Auber Enail Discussion

YabbaDABBAdo

Under access code 177 change IEG to 100 and your unit should work properly at high temperatures.

You'll also want to change your IEG to 100 if you're having problems reaching high temps for cleaning. Also, changing the I value from 60 to 30 while keeping the P value at 125 helps to get up to temp more quickly and keep the temp more stable. I find dropping P value tends to make the temps less stable during dabs but I'm sure that's different with barrel coils. Dropping I from 60 to 30 will make you over-shoot 15 - 20 degrees when heating up but it'll drop back down to the set temp very quickly due to the lower I value.

Edit: did you ever find a base for your dish?

@MileHighLife hey I am owner of an RDK 300 I'm having a problem with temperature drop on each dab no matter the size now a drop of ~20° now after some adjustment and usually 25 to 30°

my set up is the rdk300 flat coil dnail Sic dish sapphire insert slim series nail

current settings for the best result and drop of 20°

under code 155- PSL-1.13 and HL-900

under code 166- P-, I-50, D-35,OTH-100

under code 177- PEG-off , IEG-140

these have been my adjustments from the Settings that @jojo monkey has helped me with so far

and @Monsoon I see you said you have the halo just wondering what settings you are under and what type of temperature drop you get when you take a dab

to anyone on this page that has the same set up I have or a similar one please let me know what settings you are under

thanks so much to everyone so far

YabbaDABBAdo

Still have the Halo but now using the Liger 30mm as my daily driver and the RDK300 was a gift to a friend.

Do you remeber the temperature drop if there was one? I am have 20°+ drop in temperature from set temp when placing aany amount of material

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Baron23

I contacted auber and they told me to adujsut the p value from 125 to 100 and if that didn't work go down to 70 and I must say 70 seems to be pretty nice. The temp drops 10/15 degrees when an average hit is taken, also to add when I dab at first it stays steady at temp for a few seconds and then drops 10/15* but when it drops it almost automatically rises back to the set temperature within 5-8 seconds, then stays steady while pulling and rise maybe 5* after hit.

@YabbaDABBAdo - what happened to this ^^. A 10/15 drop followed by a quick recovery is take it to the bank time, IMO.

Do you still know the settings you used to get this result?

I would set them up again and forget about it.

YabbaDABBAdo

@YabbaDABBAdo - what happened to this ^^. A 10/15 drop followed by a quick recovery is take it to the bank time, IMO.

Do you still know the settings you used to get this result?

I would set them up again and forget about it.

yea that setting was P-70,I-60,D-10, with no other values adjusted but it would not let the temp rise above 700° for the sapphire and I called them back for a correction they told me to adjust the i and d vale leaving the p the same and it would not stable out at any temp then just keep fluctuating temp 80+ or - set temp of 765°

but I have found another access code under 177 and I have no clue what that means yet but I've been messing with it and I am now back to about a 20° drop with just messing with the settings yet I am writing down what I set on each setting and a slight description so I know what settings have been the best

i'm honestly not one to give up on things that's why i am still at this and i would get another unit but the key and main feature i need is an auto shut off i have some issues that make it a very important point of sale

damm

yea that setting was P-70,I-60,D-10, with no other values adjusted but it would not let the temp rise above 700° for the sapphire and I called them back for a correction they told me to adjust the i and d vale leaving the p the same and it would not stable out at any temp then just keep fluctuating temp 80+ or - set temp of 765°

but I have found another access code under 177 and I have no clue what that means yet but I've been messing with it and I am now back to about a 20° drop with just messing with the settings yet I am writing down what I set on each setting and a slight description so I know what settings have been the best

i'm honestly not one to give up on things that's why i am still at this and i would get another unit but the key and main feature i need is an auto shut off i have some issues that make it a very important point of sale

What coil are you using with this? I noticed a 20 degree drop with a D-Nail Extended Life Flat coil on my RDK-300 (on the Halo SiC Dish) so I swapped it back for my Auber Flat coil until I play with the settings you mentioned.

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey guys sorry for basically dropping off the map, I got pneumonia and was in the hospital for 3 weeks just now getting back to normal and only way for me to medicate was friends sneaking me in edibles but still wasn't enough so I had to go back on all my narcotics and after I got out of the hospital it was hard for me to even vape, but now finally back to dabbing

Now back to the same issue I have had since the beginning I had been messing with the settings the entire time before I got sick and now after same issue no matter what settings I put it on I have found that I get a 15 to 20° drop in temperature on placement of dab and then a recovery of about 10 seconds to back to set temp and a few degrees higher after talking to @jojo monkey he set me on the right path and from there I have messed around with the settings even more to no unvale I still get a 20° drop in temperature with every setting I tried but the best settings I have found are P – 125, I-12, D-25 with the settings I still get a 15 to 20° drop in temperature but it stables back out with in 5 to 8 seconds and then overshoots about 10° then back down to set temperature i'm currently at 580° and I get A great dab super flavorful and a huge hit and very little leftover residue to wipe with a Q-tip,

But I'm still stumped and pissed cause no matter what I do with this I get the same result

When did you purchase the auber I'm wondering if it's a bad batch or a bad batch of coils?
Mine was purchased in the beginning on January

I'm using the auber flat coil and dnail sic halo slim series nail

damm

Hey guys sorry for basically dropping off the map, I got pneumonia and was in the hospital for 3 weeks just now getting back to normal and only way for me to medicate was friends sneaking me in edibles but still wasn't enough so I had to go back on all my narcotics and after I got out of the hospital it was hard for me to even vape, but now finally back to dabbing
Hope you feel better
Now back to the same issue I have had since the beginning I had been messing with the settings the entire time before I got sick and now after same issue no matter what settings I put it on I have found that I get a 15 to 20° drop in temperature on placement of dab and then a recovery of about 10 seconds to back to set temp and a few degrees higher after talking to @jojo monkey he set me on the right path and from there I have messed around with the settings even more to no unvale I still get a 20° drop in temperature with every setting I tried but the best settings I have found are P – 125, I-12, D-25 with the settings I still get a 15 to 20° drop in temperature but it stables back out with in 5 to 8 seconds and then overshoots about 10° then back down to set temperature i'm currently at 580° and I get A great dab super flavorful and a huge hit and very little leftover residue to wipe with a Q-tip,

But I'm still stumped and pissed cause no matter what I do with this I get the same result

When did you purchase the auber I'm wondering if it's a bad batch or a bad batch of coils?
Mine was purchased in the beginning on January
I got mine in Feb. Purchased from Auber Directly
I'm using the auber flat coil and dnail sic halo slim series nail

Oh heck I swapped out the D-Nail for the Flat coil I had from Auber and I was using it with the factory default settings without a problem.

When I dabbed it would drop about 12-15f (depending on the size of the dab) and it would after a moment start to climb back up and overshoot by about 5-8 degree's.

Had it at 530; dabbed some BHO Shatter and some Hydrocarbon Sugar Resin without a problem. Very little residue very nice cleanup

I wasn't expecting a lot of flavor from the shatter but much better than my banger was doing for flavor.

Yes D-Nail SiC Halo slim series nail using the 3-way adapter to connect to my 14mm. I don't have the new Insulator

reskey

@YabbaDABBAdo

My settings:

under code 166- P-100, I-60, D-10, OTH-100

under code 177- PEG-off , IEG-80

I am rarely hitting anything but rosin these days. The quality of shatter around my parts isn't worth it. That means I am well under your temps, so I am not sure my setting will make a difference.

I had the typical cap and drop temp swings, and the above settings seemed to help. I also stopped caring about the temp swing. I even tried setting the temp higher than normal and simply powering off, different that's all.

Btw, right before my coil went bad, I started having wild temp swings.

damm

@YabbaDABBAdo

My settings:

under code 166- P-100, I-60, D-10, OTH-100

under code 177- PEG-off , IEG-80

I am rarely hitting anything but rosin these days. The quality of shatter around my parts isn't worth it. That means I am well under your temps, so I am not sure my setting will make a difference.

I had the typical cap and drop temp swings, and the above settings seemed to help. I also stopped caring about the temp swing. I even tried setting the temp higher than normal and simply powering off, different that's all.

Btw, right before my coil went bad, I started having wild temp swings.

Where did you get the manual for code 155 and 177? I was looking over http://auberins.com/images/Manual/RDK 100W_supplementary.pdf and didn't see it listed.

Thanks

damm

Awesome so I was able to get a PSL of 1.4 (ish) it's under 10 degree's off so eh. Now I can't get it to stick on the temp; it seems to get up to say 530 and it'll drop under by 15 degree's and it'll start heating up and then overshoot

So reducing the P didn't help; nor did changing it really. nor did I

didn't change d I don't think it would change anything? getting close to making this D-Nail Flat coil work on the RDK-300... close temps just if it would stop overshooting and undershooting

Edit: so is anyone else using a D-Nail coil or a different coil with their Auber successfully? if so what are your settings that helped?

I imagine my dabbing will change as I applied the stock PSL to my Auber Flat coil when I reset it.

Last edited:

YabbaDABBAdo

I'm still at the same point you are I have talked to them on the phone and I have all the codes haven't messed with the PSL so I'm trying that now but any PID changes I made had no real effect still a temperature drop of 15 to 20° and and overshoot of a few degrees which I don't mind at this point in time I am in the market for a better controller unsure of what to go with though

YabbaDABBAdo,

damm

I'm still at the same point you are I have talked to them on the phone and I have all the codes haven't messed with the PSL so I'm trying that now but any PID changes I made had no real effect still a temperature drop of 15 to 20° and and overshoot of a few degrees which I don't mind at this point in time I am in the market for a better controller unsure of what to go with though

At this point I'd opt for a cheap D-Nail controller just because I am trying to use their flat coil and eh would hope it would just work. Unfortunately they are not cheap, 400$ is a bit much just for a box (350$ for the scratch and dent, 200$ for the DIY)

So in the mean time I think resetting my controller back to where it was (I believe I did with the IEG) and everything.

I don't mind when I dab having a temp drop of 9-15 degree's because you are dropping a cold dab onto a hot surface. You should expect a little temp drop

YabbaDABBAdo

I don't mind when I dab having a temp drop of 9-15 degree's because you are dropping a cold dab onto a hot surface. You should expect a little temp drop
I expecte that also, but the average drop in temp I am seeing is 20°+ on a small dab. From everything I have read told and experienced a 10- 15° Drop in temp is normal and I agree but 20°+ drop from a small still seems too much but maybe I'm completely wrong

YabbaDABBAdo,

damm

I expecte that also, but the average drop in temp I am seeing is 20°+ on a small dab. From everything I have read told and experienced a 10- 15° Drop in temp is normal and I agree but 20°+ drop from a small still seems too much but maybe I'm completely wrong

No I think you are right. If I had a D-Nail controller I'd love to see if this flat coil acts as badly on their hardware; if that's the case it's the coil. It's never been used to it's not the best idea to assume it's working. With no PSL set it to 530 and it jumps to 560-570 and then down to 510 and then climbs back up to 600 and then down to 520 and then up to 570

The temp with the PSL 1.4 is pretty close when I have a K Thermocouple attached to the flat coil; it just won't sit still.

My Auber Flat coil sits still

shredder

No I think you are right. If I had a D-Nail controller I'd love to see if this flat coil acts as badly on their hardware; if that's the case it's the coil. It's never been used to it's not the best idea to assume it's working. With no PSL set it to 530 and it jumps to 560-570 and then down to 510 and then climbs back up to 600 and then down to 520 and then up to 570

The temp with the PSL 1.4 is pretty close when I have a K Thermocouple attached to the flat coil; it just won't sit still.

My Auber Flat coil sits still

Not sure if this will help, but I have a thick ass glass pid controler (they had two at tag, i bought the $159 model) with a sic dnail and flat coil heater. The tag controler is an omron.

I get drops about 8-10 degrees, and it overshoots 1-2 degrees at times, but not always. I think adding the cooler carb cap drops temps more than the actual dab. But it seems fine for what I'm doing, and the recovery seems quick to me.

shredder,

damm

Not sure if this will help, but I have a thick ass glass pid controler (they had two at tag, i bought the $159 model) with a sic dnail and flat coil heater. The tag controler is an omron.

I get drops about 8-10 degrees, and it overshoots 1-2 degrees at times, but not always. I think adding the cooler carb cap drops temps more than the actual dab. But it seems fine for what I'm doing, and the recovery seems quick to me.

You haven't had to fiddle at all with the coil? Yeah I wish I had a D-Nail box to test this on because I am suspecting it's the coil. Never been used; Extended Life Flat Coil so it could be DOA from the beginning. How would I know?

shredder

You haven't had to fiddle at all with the coil? Yeah I wish I had a D-Nail box to test this on because I am suspecting it's the coil. Never been used; Extended Life Flat Coil so it could be DOA from the beginning. How would I know?

No fiddling, just plug and play. I did down load a huge operating manual, for the controller, that I thankfully havnt needed. It came already set up.

I guess to know you need another coil or PID.

shredder,

damm

No fiddling, just plug and play. I did down load a huge operating manual, for the controller, that I thankfully havnt needed. It came already set up.

I guess to know you need another coil or PID.
Word; another user has recently picked up a D-Nail flat coil with the RDK-300 if his works with plug and play I will contact D-nail for a replacement.

Is there a good test to determine if your coils are faulty? or a checklist even? maybe a good post if we don't have anything on it.

Monsoon

It's definitely your coil, had 2 or 3 die on me so far and they all gave wacky temp readings like that.

damm

It's definitely your coil, had 2 or 3 die on me so far and they all gave wacky temp readings like that.
They seem to think the pinout is wrong. I'm going to f/u on the email and let you know my findings.

damm,

explanga

Any news on this? I had a chance during sale and as whole kit to spend 60 more and get D-Nail DIY and flat coil. I didn't though as I didn't really want to put it together, and black anodized aluminum enclosure plus auto-off appeal to me. Reading this thread is making me question the 300... I would expect some drop, yes, and then a steady quick adjustment. I would expect the same overshoot as heating up.

Anyone tried the MaxVapor enail?

explanga,

Baron23

Any news on this? I had a chance during sale and as whole kit to spend 60 more and get D-Nail DIY and flat coil. I didn't though as I didn't really want to put it together, and black anodized aluminum enclosure plus auto-off appeal to me. Reading this thread is making me question the 300... I would expect some drop, yes, and then a steady quick adjustment. I would expect the same overshoot as heating up.

Anyone tried the MaxVapor enail?
I own an Auber 300 and know a few others who do also and believe that @damm's experience is not related to a design defect in his Auber but perhaps a bad coil. The Auber seems to have a very good stabilization algorithm and I like the unit a lot. I run it with both Auber and D-nail coils. I did have an Auber 20mm coil go bad while still under warranty (just wouldn't heat up) and they replaced it without issue.

Just my view...Auber is a very good controller for its price.

Baron23,
Top Bottom