Arizer Portable

Ven

Praying Mantis
I believe this is the first actual thread about Arizer's latest endeavor, their portable vape. Lets try to keep all the information/discussion in here, out of the Extreme thread, and off of Vtac's large 'Offtopic posts to delete' list.

I, like many of you who may have heard the rumour about it, but were unsure at the time, can consider the following as solid proof:

Hi Ven,

Thanks for your email. Yes, we are working on developing two handheld units. One is 'manual' powered, it will come out first, the other is powered via battery, it's taking me some time but we're getting there.

I have an i-inhale vaporizer, probably the best thing to do is search online as much as you can about the i-inhale before you buy it, user reviews are usually pretty accurate when it comes to vapes, just try and find 'honest' reviews on forums by well know posters who've used it for a week or two. It's not right for me to give you an opinion, it could be a little biased :)

Thanks for your enquiry, I wish I could give you a release date for our first portable vape but I can't quite yet, we're still fine tuning a few things.

Have a good evening.

Best Regards,
Steve
Now, I recall reading a post not to long ago about a 'friction powered' manual portable vaporizer, perhaps Arizer will introduce something similar? I can personally say I'll be buying the battery powered model, I don't need people looking at me like I'm trying to give a walkie-talkie a handjob (bad joke, sorry, im vaked.)

Anyways, should be nice to see some new ideas from Arizer.

PS: If you are wondering why he mentioned the I-inhale, it's because I asked him if they would be going for a similar approach and what he though about it.

Ven,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL no one was talking about a rumour here ! steeve is just trying to find the best way to fill you pocket with the vap , the main fonction are set but he is not sure of the shape of the unit so the first portable is not for tomorow but it will come !
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Since he's coming out with 2 different portables, and threads in this section should be 'model specific', this thread will have to be renamed to reflect the model being discussed, or a fresh thread started. And no worries about portable posts in the Extreme thread, since we won't allow it. ;)

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
With my PD on my way, and my LB in full use, I am already wondering what Steve is going to be up to. The dude made two very impressive machines. Can he go 3 for 3 or 4 for 4? I also think, battery powered is the way to go. Please go AA Steve. :D

IAmKrazy2,

Jikaboom123

I'm starting to put money aside for a new portable. I'm just waiting on this one to come out before I make a decision.

Jikaboom123,

marvel

I'm starting to put money aside for a new portable. I'm just waiting on this one to come out before I make a decision.
Oh heck yeah. I love the crap out of my Extreme, I'd love a discrete portable that hits as good as this. My VaporGenie gives me stellar hits but only one of my buddies has used it enough with me to figure it out. Everyone else burns the bud or gets too big a hit and one of 'em is afraid to even use it now, and I'm afraid to hand it to newbies. LOL...

marvel,

SmokerSmoke420

Just got an email back from them the other day about this. Here it is...
Hello,

Thanks for your email. We are indeed working on a portable vaporizer, we'd hoped to have it ready by now but other projects delayed things unfortunately. Our goal is to have something out by the end of the year but I can't promise that yet. I do apologize for the delay, but when the portable is ready it will of been worth the wait!

Have a good day.

Best Regards,
Steve

SmokerSmoke420,

Josh42

Are there any new developments on that front?

Especially the "'manual' powered" version sounds intriguing.

Or maybe I should just get an Iolite and shut up? Or take a hit on my VG and forget all about it? ;)

Josh42,

NYC Vape

Yes I am wondering about the portable versions. I too love my Extreme. I am going on a trip and the wanted something better than my VG, which let's me catch a buzz, but not much more. A friend will let me try his Iolite, but I think I read they are still have straw problems, even with the new models?

NYC Vape,

extremevape420

i recentlly picked up an extreme q from a wholesaler who told me he would have arizers new handheld vapes mid september dont know if hes talking out of his ass or its true but just i thought i would give everyone a heads up he also mentioned a introductury price of 300$

extremevape420,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Now thats what were waiting for , cant wait to see some pics of this unit , its from Arizer , you know its gonna be good and it will work :) :) :)

Samsquanch,

vape4life

Banned for life
Sweeeet! +1 for knowing that this will be a quality unit backed by AAA service!!! I know i'll be buying one forsure. Hope the rumour is true!

vape4life,

Wolface

Was thinking about the vapir No2, but now I will wait to check this out for sure!;)

Wolface,

Jikaboom123

On 2010-08-24, at 12:52 AM, John Tonka <************@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.arizer.com/ from:
> John Tonka <*******@yahoo.com>
>
> I've heard of a portable Arizer product being released soon. Any truth to this?

Hi John,

We are working on the design of some new Vaporizers, stayed tuned, will be worth the wait.

Best Regards
Steve

Sent from my iPad

Jikaboom123,

max

Out to lunch
"We are working on the design of some new Vaporizers, stayed tuned, will be worth the wait."

18 months ago Steve said, "we're still fine tuning a few things."

That's some long term fine tuning. Personally, I'm not holding my breath. Ed, the guy who make the Supreme Vaporizer, was saying he would have another model out soon. That was 3 years ago. For whatever reason, the 2nd vape using his heat exhanger never happened. I'm not saying that 7th Floor won't produce one, just that you shouldn't count on it being any time soon.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
max said:
... That's some long term fine tuning. Personally, I'm not holding my breath ... just that you shouldn't count on it being any time soon.

that's a little harsh, max ... as someone who has been "fine tuning" for about 8 years, and then, "extra fine tuning" for the last 15 months, i can verify that the last 5% takes 95% of the time.

Hippie Dickie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Steve at Arizer told me they were busy keeping up with demand for the Q. He hopes to have some new portable information (not a product) this fall.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Hippie Dickie said:
max said:
... That's some long term fine tuning. Personally, I'm not holding my breath ... just that you shouldn't count on it being any time soon.

that's a little harsh, max ... as someone who has been "fine tuning" for about 8 years, and then, "extra fine tuning" for the last 15 months, i can verify that the last 5% takes 95% of the time.
Harsh? Maybe so, but when a vape maker who has a product or products for sale announces a new one, even if it's just through the rumor mill or a response to an inquiry, most expect a product to be forthcoming at some point in the near future (granted, 'near future' is vague). When a year or two later there's still no concrete info on what it is or when it's due to be marketed, people tend to get a little frustrated or even skeptical. Others, new to the game, see threads like this and ask 'when is it coming out?', when it's obvious to some of us that the manufacturer either still doesn't know or isn't saying.

Here's a 'for instance'- A manufacturer (one that I won't name) who's been in business for quite a few years and makes an excellent vaporizer announced he was coming out with a new model. It wasn't announced on his site, but he told numerous people about it via email. The word got around on some forums. I emailed him about the time frame for the introduction of the new model. This was his response- "Things are running a little behind schedule. The new model should come out in about 6 months." The date of the email was September 27, 2007. That wasn't the first time I inquired about it though. The first time his response was "Yes, there is going to be a new model coming out in about 6 months." The date of that email was September 6, 2006. So four years after he let the cat out of the bag, there's no new model. While there's no doubt in my mind that he really was working hard to add a new model, for whatever reason, it didn't happen. And even though the announcements were 'word of mouth' only, and were never seen on his site, quite a few people got their hopes up about an exciting new model (there weren't a lot of good ones back then) that never materialized.

That wasn't the only case of the vape that never made it to market either. So when Arizer or 7th Floor lets it out that they have one or more new portables they plan to introduce, and then there's nothing new or concrete a year later, my attitude is that I'll believe it when I see it. That doesn't mean I don't believe they intend to release one, just that I'm tired of hearing the same old vague, nothing info, while threads like this one stay active with the same old questions.

I certainly don't put your Bud Toaster in the same category HD. Anyone that cares to take a look can see that it's a real product. And your lengthy and detailed thread is a great example of how difficult it can be to produce a top quality vape and get it to the point where it's ready to market. When vape makers like you and Vapexhale take the time to document progress on a model on a forum like this, there's no question that not only will there be a product to purchase, but it's also clear what kind of a vape it'll be and prospective customers can make their plans to buy one or not, depending on what kind of system they're interested in. That's not the case when the manufacturer isn't even willing to say what type of portable they have in mind, let alone when people can expect to see one.

max,
Top Bottom