Arizer Extreme Q - health

ilsasta

Sorry for the title, little stoned and couldn't find any better.
I go straight to the point. Every time I vape with my EQ, I feel like parts of ABV get's through the screens and I obviously swallow them during the inhalation. I say that as, after few minutes, my throat starts getting narrower, like someone's strangling me.
Also earlier, when vaping from one of the bags, on the rim of one of the mouthpieces, I found I would say something looking like a little piece of ABV.
Was wondering if anyone ever experienced the same situation. I have vaped the same bud on a Flowermate 5 and didn't give me this unpleasant effect.
Just wanted to add that this only happens when the bud is about to be full consumed, as it doesn't happen after the first two or three bags. And it also happens with the whip.
Hope I've been clear.
:peace:

ilsasta,

jimfish4130

Do you pack the cyclone bowl or the top hat screen in the elbow? Less bits get through the screen when you do the second because it isn't moving about and breaking up

jimfish4130,
Reactions: flotntoke

ilsasta

I usually pack cyclone bowl, only few times I've done the elbow pack.
I've actually had that thought. Will try tomorrow and see if that works better. I could experience that when you mix the abv on the elbow pack for the second time, it breaks down very fine, which probably help more stuff to get through.
Are these bits that could get through dangerous for our health? I wouldn't like inhaling something not safe.
Probably this is only paranoia, sorry for the dumb questions.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I usually pack cyclone bowl, only few times I've done the elbow pack.
I've actually had that thought. Will try tomorrow and see if that works better. I could experience that when you mix the abv on the elbow pack for the second time, it breaks down very fine, which probably help more stuff to get through.
Are these bits that could get through dangerous for our health? I wouldn't like inhaling something not safe.
Probably this is only paranoia, sorry for the dumb questions.

I have never had anything get past the elbow screen.

sickmanfraud,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Some fine particles do make it through the basket. As evidence of them can be seen in the whip...

You can eliminate this with a simple piece of cotton placed within the vapour path....

As far as health goes. Do not worry, your lungs are incredibly good at filtering out particulate matter...coal miners proved this....

Eq vapour can be quite harsh/dry. I used to like that, made me feel like I'd smoked....maybe you could consider a bubbler.????

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Putting a bubbler on the end of the hose will eliminate all particulates (they stay in water) and leads to a more satisfying experience for many.

Cotton trick works well, too. It will usually add a little restriction and grab a little vapor, but you can vape the cotton when it starts getting gooey for some nice easy to grab "wand hash" (sort of) hits.

ilsasta

Many thanks to both for your replies.
Some fine particles do make it through the basket. As evidence of them can be seen in the whip...

You can eliminate this with a simple piece of cotton placed within the vapour path....

As far as health goes. Do not worry, your lungs are incredibly good at filtering out particulate matter...coal miners proved this....

Eq vapour can be quite harsh/dry. I used to like that, made me feel like I'd smoked....maybe you could consider a bubbler.????

If it's been proved, I don't need to worry any longer. But will consider the bubbler, it was already in my mind.

Putting a bubbler on the end of the hose will eliminate all particulates (they stay in water) and leads to a more satisfying experience for many.

Cotton trick works well, too. It will usually add a little restriction and grab a little vapor, but you can vape the cotton when it starts getting gooey for some nice easy to grab "wand hash" (sort of) hits.
Will probably give a try to the cotton if the issue keeps happening.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
A couple thoughts:
I hooked up a nice bubbler (grav labs
) and it did mellow my vape.
Unfortunately I found the lungs pulling against the water resistance to be a really unnatural muscular feat. After about six months of using the bubbler I'd get chest pains (muscular) after every session. I switched back to bags via the cyclone bowl and found my chest pains gone in just a couple days.

If you're younger you may not run into this, I on the other hand began combusting in 1970, so I do have some miles on me.

ilsasta

A couple thoughts:
I hooked up a nice bubbler (grav labs
) and it did mellow my vape.
Unfortunately I found the lungs pulling against the water resistance to be a really unnatural muscular feat. After about six months of using the bubbler I'd get chest pains (muscular) after every session. I switched back to bags via the cyclone bowl and found my chest pains gone in just a couple days.

If you're younger you may not run into this, I on the other hand began combusting in 1970, so I do have some miles on me.
Thanks for your suggestion too, and for the useful video. I will probably alternate bubbler and bags to not stress my lungs so much.
Maybe using the fan would help pushing the air through the bubbler with the minimum effort for the lungs. Just a suggestion, and a way of vaping I would try once I will purchase the bubbler.

Last edited:

KimDracula

Thanks for your suggestion too, and for the useful video. I will probably alternate bubbler and bags to not stress my lungs so much.
Maybe using the fan would help pushing the air through the bubbler with the minimum effort for the lungs. Just a suggestion, and a way of vaping I would try once I will purchase the bubbler.

I doubt you'll have a problem with a bubbler unless you have real problems with your lungs like Cuthbert said.

While the fan doesn't eliminate the need to pull with your lungs it can give you some great thick hits with the EQ. That's probably no help to Cuthbert but could benefit you. I got the best hits with my EQ with a tiny bubbler and the fan on 2.

JRR22611

BIG difference between a therapeutic device and a medical device. I put zero faith in a device whose manual reads in fine print anything along the lines of "we're not responsible for any negative side-effects from using our therapeutic botanical vaporizer".
I boycott all products with china made materials assembled cheaply for 'medical' use.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
My fan (on an E-Q) is not strong enough to blow vape through water, I checked.
Wish it was because H2O definitely mellows the vape.
I loved pulling a big rip through the bubbler but my chest muscles have vetoed that plan.
unless you have real problems with your lungs like Cuthbert said.
BTW it's not a lung problem it a chest muscle problem, I imagine everyone will get to this point if they continually pull through a bong, the musculature of the chest was not intended to create a forceful vacuum (imho).

Cuthbert J Twillie,
Reactions: JRR22611
Top Bottom