At what temperature would a 70/30 sativa start exhibiting indica effects?

Straight tube or beaker bong: which is your preferred style?

• Beaker

• Straight-tube

• Why the fuck do they call them beaker bongs when scientific beakers are flat? It’s flask-style

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
You'll probably hear a lot about how sativa/indica is proper debunked and it's the terpene profile that really matters. Also Higher temps / CBN conversion lean heavy
I'll see your leaf shape myth and raise you another one about magic temperatures:

I think effect can differ at different temperatures but I don't think you're going to find an exact setting for you vape from this thread.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I'll see your leaf shape myth and raise you another one about magic temperatures:

I think effect can differ at different temperatures but I don't think you're going to find an exact setting for you vape from this thread.
I’ve found it, and it’s 438° F

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
You'll probably hear a lot about how sativa/indica is proper debunked and it's the terpene profile that really matters. Also Higher temps / CBN conversion lean heavy
Tbh someone should mention that to dispensaries because I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked up something labeled sativa or indica and it’s either a hybrid or the opposite entirely.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

GoldenBud

yeah indica/sativa is very complicated to know, depends which pheno is selected etc'
if you know for sure your buds from that specific pheno has limonene or pinene more than myrcene it could be a sativa yeah
it's not even strain related, it's a specific pheno related

kimura

Even terpene profile doesn’t tell the whole story of how effects manifest. There is way more going on in there than what shows up on the labels, which is almost entirely a marketing tool at this point. Only way to really know how it will affect you is to try it. If you like it, then you can go try related strains and see how they sit with you. Luckily, this process is fun

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, surprise poll because why not

Referring to the poll in particular, I don't like any bongs for vapes really, maybe just little ones like Biao saki bottle and other little headies... However what you refer to as beaker, in my mind does always have the flat bottom... The way you described flasks in the third option though, makes me think you were actually talking about a round bottom flask style bong?? Like an orb, might have a foot though, but yeah those are not even as common as flat bottom beaker style as far as I've seen... But yeah all of those you would tilt to hit which could be a pro or a con, depending what you want, if you want it straight standing up all the time then yeah you would want a straight tube, but I think most people for vapes would prefer the bent neck style rigs over any big bong...???

Meanwhile agree with others that the rest of your question is not possible to answer, sativa indica percentage and temp settings do not work that way unfortunately nowhere near as scientific as it may appear some places with charts etc. (Even if the info about the buds was 100% confirmed accurate there is too much variance then in the vapes and extraction to make any meaningful conclusion about the effects)

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
Referring to the poll in particular, I don't like any bongs for vapes really, maybe just little ones like Biao saki bottle and other little headies... However what you refer to as beaker, in my mind does always have the flat bottom... The way you described flasks in the third option though, makes me think you were actually talking about a round bottom flask style bong?? Like an orb, might have a foot though, but yeah those are not even as common as flat bottom beaker style as far as I've seen... But yeah all of those you would tilt to hit which could be a pro or a con, depending what you want, if you want it straight standing up all the time then yeah you would want a straight tube, but I think most people for vapes would prefer the bent neck style rigs over any big bong...???

Meanwhile agree with others that the rest of your question is not possible to answer, sativa indica percentage and temp settings do not work that way unfortunately nowhere near as scientific as it may appear some places with charts etc. (Even if the info about the buds was 100% confirmed accurate there is too much variance then in the vapes and extraction to make any meaningful conclusion about the effects)
I personally vape at temperatures >400°, so using a bong is mandatory unless I want to rupture a lung. I’m quickly learning that a lot of what I know about cannabis doesn’t apply when vaping.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I personally vape at temperatures >400°, so using a bong is mandatory unless I want to rupture a lung. I’m quickly learning that a lot of what I know about cannabis doesn’t apply when vaping.

Including the temperature mattering that much especially with water use you can use it lower I just meant bongs literally bongs is a very limited category of water piece... I have a lot of water pieces that are not bongs and are great with vapes used often lol

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
What Temperature You vape at depends what effects You want. And how complete an extraction You are after.
There are some interesting cannabinoids and terpenes at slightly higher temperatures.
Paper combusts at 228C (or 442.4F) , but Cannabis is not as dry as paper, contains resins and other compounds, and does not combust at this temperature. Unless, maybe, its dry as a bone, and you draw real hard.
The temperature at the Cannabis in the bowl is subject to so many variables it is almost imposssible to judge , accept by using the Mark One Taste Scanner, otherwise collectively known as a Mouth.(i include nasal sensors in this).
AND your device readout as a guide to prevent having to spend hours cleaning combustion Stink off off Your Glassware.
Running at slightly higher temps and getting fuller extraction has a little more effect and saves on Flower too.
Dont Eat The Yellow Snow Smoke.....

Also Indica vs. Sativa is just describes the leaf shape. All that talk about effects is a myth.
The same plants can exhibit either indica or sativa genetics if its a hybrid, and almost ALL plants these days are hybridised and will contain genetics from both. What they exhibit depends on how stable the genetics are.
Either can be grown to be more like the other but the maturation time for the tricomes is different, allowing for different ratios and types of Cannabinoids and Terpenes to develope.
There are other things that make a difference.
Important, at least to Me, is the higher levels of THCv that Sativas can have.
There is a significant difference , but Hybridisation has smudged the line.

The misinformation there is No difference between Indica and sativa apart from leaf shape seems to be a rumour propogated by the Medical Cannabis Industry, and their supposed experts, to hide the fact alot of their offerings are full of CBN, due to frequently being too old as well as damage caused to tricomes using automatic Resonator trimmers or similar, which can easily damage alot of the tricomes, triggering a degredation of THC into into CBN, instead of by hand.
U.K. Medical Cannabis Clinics are telling everyone there is no difference between Sativas and Indicas as covering excuse for low quality old, couch locking Cannabis with less THC.
When questioned about it, their lack of knowledge becomes obvious.

Petetbay

900*F combustion will get you full spectrum of effects that is possible and you’re using a bong you might as well.

Petetbay,

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
900*F combustion will get you full spectrum of effects that is possible and you’re using a bong you might as well.
Also generates alot of Benzene, and Gas washing Bottles are not perfect, you would still get some particulates.
Then there is the disgusting taste and washing the bong every time you use it so it doesnt taste even more rank.
Dont Bust ConFucktion.
............Fuck Combustion.

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I misread your post, thought it said 500° and thought “my vape can handle that” then reread it and was like “oh, 900° not so much”

DrömmenOmFrihet,

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I’m hijacking my own thread to say my bowl just broke. I’m kind of pissed, but I just bought a new one.

I think he was Removing the Micturation. :sherlock:
Although ,
If You Must Combust, just Bong it no Fuss.
It will make Your Glass Stink, in that You can trust.
And that’s why my bong is vape only. Although it’s becoming increasingly harder to clean, which sucks.

DrömmenOmFrihet,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I misread your post, thought it said 500° and thought “my vape can handle that” then reread it and was like “oh, 900° not so much”
I'm very curious which vape you are using. It sounds like you have just the one, so dialing in the temperature for your preference should be straightforward.

Grass Yes,

GoldenBud

I think I just understand what you wish @DrömmenOmFrihet
because THC levels are high today, much higher than 10-20 years ago, you want to vape mostly the terpenes and not too much the THC, like mimicing the good ole' sativa that had THC:Terpz ratio not as high as today's weed?

that's a great idea haha. you need to use low temps with slow draw.... find your low temp and hit is slow! great idea
I would make all tests with a bong that I can see when the vapor is coming.... I think.... just find the spot, let us know how it goes

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I'm very curious which vape you are using. It sounds like you have just the one, so dialing in the temperature for your preference should be straightforward.
I use an Arizer XQ2 with a DDave adapter

I think I just understand what you wish @DrömmenOmFrihet
because THC levels are high today, much higher than 10-20 years ago, you want to vape mostly the terpenes and not too much the THC, like mimicing the good ole' sativa that had THC:Terpz ratio not as high as today's weed?

that's a great idea haha. you need to use low temps with slow draw.... find your low temp and hit is slow! great idea
I would make all tests with a bong that I can see when the vapor is coming.... I think.... just find the spot, let us know how it goes
How low?

Last edited:
DrömmenOmFrihet,

bhasma

AK-47 was one of the best strains more than 20 years ago, and I doubt that it's strength (over 20% THC) has increased since then.

Hybridisation makes classification more challenging (and threatens the original varieties with extinction) but if the best Cabernet and the best Chardonnay is a Rosé then the names have lost their meaning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom