• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Auber Instruments RDK200 e-nail

GSR

Tried holdin off till the liger v3 came out, but I couldn't hold out any longer. I just convinced myself that I need a separate nail if i went somewhere with her, so I may as well buy her and use the cheaper travel nail now till the v3 comes out :razz:

GSR,
Reactions: macbill

GSR

FINALLY GOT HER

MY rdk-300 came in a couple days ago. It's surprisingly small, but thats a good surprise. Also the cord length IS a little on the short side, but it works for me and actually helps reduce the clutter a longer cable would form. The temp knob is nice and smooth, and its real easy to just plug-n-play from the box. She heats up fast enough for me honestly. I came home from work, went to my room and turned her on. Then i went to get a glass of water, set up my music, and pull my medicine out. she was ready and waitin before i finished preparing lol. I already know I got my money's worth (assuming she's durable enough to last for a while.)

I don't feel comfortable with my coil however :\. I ordered a 20 mm nail and coil from auber, and my coil fits VERY loosely:hmm:. I've seen people deal with a much snugger fit; some even resorting to pushing it in with all their strength or using a screwdriver to loosen it. I have the opposite issue; my coil doesn't even make contact with any part of the nail besides the bottom (since it basically falls there), and slightly on the opposite side of where the coil starts.

Is this normal, or do I have a legitimate concern? I mean i guess i can just raise my PSL ratio, but I wanna know if thats necessary. I have it on 1.04 for now

Last edited:

PoopMachine

FINALLY GOT HER

MY rdk-300 came in a couple days ago. It's surprisingly small, but thats a good surprise. Also the cord length IS a little on the short side, but it works for me and actually helps reduce the clutter a longer cable would form. The temp knob is nice and smooth, and its real easy to just plug-n-play from the box. She heats up fast enough for me honestly. I came home from work, went to my room and turned her on. Then i went to get a glass of water, set up my music, and pull my medicine out. she was ready and waitin before i finished preparing lol. I already know I got my money's worth (assuming she's durable enough to last for a while.)

I don't feel comfortable with my coil however :\. I ordered a 20 mm nail and coil from auber, and my coil fits VERY loosely:hmm:. I've seen people deal with a much snugger fit; some even resorting to pushing it in with all their strength or using a screwdriver to loosen it. I have the opposite issue; my coil doesn't even make contact with any part of the nail besides the bottom (since it basically falls there), and slightly on the opposite side of where the coil starts.

Is this normal, or do I have a legitimate concern? I mean i guess i can just raise my PSL ratio, but I wanna know if thats necessary. I have it on 1.04 for now

Just tighten the coil up with a pair of pliers.

Baron23

FINALLY GOT HER

Yes, gently with pliers. I have a set of cheap silicone jaw covers for pliers that I use for this sort of thing. Keeps from marring the material.

But do it gently. Little bit at a time.

LazyIdol

Jumped on the Auber train. Choo choo!

My RDK 300 + 20mm coil + universal nail came yesterday.

Waiting on some hyman quartz enails and accessories and a new FC FTK 10'' from Steven.

So far I am in love with this thing. Need to tighten up my coil as well though.

Back to FC after a much too long break!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... just pulled the plug on a RDK-200 with 20mm coil and nail - http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=459

...i've wanted an enail for a while now, but couldn't bring myself to spend $500+USD on a decent setup. I looked into the chinese enails but never snagged one (too many mixed reviews)...

... for less than $200 CAD i have a great (based on reviews) starter enail setup that i probably wont need to upgrade anytime soon except for maybe a quality nail... eventually a liger setup :luv::drool: (which far surpasses my initial investment lol)

Baron23

... just pulled the plug on a RDK-200 with 20mm coil and nail - http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=459

...i've wanted an enail for a while now, but couldn't bring myself to spend $500+USD on a decent setup. I looked into the chinese enails but never snagged one (too many mixed reviews)...

... for less than $200 CAD i have a great (based on reviews) starter enail setup that i probably wont need to upgrade anytime soon except for maybe a quality nail... eventually a liger setup :luv::drool: (which far surpasses my initial investment lol)
I think you will find your Auber, and the company...Auber Instruments...to be much to your liking. Congrats

Now go buy that Liger! hahaha

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Do you all think the 20mm would fit over this nail

It's a dabessentials nail,was very expensive three years ago
6fxljr.jpg

Halfqq,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
One more question ... with the auber universal nail ... could u put the SiC dish or quartz dish on it? Like unscrew the titanium top piece that you dab off of ../ and use the dnail SiC dish or any other quartz dish instead

Halfqq,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Is there a knockoff base that I can put the dnail SiC Halo on?

I think I read it doesn't fit in the auber universal nail that ships with their controller

Any help?

Halfqq,

Zow237

Can't figure how to do the temp offset correction. When I pull up lcy what do I put in for temps. Nvm figured it out ;)
I also have to set it passed 800 to get to 800 :(

Last edited:
Zow237,

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...i'm basically only using my flowerpot now... using default settings... i've seen a few post (not just FP post, various enail threads) where people change their PID settings... forgive my ignorance here, but is there any real advantage in changing the settings?

...i don't feel as if i have any performance issues... but i don't know :shrug: ...could it get any better?

just_the_flu,
Reactions: jl420

Murph101

...i'm basically only using my flowerpot now... using default settings... i've seen a few post (not just FP post, various enail threads) where people change their PID settings... forgive my ignorance here, but is there any real advantage in changing the settings?

...i don't feel as if i have any performance issues... but i don't know :shrug: ...could it get any better?

Sorry I cant be more help with your question, but are you using the auber coil with your flowerpot? I'm looking to make my own bundle and I was going to go with the auber rdk 300 controller and 20mm barrel coil, and showerhead. I saw a video that newvape had put on youtube where they demo'd the auber coil and it was loose due to the fact it have 4 wraps vs the 5 of newvape coils. It still worked but, I'd imagine better surface contact would equal better heat transfer. I'm in the UK, so enail controllers aren't too common (afiak), and auber seems to be a more reliable choice than the chinese alternatives. Finding a suitable coil, however, is proving to be a hassle.

Murph101,
Reactions: 710Coils

710Coils

Manufacturer
@Murph101 I still have some of the 220 volt coils I made for the Flowerpot. If you shoot me a message. I can get you setup. They will work great with an Auber controller =)

710Coils,
Reactions: vakedcow

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I think my Hex-Nail finally died.
Broke out my RDK-300, but can't remember how to override the automatic off timer (or lengthen the time).
Didn't see anything in the manual, but may have overlooked something?

Anyone know how to access that menu?

alittledabwilldoya',

gratefulabe

Hold the button down for 5 seconds, scroll to 166 and press it to enter the settings menu. Push down to click through the parameters until it says APo, then turn it to how many minutes you want or to off. It’s in the supplemental manual, available in their website

Top Bottom