AVB at all. So I guess we will see what happens. Since it's AVB I don't think it was too much. So I'll see what happens in the next 3 hours or so....

So we both got a nice mild relaxing high from that. Nothing to crazy but enjoyable.

Last edited:

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
ABV is already activated just so you know, you can eat straight abv and get high. In case you want to test your dosage you can just eat a certain amount of abv and see how high you get and can adjust your servings for it.

I use to do abv shots with vodka lol so good.

scy123,

Kins

My fridge broke shortly after this and I had to trash the rest of my cannabutter. It's been fixed since so I will try again soon.

Kins,
Top Bottom