auber rdk300 and coil wattage

Dejavu

If I have a 150w coil and an auber rdk 300 v2, should I change the settings? On 710 website it says it should be on 40 by default and go to 60? The default is 100. Should I change anything? Hoping to get a jane soon. Haven't heard too much since the 25 axial coils (ch/olhead) wireless devices are not using an auber and possibly calibrated for that coil? For others who make their own, would the advice below be worth doing or leave it at 100?

From 710coils site

Adjusting your Auber RDK-300 to support a 150 watt coil​

To adjust Auber RDK-300 controller for any 150watt coil. Hold down the knob for 5 seconds, the small power indicator light will start blinking. Turn the knob clockwise and scroll to 166 that is the access code(if you overshoot turn the knob counterclockwise to go down) then push the knob down once and you will come to P-125, press the knob again to get to I-60, and press again to D-10, press the knob once more and you will come to OTH-40, This is the setting you will want to change from 40 to 67 for all 150watt coils. Press the knob one more time for auto shut off and set to desired minutes and then press the knob one final time to exit.

from their manual on aubers site

oth. Output high limit. The unit is percentage (%). It allows you to set the
high limit of the output. It can be used when you have an overpowered
heater to control a small subject. For example, if you have a 250W heater
and set the oth = 40, the heater will be used as a 100 watt heater
(250x40%=100). User may need to change this parameter if you heater is
not 250 watt and want to improve the performance. For example, set it to 50
if you have a 200 watt heater; set it to 100 if you have a 100 watt heater.
Larger oth value makes the system heats up faster, but can cause
temperature overshot and fluctuation. Smaller oth increases the heat up
time

Last edited:
Dejavu,
Top Bottom