Anything new that would fit better than a focusvape?

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
Hey FC, glad to be back again, haven't been active much lately. New software looking good, but same old smileys :tup:

But now I want to get a new unit that's easy to share (no "omg, you're gonna break my tubo or mouthpiece"), take with you and kinda stealthy. It should use replaceable 18650s.

I am thinking of getting the focusvape pro (the s is supposed to be inferior last time I checked), but I haven't been up to date with available units for a while. So before I make a mistake I wanted to check at the knowledge base. :rockon:

So, do you know of any other vapes which fulfill the same criteria and could be an alternative? Or more recent knowledge about the focusvape line.

Thanks in advance for any input :love:

Cheers,
leveltree

Vaporware

I think the best portable with replaceable 18650s that you can easily get right now is the Firewood 7. I wouldn’t worry too much about people breaking it (the mouthpiece stays in pretty well), but you could always replace that with wood or something to make it even less likely to break.

If your friends throw stuff like this around or drop it a lot though, you might want to stick with plastic or metal stuff.

The TinyMight could also be a good choice, but it does at minimum have a stem sticking out that could break (the FWs stem is retractable).

If you want the cheaper stuff it’s not an area I pay as much attention to, but a lot of people like the Fury Edge (or Fury 2 or the many nearly identical devices out there).

VapCaps and an Induction Heater would also be a good option, and probably what I like most for sharing since everyone can have their own VapCap if you want.

justcametomind

I’m not very fond of focus vapes but never owned one. If he’s trying to avoid the risks of having it shared I’d avoid artisanal vapes as the P80/Tetra/Tubo/Tinymight . An entry level every day vape is something that can easily gets lost, gets used and abused, shared and if there’s something I started to re evaluate the need of replaceable batteries. Especially when the Fury 2/Edge works so well without one. I have every vape imaginable and still I Vas over a Fury Edge since it’s being said as such an improvement over the Fury 2 which has been my go to portable until not to long ago, and still one of my top picks if I ever feel the need of vaping outdoors.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: leveltree

leveltree

Thanks @Vaporware , I'll check out the firewood and tinyware!

I thought the fury devices aren't with replaceable batteries but will check as well.

Vapcaps are already distributed well :D
It's great now with the pandemic but in general I think sharing is a nicer group feeling.

leveltree,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I thought the fury devices aren't with replaceable batteries but will check as well.

It's great now with the pandemic but in general I think sharing is a nicer group feeling.

Oh yeah vgo doesn't have replaceable batteries either, honestly it's going to be trade-offs regardless, can't think of a single device that has everything you want... Maybe xvape xmax Fog though??

leveltree

Thanks for the additional suggestions, I'll read up on all of them! It's just that I already have plenty of batteries and I'd want to be flexible. But you guys seem to not put so much importance on it, why is that?

leveltree,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the additional suggestions, I'll read up on all of them! It's just that I already have plenty of batteries and I'd want to be flexible. But you guys seem to not put so much importance on it, why is that?

I think it is important, I'm just saying bc you're going to have to sacrifice something, in what you're looking for... the top of the line vapes that use these replaceable batteries all have glass stems.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: leveltree

justcametomind

Oh yeah vgo doesn't have replaceable batteries either, honestly it's going to be trade-offs regardless, can't think of a single device that has everything you want... Maybe xvape xmax Fog though??
A friend of mine had his exact same requirements and went with a Fog. Other than finding it quite draw restricted, after a couple of days he dropped the device and broke the battery cover, needing a rubber band from the get go.
I’d probably break a Fog or any other every day device, before needing its battery to need replacing.

Shit Snacks

A friend of mine had his exact same requirements and went with a Fog. Other than finding it quite draw restricted, after a couple of days he dropped the device and broke the battery cover, needing a rubber band from the get go.
I’d probably break a Fog or any other every day device, before needing its battery to need replacing.

Haha yeah the fog is a pretty great basic, but mine suddenly stopped working I think... Only option for convection vaping with replaceable 18650 and low budget no glass stems... Right?? or some mod based vapes

justcametomind

Haha yeah the fog is a pretty great basic, but mine suddenly stopped working I think... Only option for convection vaping with replaceable 18650 and low budget no glass stems... Right?? or some mod based vapes
Fog is the only one having it all checked I can think of, as well.
But it just gets the job done, the couple times I tried it it was so draw restricted in comparison to a F2, which costed me just a bit more.
@leveltree Fury 2/ Edge don’t have replaceable battery but have stood the test of time and/or everyday use (Edge hasn’t been out enough to begin with) way better than others, like the Fog, which on paper have all the requirements you ask for.
My only concern after 2/3 years with the same F2 unit is the bowl developing a black residue which can’t be washed off. Same thing happened with my first Mighty and after that I always use capsules whenever is possible and buy vapes that have capsules has a feature. And after 2/3 years my F2 battery still holds up.

Last edited:

Vaporware

You’re right, the Fury stuff has built-in batteries. I just don’t know which of the cheaper devices meet that requirement, or whether or not any of them are actually good.

If you and your friends are careful with things the FW7 is the one I’d grab, or for people who aren’t so careful with things a VapCap is hard to break! :lol:

A lot of the cheaper stuff is probably okay too, if you can find one that meets your requirements, but the vapor quality won’t be as good and there will probably be some other downsides to it.

leveltree

The FW does look very nice and intriguing, and small as well .:clap: But actually I think it's too valuable to just throw in a backpack etc. :razz:
It might have another purpose though ;)

When checking the different vapes you all recommend I realized that its purpose is not of much relevance right now, so I should take my time. The replaceable battery point is pretty important afterall, even though the Fury edge looks nice as well. Another option I thought of was the arizer air II, it's kind of like a better focusvape but still durable. I don't fear about the mouthpiece as much, because it's not loose.

So if you have suggestions with relatively safe glass MPs I'd be open. The focusvape has glass too after all.

To be clear, my friends don't throw stuff, but I'm on my 3rd vaponic and some (loose) 18mm MPs have broken as well.

I think high draw resistance rules out the fog for the purpose since most people don't have ripping lungs. ^^

Vaporware

I hear Arizer stuff is decent if you want a longer session. I shouldn’t have assumed you’d want fast extraction, although most people seem to. You’re right though, you have a little time to decide. :)

If you do want a slower session you might consider the Arizer Go (ArGo) might be a good option too. :)

maremaresing

Check out the DotLeaf thread here. It's an easy to use portable with replaceable 18650s. You just load it, turn it on, and rip it. There is also the Starry if you need something even less expensive.

leveltree

Check out the DotLeaf thread here. It's an easy to use portable with replaceable 18650s. You just load it, turn it on, and rip it. There is also the Starry if you need something even less expensive.
Nice suggestion, it does look very viable for the purpose, I'll wait on the troubleshooting to settle though :razz:.

Anyway I'm glad I asked here, because so far I've got some choice already to make. :)

leveltree

I'd hold for the unveiling of the discontinued HR Fierce replacement. It should be similar with a .3 gram bowl & replaceable batteries.
Aha! So there's another competitor. :cool:Any ideas on when that's supposed to happen?

leveltree,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
If dotLeaf gets their shit together, definitely give the dL a try. Nice price point and all you want for a group thing I’d say. No glass to break and even the tanks can be replaced (and preloaded). Very discrete as well.

leveltree

I agree, it looks really group friendly, discreet, high performing and easy to use. Also would be a good contrast to my tubo and gas based vapes. I read the whole thread already, what a thriller :lol::uhoh:.
Anyway, I have time so will check how it develops and maybe the fierce successor will be there too (although I'd like to use existing 18650s and doubt it will use those.)

Seeing the options now, I probably won't go with the focusvape.

Top Bottom