Are you sure vaporizing marijuana isn't bad for you?

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
I just got the magic flight bowx so i just started vaping. vaporizing marijuana really hurts my throat, more so than combusting. i was wondering if its bad for your throat or anything at all?

fuckyourcouch,

Pappy

shmaporist
fuckyourcouch said:
I just got the magic flight bowx so i just started vaping. vaporizing marijuana really hurts my throat, more so than combusting. i was wondering if its bad for your throat or anything at all?
Great potable vape but tough on throat due to minimal size. Look into desktop vapes like Extreme Q and Da Buddha. Many people here, including me, vapor bong (use additional water filtration)

Pappy,

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
I'm aware of that. I was basically asking if vaporization is harmful at all because my throat hurts after (not a big deal) which makes me think it's some what harsh on the lungs possibly?

fuckyourcouch,

Pappy

shmaporist
fuckyourcouch said:
I'm aware of that. I was basically asking if vaporization is harmful at all because my throat hurts after (not a big deal) which makes me think it's some what harsh on the lungs possibly?
Firstly, any matter you ingest is more harmful than none. Secondly, your throat and lungs are two different organs. I own a MFLB and only use it on short trips for the reasons you specified. Other vapes are easier on me. ;)

Pappy,

bones

Basically if your throat hurts it's the heat not the weed. Maybe if you had a long tube or through some water to cool the air.

--

as for it being safe....

It's not 100% clean like fresh air however IMHO it's not even half as bad for you as smoking pretty much anything else.

Consider the facts:

Pretty much nobody has died from cannabis and that's using combustion for all time until vapes were first used. Most of the people with lung cancer I would imagine smoke cigarettes anyway so the statistics could be due to other reasons, etc.

ok so if cannabis smoke doesn't cause fatality in comparison to smoking cigs or anything else really (crack)... then to me, going a step further to eliminate combustion, vaporizing sounds as you're preventing the plant matter (most of the bud) from going inside of your body in the form of a gas (particulate material suspended in a gas (air)). (solid matter in smoke as opposed to thin vapor of surface stuff)

Imagine breathing in this..
2ndtrichay4.jpg

as opposed to breathing in the whole bud itself in plant matter form.... lol

imagine that nice ass bud and the result being a tiny bit of ash.... but the rest was inhaled into the lungs and breathed it back out with all it's natural parts all burned up in all it's glory of the plant...

now imagine avoiding all that and breathing in the medicine that is secreted from the plant onto the surface....

which one seems better?

it's not 100% safe but if nobody dies from combustion then taking the surface stuff is way less harmful imo

(other factors include individual reactions to cannabis / pre-existing asthma or other conditions of course smoke and heat will irritate, etc)

bones,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Heat and lack of moisture is what is causing the irritation prolly.
Using the longer tube with your LB should help a bit. If you get a desktop vape, water filtration helps as well. (And moistens the vapor which helps)

AGBeer,

george

try using your box with the whip, or buy it if you dont have it. It's like 5 bucks. :2c:

george,

minuteman420

It's an extreme form of cotton mouth. Get some cold water and drink before and inbetween hits.

minuteman420,

crawdad

floatin
minuteman420 said:
It's an extreme form of cotton mouth. Get some cold water and drink before and inbetween hits.

i do this as well and makes the session more enjoyable on the mouth and throat. after that i eat and drink just about anything i can get my hands on. :lol:

crawdad,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Yeah MFLB + big drink is a must. Which is fine since i like tea with my vape, no matter which i'm using. It just compliments it so well.

and if you're using the LB with one of the stems, it seems to me like the stem creates a smaller more concentrated stream of hot air that will really roast the back of your mouth/throat where ever it is aimed. Try using it w/o a stem at all, might get better results. They also sell a whip for it, but i've never tried it. I've also seen some ppl run their LBs through water in diff creative ways.

But yeah, nothing you can do with the LB will be as smooth as a hit from a bigger, pure convection home model.

steiner666,

Qbit

cannabanana
Vapour isn't air, so it's less good for your lungs than air. But it's far, far closer to air than smoke, that's for sure. So for would-be smokers, vapour is very 'good' for your lungs.

Qbit,

aero18

vaporist
I like to think that I am decreasing my chances of various forms of cancer when I vaporize. Cannabinoids have been empirically shown to be anti-cancerous.

aero18,
Top Bottom