Arizer portable heater tech discussion

OF

or, the heater is underpowered and/or the thermocouple/PID algorithm is faulty - i would guess the cell can't deliver enough amps on demand. i used to see this with a log vape with fixed resistance heater coil/fixed current power supply.

i don't know what "slower recharge path for the heat" means - if the current is fixed then reestablishing vaping temp thermal equilibrium after being cooled by ambient air (toke), well, it takes some time.

The topic was, I think, 'show a conduction vape that doesn't behave this way'? Could be wrong, but I found Ascent to be such a vape after some fiddling. It behaved exactly like you'd expect? The instrumented temperature was exactly (within a degree or less) of what was displayed at idle (no 'sag') and the hit didn't show a rise to counter the dip but did show a substantial drop from the cold air that was countered by adding 'thermal mass' in the load to store energy since the 'recharge path' for heat from the heater was long (think 'long heat soaks needed'?). Here the sensor is in a 'dog house' in the corner of the bowl, closer to the heater than the load I'd guess, giving the system a long time constant in recovery. 100 degree drop on a stout hit is a big drop, for sure cutting vapor production. The glass flowers (and other reservoirs others used ATT) were a PITA to remove, clean without breaking and reload but the improvement very worth while in the opinion most owners who tried it.

Regards to all

OF

OF,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Would I get massive hate if I showed what the heater looks like under thermal imaging, or would it be enlightening?

8ZSj7YY.jpg

nms

I'd like to see it, no one will hate you and it may help draw and discuss new conclusions. But send the color scale with the image and try to make a video of the heating cycle as well. Would be nice. Also link your camera model.

scy123

Gimme a few days, I disassembled my Arizer for other testing purpose and have to look around for the parts as I never bothered to reassemble it. Thermal imaged Arizers for sure to come though.

The Thermal Expert TE – Q1 Pro I have outputs radiometric images, so you can tell the temp of each individual pixel and is rated up to 250c with a 5% error margin I think. Just got to cover the bowl with something with a known emissivity.

nms

Nice work!

Could you please adjust the range to see the high temperature area in more detail??

nms,

OF

the high temp areas are all about the same temp it's gonna look the same.
Makes sense to me if it really is conduction (which I still believe is the case). The stem comes out at the same temperature as the oven body, no apparent convection contribution by super heated air? Rather it looks like 'heat soaks' are doing the good work......

Thanks for doing the work and posting it for us to enjoy.

OF

OF,

scy123

I only uploaded a short clip of each test, but I actually repeated the cycle quite a few times, taking longer pulls and trying to get a temp change. It never really changed more than 4c maybe.

Edit: wanted to add the 4c was probably cause it was at different angles and I just pulled out the stem, in reality the temp change was probably lower than that.

Last edited:
scy123,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom