• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Auber Instruments RDK200 e-nail

Monsoon

My friend is loving hers so far and the auto-shut off is especially useful for them, they have it set to 30 minutes. Using the default PID values and the SiC Halo it seems to be pretty accurate as long as you don't change it too suddenly. My Omron is way better at handling last second changes I've found and is more nimble. Probably more of an OCD issue for most people than a real-world problem.

Monsoon,
Reactions: vakedcow

Kanna_Kult

I accidentally broke the power cord for my rdk-300, I stepped on it and the bottom thick prong snapped off in the socket in the wall, Anyone know how I can get a replacement?

Kanna_Kult,

Monsoon

I accidentally broke the power cord for my rdk-300, I stepped on it and the bottom thick prong snapped off in the socket in the wall, Anyone know how I can get a replacement?
It uses the same power cord as the VapeXhale Evo and most desktop PC's.

Monsoon,
Reactions: Dr200

Kanna_Kult

@Monsoon thank you Very much! Looks like they have someone ions configured in angles that would work better than the original cord that came with the unit

EDIT: Really dumbass question but the Canadian standard wall outlet cords are wired the same as American and Mexican correct?

Kanna_Kult,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Kanna_Kult

Will any of the cords on the website work ? Or do I need a specific version of the 5-15p-C13?

Kanna_Kult,

Kanna_Kult

Do other e-nails typically use the same thing? I really want it for 7/10 and I don't think it'll ship in time so I was gonna check out some LHS's

Kanna_Kult,

GSR

Thanks to this thread (along with several others) im convinced that the Auber RDK-300 would be the best choice for me. I have to ask something though; Does the coil make a huge difference? Should i get a coil from Dnail, or is the one Auber provides just as good?

Baron23

I just recently received my Auber RDK-300, their 20mm coil, and I use it with a CCA 710 Liger 2.0 with SiC insert.

So far I think it works like a champ. Yes, it takes a bit of time to close the final range to set point...that is, the rate of temp increase seems to continue to slow as it approaches set point...but I don't mind that as with a big Ti banger I think its just fine to let it all sit there and heat soak and reach equilibrium.

I don't have a k-type thermometer so I don't know how close coil temp shown is to actual dab surface temp, but having looked over a number of controllers miserable excuse for documentation I'm impressed with Auber's description of how to set the temp correction coefficient and their assertion that 1.03 is the right setting for a 20mm coil (versus default of 1.0). This gives me confidence that they know what they are talking about and have test data to back it up.

I have been running the Liger 2.0 SiC at 600 F but may try to ease up or down a bit but must say its working well at this temp.

I also have a cheap Chinese controller that came with a very good Omron E5CC PID assembly. This one took some help from a friend to completely rewire it and get it working correctly. It works great now, but I would never recommend them unless you were true DIY home build junkie who likes to tinker.

I liked Auber very much. I like that they are an instrument company first and just pointed their instrument product line at a dabbing use case. Their documentation and website seems to reflect this solid industrial tech company frame of mind.

I also like that they are in Georgia and if you want your unit to heat up faster you can actually talk to someone in tech support as @MileHighLife did. Try that with a company in Shenzhen.

I'm sure you can get these qualities elsewhere...but I believe for a lot more money.

Thanks to this thread (along with several others) im convinced that the Auber RDK-300 would be the best choice for me. I have to ask something though; Does the coil make a huge difference? Should i get a coil from Dnail, or is the one Auber provides just as good?

I bought one from Auber. If you have more confidence in D-nail and don't mind spending more money, then do so and all will be well. Auber uses the same coil pin outs that D-nail and which has seemed to become the industry standard (pins 1 & 2 = AC Power +/-, pins 3 & 4 = coil thermocouple +/-, pin 5 = ground. Auber publishes this in their manuals.

http://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK-300.pdf
http://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK-300_supplementary.pdf

Best of luck

GSR

^I've actually learned a great deal reading from your posts (thanks for your activity here btw ;)). Thats why I knew the Dnail was compatible. I haven't really seen anyone comment on why I should choose one over the other however, and I was wondering if that was due to the difference being negligible, or just because I haven't come across it yet.

If you (and countless others) are reporting no issues using the auber coil however, I'll probably just add it to the package when i finally pull the trigger.:D

Baron23

^I've actually learned a great deal reading from your posts (thanks for your activity here btw ;)). Thats why I knew the Dnail was compatible. I haven't really seen anyone comment on why I should choose one over the other however, and I was wondering if that was due to the difference being negligible, or just because I haven't come across it yet.

If you (and countless others) are reporting no issues using the auber coil however, I'll probably just add it to the package when i finally pull the trigger.:D
HI mate....just passing on info given to me by my betters here on FC.com! LOL

I haven't had my Auber long enough to comment on its life span or durability. I don't think ANY of these companies are actually manufacturing the coils themselves and I would be surprised if they all aren't made in China by contract manufacturers.

The Auber coil seems to be well made and works well so far. I'm sure there are others here who have run either D-nail or Auber coils for longer periods of time and can chime in but I, personally, don't think coils are the item to have a lot of worry over....I'm even looking at some on e-bay in the $33 range with compatible pin outs. Also, I have not heard anyone go on about coils from really any company being particularly inadequate or rotten.

If I were you, I would order the coil from whoever gives me the most confidence.....then forget about the coil.

Cheers and good luck!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I need more vapor toys like I need 4 flat tires 30 miles from nowhere. Sign me up!

So I ordered an Auber RDK-300, and frankly, I didn't really know exactly what I wanted: I'm a bald-faced enail newbie-wannabe. Most all my glass is 19 mm, so I ordered the flat coil and universal nail. I also ordered an CCA 20 mm Ligar Banger and SIC insert. I realized after looking at Youtube Educational Videos that I needed a 20mm coil nail instead of flat, so I ordered one of those, too.

Tired, exhausted, feeding-frenzy-filled-credit-cards later, I await the Wells Fargo Wagon.

PoopMachine

I need more vapor toys like I need 4 flat tires 30 miles from nowhere. Sign me up!

So I ordered an Auber RDK-300, and frankly, I didn't really know exactly what I wanted: I'm a bald-faced enail newbie-wannabe. Most all my glass is 19 mm, so I ordered the flat coil and universal nail. I also ordered an CCA 20 mm Ligar Banger and SIC insert. I realized after looking at Youtube Educational Videos that I needed a 20mm coil nail instead of flat, so I ordered one of those, too.

Tired, exhausted, feeding-frenzy-filled-credit-cards later, I await the Wells Fargo Wagon.

You bought exactly what you should have bought. Dont even waste your time with the flat coil/universal nail. Go straight to the Liger.. its the best nail on the market for the money and I have a pretty extensive collection of nails.

Baron23

You bought exactly what you should have bought. Dont even waste your time with the flat coil/universal nail. Go straight to the Liger.. its the best nail on the market for the money and I have a pretty extensive collection of nails.
I don't have poopy's collection or experience but I will say that you bought a great kit in the Auber and Liger 2.0 with the SiC.

Enjoy and remember to not grab the hot coil with your hand!:o :brow:

PoopMachine

I don't have poopy's collection or experience but I will say that you bought a great kit in the Auber and Liger 2.0 with the SiC.

Enjoy and remember to not grab the hot coil with your hand!:o :brow:

Or bump your hand against it when its on. Im just healing up from a nasty knuckle burn from just brushing up against the nail when on.

PoopMachine,

Baron23

Or bump your hand against it when its on. Im just healing up from a nasty knuckle burn from just brushing up against the nail when on.
But what the heck....no scars, no commitment! :rofl:

Perhaps some vitamin E oil on the burn to help it not scar and heal more quickly? It works. :rockon:

Baron23,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The Wells Fargo Wagon has passed through town, and l'm very happy to say, I either ordered incorrectly, or my order was filled incorrectly, I got exactly what I wanted: a barrel coil. I swore I ordered flat, but I'm ecstatic it was barrel as I ordered a wrong coil elsewhere.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Still kicking---

Ordered my RDK-200 back in Dec 2014 with flat coil. Best money I have spent on a vape device EVER. This thing has been worked for more hours daily than I have. At least 8 hours on,most days, sometimes longer. I like the fact that they were already in business making all kinds of controllers and just adapted a use for their controller for "our" world.

If it ever dies, I can't imagine giving any other company my business, when I purchase another e-nail. Just wanted to drop by the thread and give an update on my experience.

Baron23

Still kicking---

Ordered my RDK-200 back in Dec 2014 with flat coil. Best money I have spent on a vape device EVER. This thing has been worked for more hours daily than I have. At least 8 hours on,most days, sometimes longer. I like the fact that they were already in business making all kinds of controllers and just adapted a use for their controller for "our" world.

If it ever dies, I can't imagine giving any other company my business, when I purchase another e-nail. Just wanted to drop by the thread and give an update on my experience.
I'm still loving my RDK-300 and should have saved the extra money and bought a 200 as the performance is equally excellent and I don't really need some of the added bells and whistles.

Hard to see how anybody can chose to buy a D-nail at their extreme price for no greater performance and certainly no greater practical and usable performance.

Gonzo_da_wind

Just thought Id throw this out there for anyone want to adjust the setting on thier auber so as to match the display temp with actual evaporization surface temp use a candy thermometer (or any cookng thermometer with a temperature display)) you can get one from wally world ((walmart) for like 15 bucks. Doesnt matter how high it can go really. You can adjust your psl settin from at way lower temps than you need to dab. As long as the temps being fairly far above room temp. Id say6 the boiling temp of water would be6a adequete rule of thumb

Gonzo_da_wind,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom