• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromed 4.0

High n Dry

So my homeboy got this vaporizer and its something else it uses a halogen light to vaporize the herb, also has a water filter bong type to a whip. hitting the whip the light gets brighter as you hit the herb, was getting pretty milky hits from it, two of us probly vaped half a gram and it got me vaked! i like it but i would not purchase it the price is steep 439.00 im perfectly fine with my PD it was nice to try a diffrent type of vaporizer tho

High n Dry,
Reactions: maxymods

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
i have been thinking that this could be a new portable idea...the fucking intense flashlight in your pocket ;)

portable aro-med style vape...click a button..the light shines(in the bowl) and you rip...seems simple enough :lol: but as all vaporizers go..thats far from the truth

:2c:
thanks for bringing up this thread man....you sparked my memory from two nights ago :ko:

:peace:

edit/// i like the sig man....very true...i always tell my friends that when i seem those pussys dropin them drops in when they have to be in "public" :disgust: personally i think eye drops fuck you over in the end...the more you use em...the more your eyes need em...so if at one you dont got em...your only gonna look worse...eyes of fire! :evil:

:p

Analogousp

I have been a smoker for many years and like all you vapers have joined the revolution! I first encountered a vaporizer at the C*nn*bis college Amsterdam. They have a big old glass machine with a ceramic element, after that I got my hands on a Volcano. Having used the college vapor a few times I was hooked, however I found the Volcano a bit smoky, make that very smoky! And I didn't like the bag, also the arbitary scale 1-9 is crap. I haven't tried the digi volcano which is supposed to be good, however the heating element contact and bag thing haven't changed and I do not believe this machine is 100% healthy. Now I did a lot of research before choosing my device and my priorities are Health and Efficiency. The Aromed wins hands down from what I have been able to gather and with regards to the price... You get what you pay for, excellent German engineering - they never break down or burn out, how easy is it to replace a light bulb? The control over the temps is amazing, you really can use this baby for all sorts, i've found camomile and liquorice root to be fantastic in staving off colds and chesty coughs. You really can set a precise temperature and boil off the specific oils you want! need the THC - not the CBD no problem 180 c want the whole lot fine go to 210. etc .. However one draw back is the fragility of the glass components, but there is really no way around using them and the water filter really does improve the experience, I have broken mine and am using the herb holder on its own and the heat of the vapors does impact on my chest. Any vaporizer without some sort of cooling is damaging. As I said I broke my water filter, I also broke my herb holder and this stopped me from being able to use the device full stop. This is where the trouble starts.. I fully reccomend the Aromed over any other vape, just be extremely careful where you buy it from - go direct to the Research Experience website, there is no online card payment from the website and this put me off and I made the mistake of going through Govtape.com what I didn't realise was that the sales team are excellent and buying directly from them with a credit card is simple. Govtape sent me a replacement part that was not original and was a different shape and design, when questioned they denied any difference, however R&E confirmed my suspicions that the design differences do matter. It cost me 60 to replace this one part from Govtape however direct from R&E it is only 20 or so. In speaking with R&E about my troubles with Govtape they have been very kind and have replaced my bowl and filter free! Don't be put off by the price, appreciate that this is a small company and you are paying for them to survive and continue to make the most efficient device around (you will make the money back in saved herbs!!) I am using less than a quarter of the amount I used to smoke saving over 100 a month plus I have the peace of mind that I haven't skimped on my lungs by buying a smoke included vaporizer for two thirds the price. Just buy spare glass parts when you order!

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Welcome to FC, Analogousp. Glad you're enjoying the AroMed! I'm sorry to be a jerk right off the bat :(, but being a picky asshole, a few things you said don't sit right with me. Maybe you can clarify some of them?

I do not believe this machine [Volcano] is 100% healthy
Do you have issues with the University of Leiden study? What is your definition of "100% healthy"?

Any vaporizer without some sort of cooling is damaging
Please elaborate.

I fully reccomend the Aromed over any other vape
Really glad you like it, but how can you say that without having used every other vape? What if someone wanted a portable?

the most efficient device around
I can think of some vapes that are likely more efficient on herb.

Haha, what a warm welcome, eh? Well we both agree that vapor is good. :D

:peace:

Beezleb

I helped a medical needs person look into this vaporizer. They ultimately chose a different vaporizer based on two main factors.

They ultimately went with another vape due to cost and they felt it was too hospital equipment like. This was a person who was not a regular user and was a person fighting cancer and did not want to reminded of hospitals.

Other than that I agree with vtac on his points.

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
HnD - So my homeboy got this vaporizer and its something else it uses a halogen light to vaporize the herb...
TY for letting us know (keep us posted)
Vtac - Nice, not many people here have tried one so It'd be great to hear more about it. Looks so medical. :D
http://www.aromed.com/en/aromed.html
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=27
You took the words out of my mouth
Vtac - Welcome to FC, Analogousp. Glad you're enjoying the AroMed! I'm sorry to be a jerk right off the bat sad, but being a picky asshole, a few things you said don't sit right with me. Maybe you can clarify some of them?
A - I second the Welcome to FC and would also appreciate some more concrete insight into your opinions if you find the time and would be so kind.
A -I first encountered a vaporizer at the C*nn*bis college Amsterdam. They have a big old glass machine with a ceramic element
That thing was huge :o (I believe there is a picture of Everett, the creator of the Verdamper) with that vape somewhere on this fourm (my guess would be the picture thread :shrug: )

I have used the Aromed a couple of years ago (was a metal box with a gooseneck, halogen light and water chamber). I imagine it was whatever model had just come out in early 2006 (I think) It worked pretty well (to the best of my recollection), but seemed delicate. I can't comment on taste because it was pretty dirty (as I recall), or heat-up time, efficiency, etc.
A - I found the Volcano a bit smoky, make that very smoky!
I would love some more concrete insight into this too if you do not mind. Couldn't you just lower the temperature :hmm: ?

I am not a fan of bags either for a few reasons, but feel they have their place in the vapor world. However, I have tried the volcano on numerous occassions and feel that it is up there with the best of them as far as vapor quality (although the Extreme competes and exceeds at half the price IMO :shrug: )

Toke it easy :cool:

Progress,

High n Dry

ive been vaping with the PD for the past 2 months so going from the restricted airflow to a whip was big, first couple hits i took it like a bong rip my mistake should have took it slow and smooth i got vaked quick the water filter cools the vapor down alot flavor is so tasty. the temp is adjustable it has a standby button you use when you lift the light off the bowl, the light gets to the temp you set it at, but if theres no airflow going the light dims until you hit it, then it lights up not to annoying, as for stealth no way whoever sees this contraption is definitely going to ask what the hell is that? so one bowl gets me pretty good 2 bowls gets me wasted like i said it was half a gram for both of us. going over to his house tonight for another session to fully get to know it

High n Dry,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This was one of my final three when choosing a vape (the other two being the Herbalaire and the Extreme). Ultimately this one lost out due to price and the look, but I still like the way it works...light bulb, water filter, etc. Their website claimed it was more efficient than other models because it had less surface area for the vapor to touch before it got to your mouth, but they were comparing it to bags, not other whip models.

I'm glad you guys like it...it looked like a good one to me.

stickstones,
Reactions: Hogni

youdontknowme

I've always been keenly interested in this vape, I'm sure it works great and would consider buying it when comparing it against any other high end vape: volcano, herbo, etc. Seen them for as low as $380 on ebay new, and $300 or so used. Their idea is very original and seems solid. Always interested in hearing more, there isn't enough about this vape on the internet just yet.

EDIT: haha, they dont drink the water: https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=18749&page=2

youdontknowme,

max

Out to lunch
Aromed's one of the best, but I don't think it'll ever get anywhere near the hype or the sales of the 'other' made in Germany vape. I guess it's partly (mostly?) due to the sleek look it doesn't have. Looks right at home in a lab or hospital though. As far as high end digital direct draw, I think it would be my choice. I've used a vape with overhead heater and I love that design.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
As max said this Quality vape looks like an hospital device so the Aromed staff change its color to let people enjoy its vape without saying i'm in a hospital....these times are more aesthetic than substantial....so they follow this trend!
I like this device....i love the old tech style it carry on....and it delivers only good vapour!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4rYQug4Mbs

marcuss,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
:hmm: hospital green vs. bright orange, honestly I'm not quite sure which is better. Couldn't they have gone with something more understated? Like a classic black or even beige? I mean like it is it just screams LOOK AT ME! and they kept the green front bezel with it :uhh: ? Colour me unimpressed in the appearance department.

Skunkypete,
Reactions: Jared

marcuss

above the clouds
lwien said:
Fugly !! A vape with an identity crisis. :rolleyes:
Not at all!
It is the same old Aromed with a red dress...i still prefer the original grey color but i really don't mind about the outer color if it is doing its work properly!
Yes max the heater above the bowl is the key to never over cook because the heat cannot go down if you don't hit.
I cannot remember who told me that the heater on the bowl it is better to obtain a richer and tastier vapor...vhw, herbo, aromed and verdamper got this feature and are all hi quailty vaporizers!

marcuss,
Reactions: Orvaxxx

lwien

marcuss said:
lwien said:
Not at all!
It is the same old Aromed with a red dress...i still prefer the original grey color but i really don't mind about the outer color if it is doing its work properly!
Yes max the heater above the bowl is the key to never over cook because the heat cannot go down if you don't hit.
I cannot remember who told me that the heater on the bowl it is better to obtain a richer and tastier vapor...vhw, herbo, aromed and verdamper got this feature and are all hi quailty vaporizers!
Guess it's all a matter of opinion. When I said that it was a vape with an identity crisis, I wasn't talking about it's function but it's aesthetics. To me..............it's fugly !! It originally looked like something that belonged in a hospital lab. Now, from an aesthetic standpoint, I don't know where it belongs ergo, identity crisis. It kinda like putting flames on a CT scanner. :|

marcuss

above the clouds
No problem man i just want to make clear that the aromed is a top vaporizer no matter the outer color....i could put some flames on a CT scanner if it works like this vape....did you have the change to try it once?
I love it but my table is crowded already...

marcuss,

tendril

lwien said:
marcuss said:
lwien said:
Not at all!
Guess it's all a matter of opinion. When I said that it was a vape with an identity crisis, I wasn't talking about it's function but it's aesthetics. To me..............it's fugly !! It originally looked like something that belonged in a hospital lab. Now, from an aesthetic standpoint, I don't know where it belongs ergo, identity crisis. It kinda like putting flames on a CT scanner. :|
I think it looks kinda cool.... like it should be in Dr Frankensteins Laboratory FTW!

tendril,

exdmd

I just ordered an Aromed 4.0 from Vapenow.com. $395 including shipping, using the 10% off code. I'll post a review when it arrives and I've had a few days to sort it out. Looks to have every feature I have been looking for except stealth, it looks just like what it is, a hospital grade vaporizer, but I can live with that.

exdmd,

exdmd

I've been enjoying the new Aromed for a few days now. I am really likeing this vape! Seems to be as economical with the herb as my Myrtlezap, but with easier draws (as easy as a bong). Gets me to where I want to be faster. Hospital grade construction, and since the heat source is far from the electronics should last very well. The glassware is a little delicate, wish they would use thicker glass and put a diffuser on the down tube, but I can deal with that. I don't use the strap to secure the bubbler to the base unit, when I need to recharge I just pick up the base unit, leaving the bubbler and herb holder on the desk.

Did I mention the taste? Glorious! You will really be able to taste your herbs. Condition of the bud is important, you need to use dry buds that crumble easily in your fingers to get maximum benefit per draw. Don't just cut up some dank sticky bud, the herb needs to be finely ground and DRY, just like with the Myrtlezap and for the same reasons. I load the chamber with a thin layer of herb, looks like 2 Myrtlezap stems full. I start the unit at 420 F to get the load hot and take one hit, then set the temp down to 400 F. You can go lower, say 375 if you just want to get the effect of just the THC, or up to 420 if a heavier stone is wanted. I sometimes finish the bowl at 440 F to make sure I have extracted all the goodness. You can load more in the bowl, but will then have to stir the load. Temperature control seems to be very repeatable. Just remember it isn't perfect, if you let the unit sit idle for awhile and then take a hit, you may not get much vapor the first hit, but you sure will on the second. Oh, and it warms up fast from cold, under two minutes when you switch it on.

The light is not annoying at all, and it is fun to watch the herb vaporize. You will see and exhale some light mist at 400 to 420 F. AT 440 F you will get a heavier mist and the burnt popcorn taste. I like the way you can load the herb holder and leave the unit on. One bowl, no more than 100 mg, will keep me baked for a few hours. I get 4-6 nice long hits off that bowl.

Cons? Well, it is not really a party vape but could be reasonably shared as long as you mind the glassware. No stealth at all. Some might not like the looks, I think it looks retro in a funky way.

I think it is worth the $395 cost. That's much less than a complete Herborizer, the closest competition in features. If you already have quality glassware you could consider a Vriptech heat wand or Herborizer XL system to use with your bong, total cost would be roughly equal or greater than the Aromed. I don't have nice glassware, when I looked at the cost of the glassware plus the Vrip or Herborizer heat source it was going to be more money than the Aromed. And I liked the features of the Aromed.

Overall I feel that this will probably be the last vaporizer I need to buy.

Top Bottom