Arizer Air MAX

gheebee

Been a big fan of this vape ever since I got it almost 2 years ago. While I'm sure there are probably better vapes out there this seems to work very well for me and I seldom see anything I really want to buy anyway, even when I think about just getting a new vape for the sake of getting a new vape and trying something else. It was the same with my Solos before I got this, for almost 10 years(!).
One thing I've wanted ever since I got my first Solo was a heady glass stem. Something that looks like it was made out of the type of glass you see most bowls made out of. Maybe something like this but in different colors:

pipe.jpg

In looking for something like this all I've ever seen are various cooling stems, WPAs, and solid colored stems as well as a couple of nice custom pieces people posted in the Solo thread years ago (1 & 2).

Anyway, does anyone know where I might get something like this? Just want a regular old 110mm stem but in heady glass. I did see that those Solo stems I linked were from JoDa Glassworks and was going to reach out to them to see if they might be able to make them but what I've seen from them are a bit different from what I'm looking for and I thought I'd ask here first in case there was some place that already had stuff like this in stock.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Been a big fan of this vape ever since I got it almost 2 years ago. While I'm sure there are probably better vapes out there this seems to work very well for me and I seldom see anything I really want to buy anyway, even when I think about just getting a new vape for the sake of getting a new vape and trying something else. It was the same with my Solos before I got this, for almost 10 years(!).
One thing I've wanted ever since I got my first Solo was a heady glass stem. Something that looks like it was made out of the type of glass you see most bowls made out of. Maybe something like this but in different colors:

pipe.jpg

In looking for something like this all I've ever seen are various cooling stems, WPAs, and solid colored stems as well as a couple of nice custom pieces people posted in the Solo thread years ago (1 & 2).

Anyway, does anyone know where I might get something like this? Just want a regular old 110mm stem but in heady glass. I did see that those Solo stems I linked were from JoDa Glassworks and was going to reach out to them to see if they might be able to make them but what I've seen from them are a bit different from what I'm looking for and I thought I'd ask here first in case there was some place that already had stuff like this in stock.

Yeah I think it is best to just use a WPA, then get another heady glass piece to use with it, I had a really nice custom heady hook made a long while ago and have collected a bunch of other heady water pieces too now.... JoDa could definitely make you something interesting, he does great work at a variety of levels, very nice stylistic elements and beautiful colors... It will use a steel mesh basket screen though, more like a little log stem, instead of the holes of the stock stems... There are others that could make you something I'm sure, as long as they have the specs and time, while you have the money and patience... Good Vibes Boro and possibly others could take a solo stem you send, then cut it down, and fuse it to a heady mouthpiece stem section if you wanted to keep those holes in the bowl... I have sent him pieces to salvage that way before, but I'm not sure the quality of the standard air stems if they will hold up during the process so there is some risk with that idea... Jeremy Smith on Instagram makes really nice stuff more in the style you shared had a great price though I'm not sure he could make a compatible stem, maybe Hookahheadmd?

Shit Snacks,

gheebee

Yeah I think it is best to just use a WPA, then get another heady glass piece to use with it, I had a really nice custom heady hook made a long while ago and have collected a bunch of other heady water pieces too now.... JoDa could definitely make you something interesting, he does great work at a variety of levels, very nice stylistic elements and beautiful colors... It will use a steel mesh basket screen though, more like a little log stem, instead of the holes of the stock stems... There are others that could make you something I'm sure, as long as they have the specs and time, while you have the money and patience... Good Vibes Boro and possibly others could take a solo stem you send, then cut it down, and fuse it to a heady mouthpiece stem section if you wanted to keep those holes in the bowl... I have sent him pieces to salvage that way before, but I'm not sure the quality of the standard air stems if they will hold up during the process so there is some risk with that idea... Jeremy Smith on Instagram makes really nice stuff more in the style you shared had a great price though I'm not sure he could make a compatible stem, maybe Hookahheadmd?
Thanks a lot for the leads! I'm going to reach out to some of them soon, just want to finalize some thoughts on what exactly I want based on what I'm seeing from them. Risks aside and as much as I'd prefer the stem to be consistent all the way through I do really like that idea to just send a regular stem so they can cut it and then fuse on a different mouthpiece, assuming it will hold up. Having the holes isn't a big deal to me and my biggest concern with having something custom made like this is fit but it seems like you can't miss if you go that route so it's not a bad tradeoff. Sounds like I may finally be on my way to getting a stem like I've always wanted, thanks again! When I get something I'll be sure to show it off here.

b4ditude

Someone that's good with glass should definitely try making some increased airflow stems.

I saw these turbo ones that have been long out of stock that were for the Solo 2 or original Solo that were just a mesh screen instead of glass and had some slits at the top of the chamber portion of the stem. Would probably also go well with the updated heater in the Solo 2 Max.

Petetbay

Someone that's good with glass should definitely try making some increased airflow stems.

I saw these turbo ones that have been long out of stock that were for the Solo 2 or original Solo that were just a mesh screen instead of glass and had some slits at the top of the chamber portion of the stem. Would probably also go well with the updated heater in the Solo 2 Max.
The hack is to drill out the glass screen to allow use of flat mesh or rimless dome mesh screens.

Planet Vape is one of the glass makers that produced the turbo and vortex wpa and added air channels. I have a few and having just revisited using them with dome mesh screens which eliminated the problem with loose flat mesh screens falling out all the time when debowling. Air flow is really nice and the convection effect when not seating the glass on the bowl bottom is greatly increased. Bowls go faster so sessions are shorter. I don’t use water and native only thru cooling glass mp.

I just checked Planet Vape and they have only shorty bowl wpa 18mm turbo and 14&18mm vortex in stock, shorty gives 30% smaller bowl.

b4ditude

The hack is to drill out the glass screen to allow use of flat mesh or rimless dome mesh screens.

Planet Vape is one of the glass makers that produced the turbo and vortex wpa and added air channels. I have a few and having just revisited using them with dome mesh screens which eliminated the problem with loose flat mesh screens falling out all the time when debowling. Air flow is really nice and the convection effect when not seating the glass on the bowl bottom is greatly increased. Bowls go faster so sessions are shorter. I don’t use water and native only thru cooling glass mp.

I just checked Planet Vape and they have only shorty bowl wpa 18mm turbo and 14&18mm vortex in stock, shorty gives 30% smaller bowl.

Yes! These are what I was thinking of, would the air max even keep up with the airflow of the 18mm one of these?

Petetbay

would the air max even keep up with the airflow of the 18mm one of these?
Yes, no problem. Been running both 14mm and 18mm Turbo wpa in both the Solo 2 & Air Max for a week now and loving them. Air Max does better, but the Solo 2 is close and I’ve decided now that the Solo 2 Max will be in my possession after 420. No water just native, I have various glass mp’s, but my favorite is a beaded Vapexhale Evo mp w/18mm turbo wpa just a rocknroller with the Air Max.

ondemander

Damn it's sad that it's such a good and obvious mod for these gongs but no one seems to make them or stock something similar to them with high airflow. It seems like given the popularity of Arizer vapes and the backwards compatibility there would be a large market for these. I'm surprised 420edc or Sneaky Pete doesn't offer them.

HighTime

As a novelty, I’ve recently used my Air stem with the black plastic tip for the first time instead of the usual all glass ones. It was sitting in the box for several years! It works fine, just requiring extra cleaning of the plastic tip and small washer inside it with warm water and some dish soap. After a few uses, the washer fell down the drain. Does anyone know if there is any reason not to use the tip without the washer? I’m guessing the function of the washer is to keep the inside of the tip a little less gunked up, maybe… Thanks.

HighTime,

Petetbay

We have something in the works. Just doing the basic glass right now sans glass screen behind the chamber. No grooves on the sides or notched into the rim, those haven't been needed since the OG Solo and Air designs.
Seems 420EDC stepped up to the plate and is offering HiFlow stems for the Arizers with no glass screens. Nice. :tup:

Durbandream

Yes! These are what I was thinking of, would the air max even keep up with the airflow of the 18mm one of these?
Yeah, definitely. I use domed screens with my Air Max and the airflow is vastly improved, you can finish a stem in about 3 hits, use half the herb and get bigger clouds and stronger effects that with a full stem without the filter. I use it that way with my 18mm piece through a 14mm adapter with the WPA and can wipe out a stem in one or two draws.

It's crazy these devices don't ship with those filters because without them they're good vapes but somewhat frustrating and tedious, but with them installed they become a true joy to use.

Durbandream,
Reactions: Maryjanie

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Damn it's sad that it's such a good and obvious mod for these gongs but no one seems to make them or stock something similar to them with high airflow. It seems like given the popularity of Arizer vapes and the backwards compatibility there would be a large market for these. I'm surprised 420edc or Sneaky Pete doesn't offer them.

I have a bunch of Arizer stem designs I’ve drawn up over the years that I think would be great additions, but I’m not sure how popular these vapes actually are these days.

newSSE

It's my wake and bake vape on the weekends or when I'm watching something and just relaxing. I copped the 420edc hi-flow stem but I still want a 14mm WPA high flow option. I'll review it when it arrives.
Came here looking for this ;) Looking forward to your review! I was also thinking a WPA hiflo would be great. I'm guessing if the stem goes well, 420edc may start offering the WPAs as well?

ondemander

Came here looking for this ;) Looking forward to your review! I was also thinking a WPA hiflo would be great. I'm guessing if the stem goes well, 420edc may start offering the WPAs as well?
I got the long hi-flow stem and it works great. Definitely extracts faster and with larger clouds. Therefore the flavor does decrease faster but that's to be expected. Overall this would be the ideal stem for someone looking for a more Mighty-like experience. I prefer longer and slower flavor chasing sessions with the Air Max so I will stick to the WPA + jhook combo.

ondemander,
Reactions: Petetbay

newSSE

I got the long hi-flow stem and it works great. Definitely extracts faster and with larger clouds. Therefore the flavor does decrease faster but that's to be expected. Overall this would be the ideal stem for someone looking for a more Mighty-like experience. I prefer longer and slower flavor chasing sessions with the Air Max so I will stick to the WPA + jhook combo.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have one in my cart right now, just hesitating on the length. In the winter I like the short stems but not sure if it may get a bit intense in the summer heat (will be my first summer with an Arizer). I think I will try one, watching a movie the long session is nice but sometimes I don't finish a bowl because I'm in a rush - especially when I have to use outside - so I can see using this sometimes. Enjoy the jhook :)

newSSE,
Top Bottom