• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Zapman and Zaplady live on too. Going through a second good winter here(this same winter) but we're almost done. Health is good and folks who want our produce just told us they want more this year. So we get to keep active in the spring and summer. Fall is fun, putting up firewood and closing the farm. Winter is different....kinda like bears do....We have a couple dogs and cats that are always laying around the wood heater which makes for chronic smiles. Vaping plenty. Losing a little weight. Laughing at ourselves alot.

Thanks again Dave and Vito for your help with old Zap customers. Nice to know our old customers have access to continued service. When we went through the SWAT fiasco, Aromazap in all forms had to go.....for our sanity. Vito was so kind to offer us any Zaps he had that were returned after his LEO experience. We did not want anything. The chapter is closed. Dave is still offering tech help besides all his UD stuff and following the dream. Vito....well, Vito is still there, as always. Mr. Dependable. Mr. Care. Mr. Chronic. Some amazing people we have met on FC over the years.

We are always amazed at how vaping has progressed. Wow! Already 6 years have passed since the Zap train was derailed by Idaho moral crusaders. Now days Idaho is losing many dollars going next door to legal recreational cannabis. Many, many dollars. Strange thing happening in legal rec States is over production. We all know what happens to consumer prices with massive supplies of what gets consumed. Could be a dark side to that though as it could eventually hurt smaller producers.

Keep on thanking and smiling in your heart, mind and soul. Absolutely essential for good health and long life. We cannot be thankful if we are resentful.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks @Rick for making an appearance.
Glad to get a little catch-up time from you right here in the Zap Thread!
Stay proud of the lives you and LadyZap have touched.
Together we got over 50 "Arizona Medical RockZaps" into the hands of patients.
I still am in touch with a couple dozen of them, and they still use their CRZs.
A couple ended up with stems too far gone to repair, but thanks to @underdog we were able to replace those for them.
It was a beautiful Chapter , and there will be more beautiful chapters.
Even the LEO thing and arrests here gave us something to learn and grow from.
Have a golden day....
This is one train that will not be derailed!
259laut.gif

Vitolo

Vaporist
SMOOTH and STEADY, SOLID AS A ROCK
Words of Rick Harlow... the Zapman.
Rick and Lady Zap have had a rough week, and could use your prayers, and support.
I've considered them closest friends, and my heart broke today when I received an email from them.

One week ago today they were home. Pat in the house, Rick up on the farm.
The youngest grandson had been shot.
Children were "playing" as with airsoft guns only this time they broke firearm safety rules which they both know automatically.
They were the only adults(except EMT, etc) who saw him at the scene.
12 gauge shotgun blast to the face.
But he is now blind. Both eyes were destroyed.
I am writing this here because Rick and Pat have SO much on their plate.
They have helped all of us here with time, tools and knowledge.
Our prayers alone are not enough.
Help us pray that the new life situation at Howling Hills Farm will stay with minimal emotional trauma.
Help us pray for inner peace and healing.
This is a young child whose life has changed permanently.
His Grandparents have been integral in the "family lifestyle" that keeps people close.
You can find their email at Rick's signature on his last post a couple posts back.
If you are moved to be in touch , then do so...please.
Realizing that their life is very complex at this time, you can write posts here also.
Rick and Pat will get to see them.
I will make them aware of every new word spoken here.
I want us all to make sure that the Family Zap's life match the words of Rick as fast as God can allow.
SMOOTH and STEADY, SOLID AS A ROCK
Thank you for reading.
Love, Vito

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

My prays are with them. Really enjoyed the great feelings and helpful info they provided. Sorry to hear bad luck as fallen on them again.

Brought back great memories, had lot fun waiting for the new zaps to drop. I really liked the way vape picture of the one you received way of sale. The zaps sent me to many a happy place.

Going pull out my variable wattage cement zap. It remind me to keep sending some postive vibes there way.

Rick

Zapman
Can't say much now but I want to get this into circulation. Both parents now have a gofundme and they will share as needed. Families are divorced/remarried so the circles are what they are.
Probably not making much sense right now.
Jades recovery will take many many months. Mike works hard and steady making good $ for North Idaho. He now has a new job, almost 24/7....with Jades mom. Mom and Dad are getting along well. Lots of heavy duty Spiritual stuff going on. Heavy....Cosmic........coincidence, no way.
I'll be back to get some more of the story out. For now know it was a miracle. Period. We are a VERY lucky family in that there was no funeral. Big changes for us all. Always be thankful every moment of every day if you can. Also remember you cannot be thankful if you also have resentment. They do not work together.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and dollars if inclined. This one is done by Mikes side of the Family. Daughter in law is a NPR media gal is why the editing is what it is. Mike is a very strong man but he is not so strong now.

https://www.gofundme.com/jade-harlow-recovery-family-fund

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone, I've been in touch with Rick and while I posted this info in the Underdog thread I wanted to put it here too.

Rick and family are doing good, very busy supporting Jade and his parents and siblings. He's not able to post on FC now (too much on his plate) and for the most part probably won't be able to answer messages anytime in the near future either. That said he is seeing them and they are helpful and very much appreciated. I think it's very important during times like this that people know they aren't alone and that all of us are thinking of them so lets keep up the good work.

Jade himself is doing very well, if not a bit pissed off that he's now blind. I can hardly imagine how difficult an adjustment suddenly being blind would be, and for a young teenager even more so. IMO it's pretty amazing that he's had such a positive outlook and has fought for recovery. You're the man Jade, keep up the good work!

If any one wants to donate to Jade's recovery fund but can't use a credit card to contribute to Jade's GoFundMe Campaign please contact myself or Underdogette and we can give you Rick's email for PayPal, don't want to post it publicly and have them get spammed by bots.

Thanks for reading and thanks for all the help everyone has given the family to date.. you all make me proud to be a part of this community. :bowdown:

Rick

Zapman
My apologies for not getting back quicker.
Very hard to talk about family pain. Like yesterday.....Jade had to go back to Sacred Heart for an appointment with the brain surgeon. Jade.."Are you going to put new eyes in me that work"...then came the blunt truthful answer......Much much sobbing with Jade and parents who all knew but the direct answer from the man in the white coat was......well, it was what it was. Things that have to happen as the recovery goes on.
Reality.
I believe the Jewish religion has a very important teaching....or so I have heard. Something like "shit happens". It is part of life. Not always fun and even sometimes very painful.

Emotions run the gamut with each day bringing something different. You think you might be gaining and then here comes the shit again. Having been the adults at the scene first, we have special images seared in our memory. Hard to get them out.

BUT.....BUT....Jades incredible healing and attitude is taking the lead. He is showing us what strong is. He can laugh and he smiles alot. He is getting Almond Chicken as a regular staple. He got scolded for using the toilet unassisted on his own....then a smile that he broke the rules a little and got away with it.

Still more surgery for reconstruction, part of his skull needs to be re-installed(or he gets titanium if the stored piece of skull gets "contaminated" in the freezer where it now resides.)

This experience is about many things. Human toughness, human healing. Unconditional love. How do we all react AFTER the accident? As the comforting shock wears off? Do we start the "poor me" routine and make matters worse? Or do we fill our hearts and minds with thankfulness that this special guy is still with us. He is more than with us, he is leading us. Sure he is going to get pissed and do slunks now and then. But the bottom line is, as Pat likes to say..."what is, is". We will be better and stronger. And Jade will teach us the many ways to see without eyes.

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers and help in other ways. I will close with this from Mike yesterday. "As we got back to St Lukes and settled a bit, Audra(stepmom) told Jade that more crows are hanging out around their place. Jade proceeded to tell us the difference between Crows and Ravens"........and on it goes...............

Kids teach parents if we listen.

Rick

Zapman
A very quick and short THANK YOU!
A very generous FC member just donated an amount equal to GoFundme fees on Mikes account. Thank you Vito for reminding us business does what it does....in order to stay in business.

You all help our Harlow family heal. Thank you so much.

We get to go see Jade this evening! He has a very busy schedule of Physical Therapy so they have been keeping peeps away for awhile. Jade has a job now and it is not easy on him.

Rick and Pat

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Last week I dug out my old MZ and it's been used every day since; I absolutely consider it a favorite. I'm alternating between the brass tip stem and the ss tip stem. I seem to get better flavor but less efficiency with the ss, perhaps. Between the MZ and my black locust CRZ qualitatively I find them equivalent; they are both great. For protection I try and make it a habit to rest the MZ or CRZ on the floor, on its side, between hits rather than the coffee table. Intentions notwithstanding they get knocked over easy through the course of a session. I've not yet tried Ed's Woodscents but I have an Underdog and HI which are great log vapes but they're more similar to each other rather than to the MZ and PD. I only wish something old school like this was available today.

Rick

Zapman
We just came back to FC for a look see. Good to see all the vapes still alive and well. Good to see the forum keeping on.
Some news from the Ghost town of Zapville.
Pat and I are still doing pretty good health-wise and are having a good winter. Last winter was not this way. Pat got three diagnosis's from doctors..."it may be cancer"...along with many scans and tests.......and it was all over a uterine infection that went away with antibiotics, once diagnosed. Navigating the health care system as an oldie can be very challenging. We like staying away as much as possible.
Ahh...Jade. He is adjusting very well. He now goes down to the Idaho School for the Deaf and Blind in Gooding Idaho which is close to Boise. We are in North Idaho so Jade gets to fly the big bird every Sunday night to school and then back home every Thursday night. He flies in and out of Spokane which is about 1 and a half hour away from home(s). He is doing very well and is learning life skills from the pros with possibly some future vocational training. Their goal is to help peeps become self sufficient in adulthood. Jade really enjoys being in the special place with kids like him. He is one of only two totally blind kids and the majority are deaf and mute. Amazing work they all do there.
We are still doing Howling Hills Farm but have limited what we grow to easy and hi demand stuff. Pat still does lots of edible flowers and we do lettuce, cherry tomatoes and lots of Cedar planks for Cedar plank salmon. We sell everything we grow to the same fine people at The Coeur d'Alene Resort. They are very good to us and have been for many years.
Good to see everybody mostly still chugging along. We are doing that and not much else...
Just want to pass on we really never change, not the 'inside' of us...the who we have been our whole life. Our bodies change and ache and do not work as good but the self does not change...UNLESS we spend our late years bitching about being old. We need to do our best to laugh at the changes. Laughing at self is funner than bitching.
And yes, will do vape every day and know it contributes to our continued well being.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
We just came back to FC for a look see. Good to see all the vapes still alive and well. Good to see the forum keeping on.
Some news from the Ghost town of Zapville.
Pat and I are still doing pretty good health-wise and are having a good winter. Last winter was not this way. Pat got three diagnosis's from doctors..."it may be cancer"...along with many scans and tests.......and it was all over a uterine infection that went away with antibiotics, once diagnosed. Navigating the health care system as an oldie can be very challenging. We like staying away as much as possible.
Ahh...Jade. He is adjusting very well. He now goes down to the Idaho School for the Deaf and Blind in Gooding Idaho which is close to Boise. We are in North Idaho so Jade gets to fly the big bird every Sunday night to school and then back home every Thursday night. He flies in and out of Spokane which is about 1 and a half hour away from home(s). He is doing very well and is learning life skills from the pros with possibly some future vocational training. Their goal is to help peeps become self sufficient in adulthood. Jade really enjoys being in the special place with kids like him. He is one of only two totally blind kids and the majority are deaf and mute. Amazing work they all do there.
We are still doing Howling Hills Farm but have limited what we grow to easy and hi demand stuff. Pat still does lots of edible flowers and we do lettuce, cherry tomatoes and lots of Cedar planks for Cedar plank salmon. We sell everything we grow to the same fine people at The Coeur d'Alene Resort. They are very good to us and have been for many years.
Good to see everybody mostly still chugging along. We are doing that and not much else...
Just want to pass on we really never change, not the 'inside' of us...the who we have been our whole life. Our bodies change and ache and do not work as good but the self does not change...UNLESS we spend our late years bitching about being old. We need to do our best to laugh at the changes. Laughing at self is funner than bitching.
And yes, will do vape every day and know it contributes to our continued well being.

Thanks for the update Rick, so happy to hear you and Pat are doing so well and super happy to hear about Jades recovery. We think about you two and your family almost every day, especially now that we're living just 'down the road'. Keep on keeping on my friends.. :cheers: :peace:

CurryLeafTreehugger

<snippage>
<snippage>

Yes, it's a lower-archy. Women are lower than men and oldies are lower than younger people. Navigating this while I was caring for my elderly father was a nightmare. I had one "doctor" who tried to lecture me about how my dad was like an old car with 100k miles on it that just wasn't worth fixing any more (in response to a shadow on his lung).

I told the asshole that MY car currently had over 200k miles on it (I got another 50k miles on it after this) and anyway, MY DAD IS NOT A CAR.

The shadow turned out to be an infection, not cancer. If I had given in to the pressure NOT to biopsy (and that sort of biopsy is simple and easy) he would have died for want of a handful of cheap antibiotics.

I am so sorry about Jade's accident. My heart breaks for him.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rick and Pat Harlow have some news, that I am sure you would love to hear about!
I made a post about it here:

Top Bottom