• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

AugustHaus enails/banger?

Danksta

Monsoon

First I've heard of them, the unit is a bit pricey but it looks cool and the app will be favoured by some people I'm sure. The J-Red diamond knot has been out for a year I believe, you should be able to google some reviews though there aren't a ton. One potential issue I see is it might be hard to keep clean since you can't q-tip below the top layer and it might get clogged with build-up over time. Also for just a bit more money you can buy a D-Nail Sapphire Halo or a CCA Liger 2.0 kit, both of which are already well reviewed.

Danksta

First I've heard of them, the unit is a bit pricey but it looks cool and the app will be favoured by some people I'm sure. The J-Red diamond knot has been out for a year I believe, you should be able to google some reviews though there aren't a ton. One potential issue I see is it might be hard to keep clean since you can't q-tip below the top layer and it might get clogged with build-up over time. Also for just a bit more money you can buy a D-Nail Sapphire Halo or a CCA Liger 2.0 kit, both of which are already well reviewed.

I've been waiting for the Liger 3.0 w/ Sapphire and saw this on IG tonight in action. I agree the diamond knot could get messy. That's a turn off right there. I'd still like to try it, but it is a bit pricey and I think the Liger would be the wiser investment.

Thanks for the reply

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I've been wanting a wood enclosure and have been eyeing these control units for awhile.
But, I have a reeeaaally old phone, it won't support the app to control the box; so that's my current excuse not to try. (well, that and that price)

How about those "Dab-Bulbs"?

Last edited:
alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: mrbonsai420

Justpassedu

I actually just tried 1 out a few weeks ago. My buddy had met the maker and brought one home including a piece that came with it.. They are really nice and clean looking , i love the lights , controlled by a app. The price in my opinion is way to high and i did not notice a difference between it and any other enail i have used. You are basically paying for the cool lights and it being app controlled if that matters to anyone.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have used a diamond knot knock off nail. It hit good, but was messy as hell to clean. I really don't see how having to get on your phone to change the temp is an improvement over standard PiD's and they are a couple of years behind Dnail and CCA In my opinion in actual nail tech. Cute how they tied a coil to a standard quartz banger ala 2014... ground breaking stuff ;)

herbivore21

I have used a diamond knot knock off nail. It hit good, but was messy as hell to clean. I really don't see how having to get on your phone to change the temp is an improvement over standard PiD's and they are a couple of years behind Dnail and CCA In my opinion in actual nail tech. Cute how they tied a coil to a standard quartz banger ala 2014... ground breaking stuff ;)
Yeah I gotta say too, why would you want your dab device connected to your cell phone/bluetooth? You want your neighbors to see your enail when they search for devices and whenever you happen to make it discoverable? I sure as hell don't! You want whoever sees your phone seeing the app for your enail? This is all without even going into internet security concerns!

Same goes for lights all over the controller. Why do I want something that draws attention to my dab controller? It seems that the design of this controller flies in the face of what I want an enail controller to be - out of the way, reliable, unobtrusive and NOT A FUCKING GLOWING BEACON EMITTING WIRELESS SIGNALS AND PROCLAIMING LOUDLY: LOOK AT ME!

Also man I have to say, your point is so true, strangely though, so many people still seek out quartz bangers with barrel coils as if they are the gold standard of dabbing, despite the fact that quartz is a shitty heat conductor (which creates hotspots that cause nasty tasting vapor to override the tasty low temp vapor from less hot parts of the dish) and wrapping a coil around the side of the nail is a terrible way to heat your quartz for dabs in an even way lol!

Surely folks could have worked that out in 2014 as you say!

Still, my main point to manufacturers is this - stop connecting vapes to wireless networking. This makes many such as myself want your product less, not more!

Also with all the flashy electronics, you'd think they'd give us a temperature reading on the controller somewhere! Who wants to check their phone to check the temp of their enail? lol

brucee10

Yeah I gotta say too, why would you want your dab device connected to your cell phone/bluetooth? You want your neighbors to see your enail when they search for devices and whenever you happen to make it discoverable? I sure as hell don't! You want whoever sees your phone seeing the app for your enail? This is all without even going into internet security concerns!

Same goes for lights all over the controller. Why do I want something that draws attention to my dab controller? It seems that the design of this controller flies in the face of what I want an enail controller to be - out of the way, reliable, unobtrusive and NOT A FUCKING GLOWING BEACON EMITTING WIRELESS SIGNALS AND PROCLAIMING LOUDLY: LOOK AT ME!

Also man I have to say, your point is so true, strangely though, so many people still seek out quartz bangers with barrel coils as if they are the gold standard of dabbing, despite the fact that quartz is a shitty heat conductor (which creates hotspots that cause nasty tasting vapor to override the tasty low temp vapor from less hot parts of the dish) and wrapping a coil around the side of the nail is a terrible way to heat your quartz for dabs in an even way lol!

Surely folks could have worked that out in 2014 as you say!

Still, my main point to manufacturers is this - stop connecting vapes to wireless networking. This makes many such as myself want your product less, not more!

Also with all the flashy electronics, you'd think they'd give us a temperature reading on the controller somewhere! Who wants to check their phone to check the temp of their enail? lol

I was looking at the LED ring and I thought it was super familiar in the Arduino world. I think I can list a fairly complete parts list for this device.

1. Arduino - An R3 is more than powerful enough. Plus it runs at 5V
  2. Bluetooth LE
  3. Some type of SSR. Arduino has the voltage and current to operate one.
  4. Thermocouple Amplifierhttps://www.adafruit.com/products/1586
  5. Neopixel Ring
  6. 5V power source for Logic Components. (I use an internal Iphone charger)
  7. XLR Jack
  8. Power Jack with Fuse
  9. Switch
  10. Case
I would say the programming probably doubles the materials costs, but it's pretty easy logic to write, plus the PiD functions are published for Arduino already. The iPhone app doesn't look that difficult to write. Adafruit provides a base app for connecting to their Bluetooth chips.

hardboiledfrog

tinkerer
using a phone for the interface saves the maker the hardware costs of a display and pushbuttons / dials.
nice profit margin for sure. :rolleyes:

I would say the programming probably doubles the materials costs, but it's pretty easy logic to write, plus the PiD functions are published for Arduino already.
any personal experience with the PID library? I just tried playing with it in the nano on my e-nail and so far my basic code controls much better. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on tuning but I think I will have to add a timer interrupt to drive the output more consistently but I have no experience with coding interrupts yet. I have no formal coding education, just what I learned off the interwebs.

brucee10

using a phone for the interface saves the maker the hardware costs of a display and pushbuttons / dials.
nice profit margin for sure. :rolleyes:

any personal experience with the PID library? I just tried playing with it in the nano on my e-nail and so far my basic code controls much better. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on tuning but I think I will have to add a timer interrupt to drive the output more consistently but I have no experience with coding interrupts yet. I have no formal coding education, just what I learned off the interwebs.

I've played with the PID library in a home built Sous Vide machine and a few heaters for my friends brewing hobby. The coding was basically plug and play. All the extra work came in building the interfaces.

brucee10,

Twistedglass

3127995.jpg

I like it. The blue tooth and app work flawlessly on a lg g5.
Comes with a 22mm coil. Fits the 4mil China bangers and some American makes. Just buy any coil size you want.
I usually run 20mm coils to 20mm hive v2, but what they give you works if u have a 90degree 14 female.

Fit and finish are top notch . I got some of these enail things that are double plus the cost of this and not put together as well as this.

I think its cheap for what it is.
A dnail analog with rheostat is like 240, which is American made and works really well, and this unit is double the price but you get a solid wood box great build quality and techy way to use it with blue tooth . You can shut the lights off on the unit. You don't need the features it has but for 500 its a fun toy. Works as advertised.

Twistedglass,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Although their actual nail doesn't interest me, if the controller were paired with a Liger maybe it would be awesome?

Has anyone else gotten one of these? I am really interested in some of these higher end enails like the Augusthaus and the Hex-nail. What all features does this have compared to the Hex.

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

Has anyone else gotten one of these?
I have talked with August Lilly (The Inventor) and this is definitely a device to want. He is an awesome guy and he was really very cool to me and provided me with one of the best CS experiences that I've ever had...really.
My new augusthaus KubeOne (got a really cool white oak finish and the GGOODYGLASS "Shaolin" rig with it...August is the man!) should be here shortly, possibly as soon as this next week. I'll post pics and possibly a full review. I'm really looking forward to using it! Also to seeing what the future holds for the KubeOne!

Kalikron,

Kalikron

:doh:Delete this and the other that says delete....please. My phone being strange; weird glitch. Hate not being able to delete my own mistakes

Last edited:
Kalikron,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have talked with August Lilly (The Inventor) and this is definitely a device to want. He is an awesome guy and he was really very cool to me and provided me with one of the best CS experiences that I've ever had...really.
My new augusthaus KubeOne (got a really cool white oak finish and the GGOODYGLASS "Shaolin" rig with it...August is the man!) should be here shortly, possibly as soon as this next week. I'll post pics and possibly a full review. I'm really looking forward to using it! Also to seeing what the future holds for the KubeOne!

Look forward to your review!
$1000 for your setup seems insane to me and i would love to know how it compares to other e nails!
The heater that also heats the bottom of the banger looks neat as well.
So far the coil design, App control and lights are what i see as different from other e nails.
Also depends on how adjustable the controller is via the App? Only temp changes or can you control it in a similar fashion the the Hex Nail?

Only the coil design interests me on this controller, otherwise i think it is overpriced.

lazylathe,

Kalikron

Thanks for your response @lazylathe! The cost is for the glass as well as the eNail. The GGoodyGlass "Shaolin" rig is normally $600+ on its own for partial color; the full color and clear options are even more. The artist is taking a sabbatical and his work is highly sought after, especially considering that his list is already full; and he only made 2 special "AugustHaus" Editions and I got one! The eNail/coil itself is only $399, right in line with the market and it's competitors. The ability to "lock out" kids/roommates is an awesome option. I also got the larger Banger size and the regular sized one; so I could try both.

I don't think it's overpriced considering the glass included, the going rate of reputable comparable eNails (have you priced a D-Nail etc? They're even higher priced for way less), the materials used and the options available. It has a "ground up" redesigned PID that's not using the standard repurposed industry algorithm/equipment; rather it's been redesigned with cannabis use in mind. So it should be far more responsive to small temp fluctuations than the standard plastic PID we've all gotten used to. That's the hope anyway. Similar to the HexNail. I've ordered both so I will definitely review them when they arrive; possibly a side by side if I get time and it's worth doing.

Last edited:
Kalikron,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
I guess if you are after the glass as well then it makes sense! Personally i am not that big of a glass fan and Chinese stuff is good enough for my use.
@Kalikron I hope it is everything you want and more!
Cannot wait for a function video!

I am just starting to look into the concentrate game and thus have a lot more to learn!
So far i have only tried a torch heated nail and that was hit and miss as well as a pelican case e nail and that was pretty good.
It is just as overwhelming as flower vapes!

Luckily on this forum we have a lot of concentrate guru's available to help!

lazylathe,

Kalikron

I can definitely understand that! The cost of quality American glass is definitely prohibitive to those on a budget. When I first started out, I used what was affordable to me

Thanks so much for the kind words @lazylathe! I saved awhile to afford the new eNail setups, and I have high hopes! The positive vibes are much appreciated. I will def get some more in depth info/video/reviews posted, once it's all
here and setup.

The torch setups are totally awesome but they're difficult to judge the temp you're dabbing at; especially at first. Takes a lot of dialing in and practice to find the "sweet spot" for your personal heat preference. I remember tons of people giving me bad advice/setting a bad example temp wise, when this all was new and I was starting out. Now with eNails, you can be more exact about dab temp and it's made a huge difference in convenient/consistent low temp & tasty dabs.

Last edited:
Kalikron,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I totally understand what you are saying about glass!
Some people spend thousands on it and others a $30 piece is just as good.

If i stop and look at it another way, i will spend large on flower vapes justifying it because it is better than my last one...LOL!
I am comfortable spending on flower vapes but concentrate vapes/stations are a new game for me!
Will be getting a setup soon to test, just a cheap one, to see if it is something i want to explore further.

If it is something i want to delve deeper into, then i guess the sky will be the limit!

I had a few good hits off the torch heated nail but felt i wasted a lot, burnt a lot or just not hot enough...
The electric version will take this guess work out so hopefully i can make an educated decision about concentrate vapes!

If i can do low temp, super tasty, super cloudy hits consistently then i am in deep trouble...

lazylathe,

Kalikron

I totally understand what you are saying about glass!
Some people spend thousands on it and others a $30 piece is just as good.

If i stop and look at it another way, i will spend large on flower vapes justifying it because it is better than my last one...LOL!
I am comfortable spending on flower vapes but concentrate vapes/stations are a new game for me!
Will be getting a setup soon to test, just a cheap one, to see if it is something i want to explore further.

If it is something i want to delve deeper into, then i guess the sky will be the limit!

I had a few good hits off the torch heated nail but felt i wasted a lot, burnt a lot or just not hot enough...
The electric version will take this guess work out so hopefully i can make an educated decision about concentrate vapes!

If i can do low temp, super tasty, super cloudy hits consistently then i am in deep trouble...
Yeah that sounds like the way to go. Shop around and a cheaper setup to start isn't a bad idea. Especially if your really tight on your budget. If you shop around there are cheaper options with TI nails (and some hybrid/Banger setups now too) that are very affordable. Under $100 for some.

I started with one of those awhile back; after vaping with "pen", then "510ego", then a "mod" style (a few of each really), all with/without replaceable atomizers of various makes/materials. I finally borrowed a cheap Chinese rig from a
friend that I used for a long while;
Just so I could have a Concentrate vape rig vs the portables id been using. Then I spent a bunch of time inefficiently torch vaping; with my loaned torch setup. Started with TI, then ceramic, now I have a QCB (a directional cap is nice for these). Again, thanks to a friend's generosity. Finally I found my first cheap eNail (again from a friend; I'm a disabled vet with a couple really supportive new friends) and I've been hooked ever since!
My budget is really limited too and I save hard and shop around for everything I get. But even the cheap setups I've tried are worlds better than comparable material torch nails. It always takes a lot of "dialing in" regardless though. So far. I'm hoping my new next generation eNails, like the KubeOne, will change that. This will be my first "Heady" and high end vape setup, so I am super stoked to see how it turns out!
I can already say based on others reviews; It's not the same as the standard PID we've all used and wanted to see improved. It's vastly better designed and performs far better; from what I've seen.
I can't say thanks enough to Augusthaus for being so cool to me and giving me the opportunity to get in on some of the limited edition KubeOne's and the shaolin.

One thing I can say though. The cheap starter isn't a bad idea....but if you're really into vaping Concentrates then you won't be happy with the standard PID/TI nail/Flat coil combo on most cheap setups for long. You may want to look into one of these newer next gen ones; after you see some reviews and decide if they fit for you. I know augusthaus specifically runs different discount specials (check IG or contact August Lilly @Augusthaus) that range from 10% up to 30% and they can really help. Can't hurt to look and you may find you can get a better unit for not much more than the cheap ones....might be worth waiting for/looking into.

Kalikron

@Kalikron

Did you receive your KubeOne yet and the glass??
Just wondering how you find it?

I have a possibility of buying a KubeOne for a good price!
I did receive it and it is awesome! The Shaolin function is superb and the KubeOne itself is great.
It's way easy to use and the interface on the phone has nearly the same options as other next gen nails. Right now, you can use either the regular, 2.0, or 2.0XL bangers; with more options coming in the future. I use the 2.0 daily. It heats perfectly and tastes amazing. I keep the inside clean with q-tip tech between cleaning cycles. The coil/banger is a consumable, but it should last a long long time. When it's time to replace it, augusthaus coil/banger price is lower than most bangers or coils alone.
If you can get one cheap go for it man! Lifetime warranty, great device, long lasting and cheaply replaced QCB/Coil, an awesome looking wood enclosure with sick LED's, industry leading features like real time temp graph/touch screen/blu tooth....not a lot to loose grabbing one. Even if you already own another next gen. They both have their uses....

Kalikron,

Vapor Loop

Heads up to those who thought this one was too costly in the past they now have steel boxes with banger and coil for $255, And acrylic with rig banger and coil for $275. I went ahead and got a steel one for my first E-nail, If you want one rite now low temp plates has steel ones. The manufacturer site should have new ones in about a week.

Top Bottom