Athlete Vaporists?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
oh, i'm breathless and giddy ... my new Nordic Track Pro has arrived! i hadn't even decided on the yoga channel to start using (sometimes i take a while deciding), but problem solved!!!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I've got a close friend who does weight lifting and even does competitions where he rocks his age division. Anyway, he started vaping after I sold him an LSV for fresh eggs and now he Vapes when training. He would do it for competing, too, but obviously it's not allowed.

He tells me it gives him a very distinct advantage. It helps him focus mentally in a way he can't normally do so easily. It gives him positive thoughts and relaxes nerves, too. He doesn't need a lot, either.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I went off the rails at Thanksgiving and haven't gotten back on yet. Happens every few years and I don't fight it.

Stopped running and strength training and gave the middle finger to my usual chicken breast, whole wheat bread and veggies. Replaced the exercise with chocolate, crusty bread, red meat, honey baked ham, video games, cookies, ice cream, smoked pulled pork, pizza, red beans and rice and so much more.

Whenever I fall off the exercise wagon during the holidays this way it's the new year and my annual 15K race, (Gate River Run), that gets me back on track. Been running this race every year for 15 years straight and I use that race to gauge my overall health as I age. If the day ever comes that I can't train for it or can't finish that race I know something is seriously wrong and it's time to hit up the doctor. If I'm not already in shape training MUST start on New Years day if I want to enjoy the race on 3/10. Basically 10 weeks.

Loaded up some new running music yesterday, will eat everything bad that's left by the end of today (or throw it out) and get that first 5k in tomorrow.

In case anyone else is interested in starting a running program or wants to fine tune one, the following is my favorite web site. Plenty of running insights for the novice on up including FREE downloadable training programs.

http://www.halhigdon.com/

His_Highness

I went off the rails at Thanksgiving and haven't gotten back on yet. Happens every few years and I don't fight it.

Whenever I fall off the exercise wagon during the holidays this way it's the new year and my annual 15K race, (Gate River Run), that gets me back on track. Been running this race every year for 15 years straight and I use that race to gauge my overall health as I age. If I'm not already in shape training MUST start on New Years day if I want to enjoy the race on 3/10. Basically 10 weeks.

Ran three 5k's this week as I get back into the swing. Mon., Wed., Fri. Unfortunately Florida got hit with freezing temps so I've been using the "Dreadmill". I hate the treadmill compared to road running. Temps are supposed to get back to normal this week though. One of my favorite times of year to run. Sunny and cold......but not freezing.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I'm an outdoorsperson who loves to get ripped before and during vigorous exercise. In fact, I typically only get stoned during the day time if I am headed out on my bike, xc skis, snowshoes or mountain hiking. I live in the mountains and my second home is in remote northern coastal Canada. I've done many ascents, particularly winter ascents, stoned out of my gourd. On my bike, I pedal up the fairly steep mountain notches, stopping only for a vape toke or two. Now its ski season and I head out to the world-class xc facility nearby, with my vape in an insulated case. I've already clocked 15 days on xc skiing this season and four full days this week. On the last day I took one toke and then skied in the slickest glidingest tracks of the year. Then off to the local microbrew for a fabulous lunch-sized portion of their own smoky ribs. Then back to the xc touring center with its over 100k of trails. Took the Crafty with me, the glide was amazing, I'm in decent condition, and so for the first time in my life I imagined that I was a real athlete!

I feel so much better since I started vaping two plus years ago vrs. joints and pipes. I genuinely wonder if this is one of the reasons I'm making so much progress in my athleticism.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I'm an outdoorsperson who loves to get ripped before and during vigorous exercise. In fact, I typically only get stoned during the day time if I am headed out on my bike, xc skis, snowshoes or mountain hiking. I live in the mountains and my second home is in remote northern coastal Canada. I've done many ascents, particularly winter ascents, stoned out of my gourd. On my bike, I pedal up the fairly steep mountain notches, stopping only for a vape toke or two. Now its ski season and I head out to the world-class xc facility nearby, with my vape in an insulated case. I've already clocked 15 days on xc skiing this season and four full days this week. On the last day I took one toke and then skied in the slickest glidingest tracks of the year. Then off to the local microbrew for a fabulous lunch-sized portion of their own smoky ribs. Then back to the xc touring center with its over 100k of trails. Took the Crafty with me, the glide was amazing, I'm in decent condition, and so for the first time in my life I imagined that I was a real athlete!

I feel so much better since I started vaping two plus years ago vrs. joints and pipes. I genuinely wonder if this is one of the reasons I'm making so much progress in my athleticism.

Right on, my friend! Good to have you here. Vape on! :rockon:

hinglemccringleberry

l417paE.jpg
staples

Last edited:

Helios

My buddy and I Were up in Killington VT recently rippin on the shlopes, nothing like a few vapcap rips on the lift, I love skiing with a lil buzz, the clean Mountain air and some tunes nothing else matters at that moment.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Wow a 6 year old post, figured I might as well join!

Vaping is like a second hobby beside music production to me! In day stuff I play football (soccer) here in Denmark at the professional level. I've played in Brazil, Portugal, the Netherlands and in Denmark.

Smoking would destroy my lungs and vaping while going for a daily run is great! Or getting a little baked at low temp before a gym session! Couldn't do this if I were smoking. I do about 10 sessions a week at the gym or in the field.

Go vapes!!

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Wow a 6 year old post, figured I might as well join!

Vaping is like a second hobby beside music production to me! In day stuff I play football (soccer) here in Denmark at the professional level. I've played in Brazil, Portugal, the Netherlands and in Denmark.

Smoking would destroy my lungs and vaping while going for a daily run is great! Or getting a little baked at low temp before a gym session! Couldn't do this if I were smoking. I do about 10 sessions a week at the gym or in the field.

Go vapes!!
But how does vaping affect your play? My skill level in basketball always went way down when high. On shrooms the passing lanes became more interesting but I still sucked.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I never play while high. My performance definitely drops as I zone out a bit too much. I've yet to train and trip before, though I want to try a low dose so I can better analyze my form and technique in just a nice solo 2 hour training session.

EverythingsHazy

Do any of you guys practice MMA or any other martial art forms?

If so, how do you feel a Cannabis buzz affects the different aspects? I feel like being buzzed might work well with BJJ, since being loose, relaxed, and creative, are all beneficial. I'm not as sure that it helps with striking, since there's a lot of fast reflex and muscle memory involved, and I don't think it would help much with wrestling, since it's so physically demanding.

Also, regardless of whether or not being buzzed works well with martial arts performance, I do believe that Cannabis helps mitigate any concussive brain damage that one may experience from fighting.

His_Highness

Trained in Shotokan (Japanese), Tae Kwan Do (Korean) and Kung Fu (Chinese). Wrestled in high school.

Didn't get high when I wrestled because I knew I'd be thrown off the team but the top two wrestlers on the team were always high. They were high during training and competitions. They both went undefeated senior year. Couldn't get past junior varsity till they graduated. They weren't heavily muscled but they were smooth and amazingly fast physically and mentally. To be that fast your mind and body has to be at peak performance. Getting high sure didn't hurt their performance.

Other than wrestling I trained and competed high at least half the time. I only trained in "traditional" studios/styles where the history, culture and respect of the art was valued as much as the ability to hone the mind and body connections needed to protect yourself. In some cases you could trace the lineage of the art back 100's of years. I mention the traditional aspect because getting caught high in some of the places I trained would be considered disrespectful, dishonorable. I justified the disrespect of training high by telling myself that I was high half the time in real life and in order to have the right mind and body reactions I should train in a similar state. I wish there was vaping back then because my buzz breath was kicking and I was breathing pretty heavy at times and got a very respectful request from a head master to cut it out.

The Good:
- Internal power (not depending on muscle as much as technique) was easier to generate when I was high. I was taught that using your hip to generate the speed/power for a strike or kick meant relaxing the muscles completely until contact was made. Techniques like not tensing up till contact were always harder for me when I wasn't high. I run long distances for exercise now and find getting high before long runs allows me to relax into the run the same way.
- External power (100's of kicks, strikes, holds done repetitively on each side till no muscle strength is left) was also easier because I was more mentally and physically relaxed and it would take longer to break me down.
- When I trained on my own I would get buzzed, crank up some heavy metal and just get creative. Broke up the monotony and allowed the serious mindfulness to take a back seat and let the fun in. Doing forms/kata to music was great when I was high.

The Bad:
- Learning new complex techniques, forms, kata, etc. was an absolute bitch when I was seriously high.
- Competitions were hit and miss. Sometimes getting high for competitions backfired because I couldn't stop over-thinking and at other times I would be in the zone. I eventually stopped getting high for competitions but would still occasionally get high for belt exams.
- As I mentioned above...respect for the art and it's practitioners was huge and getting high was considered disrespectful.

You're mileage may vary ;-)

Last edited:

Danksta

I've got a close friend who does weight lifting and even does competitions where he rocks his age division. Anyway, he started vaping after I sold him an LSV for fresh eggs and now he Vapes when training. He would do it for competing, too, but obviously it's not allowed.

He tells me it gives him a very distinct advantage. It helps him focus mentally in a way he can't normally do so easily. It gives him positive thoughts and relaxes nerves, too. He doesn't need a lot, either.

Lifting and vaping goes really well together.

The vaping helps me focus on my form and take my time.

The lifting has beneficial effects to the vaping. Keep vaping, keep lifting, keep getting higher.

I don't find running while high nearly as rewarding.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
High Everyone!

Feeling nostalgic as I recently hit my 6th anniversary on FC which means six years fucking combustion for me.

I started this thread almost six years ago. I’m delighted and humbled by the contributions since then. (EDIT: Special thanks to @His_Highness )

Thank you all for helping better my life.

Cheers!
Vaponghole

*hits Evolver Hydracirc on top of ticker Cloud*

Top Bottom