Athlete Vaporists?

lwien

Now if I could only stop sweating at night :(

I have no idea if you have this issue, but you may want to check this out.

I had night sweats too off and on for quite awhile. When I went in for my annual check up about 6 years ago, the doctor came back and said that I had a raging bladder infection going on. I was like, whoa, I was totally asymptomatic. No pain anywhere. No fever. No chills. Nothing. Anyway, he said that there are those that can have infections such as this and be totally asymptomatic. They put my in Cipro (hard core antibiotic) for 10 days. And...........whala...........two days later.....night sweats disappeared and have not come back since.

Just an fyi........

lwien,

Jurassic

Thanks Lwien, I don't think it's that. It's one of the most common withdrawl symptoms of cannabis cessation, in addition to insomnia (which I too am suffering from greatly). If I vape, I sleep and I don't sweat at all, not a drop. If I don't vape I don't sleep, and I get super hot and sweat like a bitch! It's getting better I think, and usually disappears after a month. Lesson, I will not vape like I used to ever again!

I also would have frequent bathroom breaks in the night while I was vaping alot and it woke me up usually at 3am. Now that I don't vape, that doesn't happen anymore.

I also noticed my temperature regulation was all out of whack when I first started my break, and i'd get really cold easily especially in a/c environment. That doesn't happen anymore either.

Fine like between use and abuse, and I crossed it big time. Never again.

Jurassic,

lwien

Good for you. It is a fine line and being able to see it and then having the fortitude to do something about it is commendable, to say the least. :tup:

Didn't know you were going through cannabis withdrawal. While no where near as uncomfortable as opiate withdrawals, for many, they exist, nonetheless. Good for you in seeing this thru. Moderation is key, in just about everything.

Jurassic

Thanks Lwien, I really appreciate it. Definitely agree on moderation... it makes it SO much better. Back to our regularily scheduled athletic programming :) I think the Jamaican relay team might be setting a new record shortly!

lwien

I think the Jamaican relay team might be setting a new record shortly!

If so, triple gold for Bolt and Jamaica will go totally insane. :clap:

He's doing for track what Ali did for boxing, and doing it in much the same way.

LOVE how he messes around with the volunteers on the track. It brings such a smile to their faces.

Remember their bobsled team years ago?

I visited Jamaica about 12 years ago and besides the awful humid weather, I came back with some GREAT memories of that place. Bolt is just an extension of a people with such a great sense of humor and who puts "fun" at the top of their priority list.

neve13

i think i overmedicated.
You got that right! I like to dab before my bike rides. Paired with my music it's like a permanent runners high!

neve13,

neve13

i think i overmedicated.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, I gotta stop reading this thread on a T-break....lol

ahhh bummer man! good for you though, it's tough but you'll be glad you did in the end. especially if you pull the trigger on that cloud! ou'll end up on Jupiter!
i'd like to take a t-break but the nerve pain i experience gets unbearable so i have to medicate. my other options are pretty limited!

neve13,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Getting back on the trails very soon after taking time off to deal with a medical issue (which vaporizing helped me deal with quite well, by the way). Can't wait to vape my nuts off and run free in the mountains!

Cheers, my friends!

Vapinghole,
Reactions: lwien

Corrosive

New member here, just thought I'd add that I'm a B-boy (Breakdancer to those not in the know :p), have been for 11 years, carries a lot of conditioning with it as well as the hardcore training practice. I've been vaping after every session (and sometimes before) for over a year now :) Great for the muscles allowing sleep and also wake up feeling better.

Currently using Arizer Solo portable as our main vape, the best we've ever had.

Past vapes were

Cheaper vape brothers style we've all seen, brown box with red digi readout. - did it's job.
Iolite portable - meh
Extreme Q - decent but needs too much green in there to get a good buzz.

Now sold all of the above.

Solo is epic, took it to Amsterdam, had a blast.

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Getting back on the trails very soon after taking time off to deal with a medical issue (which vaporizing helped me deal with quite well, by the way). Can't wait to vape my nuts off and run free in the mountains!

Cheers, my friends!

Great news indeed.

I also am doing my first run in months. A half marathon tomorrow, it will be an easy run with my sis.

I have been on bicycle tour for the past two months. Rode by myself for over 3600 miles across the United States. Got to see some new cities and meet some new faces. Camped every day, so now my bed is calling.

My barely working wispr got me all the way through it. I relied on it multiple times a day.

Good to be back with some desk vapes!

lwien

Cheers, my friends!

"Run free in the mountains" sounds like soooooo much fun. :D

Great news indeed.

I also am doing my first run in months. A half marathon tomorrow, it will be an easy run with my sis.

I have been on bicycle tour for the past two months. Rode by myself for over 3600 miles across the United States. Got to see some new cities and meet some new faces. Camped every day, so now my bed is calling.

My barely working wispr got me all the way through it. I relied on it multiple times a day.

Good to be back with some desk vapes!

Grats on getting back to running. Wow........bike across the US. An adventure never to be forgotten. I envy you..... :nod:.

lwien,

X24

I forget if I already threw my answer in this thread, but...

I run most days (even if it's only a little some days), am around 5% body fat and stay in as good of shape as possible. Vape every night and on the weekends. I think it's a fantastic way to relax the muscles and the mind after being productive all day.

In all honesty, if not for my two favorite drugs, I think I'd be a worse person (and athlete). Caffeine and Cannabis <3.

runandvape

I forget if I already threw my answer in this thread, but...

I run most days (even if it's only a little some days), am around 5% body fat and stay in as good of shape as possible. Vape every night and on the weekends. I think it's a fantastic way to relax the muscles and the mind after being productive all day.

In all honesty, if not for my two favorite drugs, I think I'd be a worse person (and athlete). Caffeine and Cannabis <3.

This couldn't be more true for me as well. I am a decent distance runner, and run 70-80 miles per week and run for a locally sponsored club team. The only way thus far I have found to minimize any breathing side effects is to rock real low heat and run my set up through water. I think my MFLB may be on the market soon because it hits a little hard. The last weekend I set an 8k best in 27:40, and my other bests are 253 for the maraton, 118 for the half marathon 34:17 for 10k and 16:21 for 5k. I would love to hear how you other runners manage the slight discomfort of vaporization. . . . It would be cool to go for a run with a fellow vaperunner.

runandvape,

lwien

So to all you runners out there, what's your favorite brand of shoes for training.

For me, currently (past 10 years), it's been Mizuno. Prior to that, it was Brooks, Saucony and New Balance, but since making the switch to Mizuno, I don't think I'll ever change. They just have a certain responsive feeling to them that I haven't experienced in any other shoe. And SUPER comfy.

runandvape

So to all you runners out there, what's your favorite brand of shoes for training.

For me, currently (past 10 years), it's been Mizuno. Prior to that, it was Brooks, Saucony and New Balance, but since making the switch to Mizuno, I don't think I'll ever change. They just have a certain responsive feeling to them that I haven't experienced in any other shoe. And SUPER comfy.

In spite of my objections to to a lot of things that Nike does, I am a loyal Nike runner. Right now rocking pegasus 29s, Speed ltes, Zoom XC, and Flyknits. Of course I am neurotic about shoes. I know a ton of people who swear by the mizuno wave universe. Great shoe. I get a good hook up on New Balance stuff, but I get back problems when I wear them :/

runandvape,

lwien

Yeah, I was plagued by AT (achilles tendonitis) for years. The only shoe that helped to alleviate the problem were Mizuno's. Currently running in the Nirvana's. Since I made the switch, it has never returned. (oooops………….I need some wood to knock on…….quick !!)

lwien,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
For my road shoes, it's Mizuno. I was all about Saucony, but I tried Mizunos and was duly impressed. For my trail shoes, I use Merrill Trail Gloves.

Vapinghole,

BlazedRunner

run high
I run barefoot. I have a reputation in my club for not only being barefoot, but openly getting high. Funny thing is, several of the best guys in my club medicate. I just vaped and ran 16 miles today. Nice and easy. I love doing my long runs high. Actually I like doing all my runs high. Like elevation it's train high and race low, as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I feel a bit sluggish, but I kinda like that feeling. It's that lazy feeling like at the end of the marathon, but without as much pain. Just falling through that lazy feeling and let the running do itself. I love that.

I think that's how you can really tell if you're a runner. If getting high makes you feel like going for a run!

runandvape

Ahhh…..to be young and blessed with good feet. If I tried to run barefoot, they would have to pick me up in a wheelchair about a half mile down the road.

I definitely can get away with a pre-run vape on my easy days, but for something like a workout (did 80 minutes esay running followed by a 30 min tempo on sunday for about 18 total) I don't think I would be able to stay mentally engaged enough to push it hard during the tempo portin. I run about 15% of my mileage a week barefoot (on grass). I am still struggling with the feeling that my MFLB is just to harsh on my lungs. I am considering getting an additional carbon filter for my waterpipe, but I am destined to vape like a weenie.

runandvape,
Top Bottom