• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Anyone used a Sploofy or Smoke Buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounce5

I'm wondering which one is better. If you tried one - what did you think? If you tried both, how do they compare? Which one is easier to use?

bounce5,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Every sploof I've tried has leaked so much smell it was pointless. The smoke buddy might actually work given that it has a filter.

bounce5

A regular homemade sploof doesn't compare to these products. I haven't tried either of the products, but in videos it looks like the Sploofy is easier to exhale into than the Smokebuddy Classic and Junior. Actually it looked like it was a bit of a chore to exhale into a Smokebuddy (SB) and SB JR. Looking for some confirmation or clarification on that.

bounce5,

Grim Chiclets

Get a gas mask filter from an army surplus store! They're designed to filter smoke, debris, and various poisonous gases- and work wonders with smoke/vapor!
filtergp5.jpg

Usually these Russian ones are the cheapest IME around $5- and actually work the best, as they're stuffed to the gills with activated charcoal/carbon.

bounce5

Get a gas mask filter from an army surplus store! They're designed to filter smoke, debris, and various poisonous gases- and work wonders with smoke/vapor!
filtergp5.jpg

Usually these Russian ones are the cheapest IME around $5- and actually work the best, as they're stuffed to the gills with activated charcoal/carbon.

Awesome. The only thing is that apparently some contain asbestos and are toxic to breathe in. I guess since you are breathing out it's not an issue. I would wonder if it might leak asbestos fumes or something though.

bounce5,

u bwade wunner

^ How long does it last? I wish they had one that didn't give off a scent.

I used one for a month travelling through the US with my VG coil and Daisy also.I wasn t doing big sessions with it.just a bowl at a time throughout the day.i had jasmine I think.the scent masks the vapor smell.

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: bounce5

buckhakeesah

Concur with subway. Just receives my jr. Definitely prefer the smaller size. Wonder if this will last as long as the original?

buckhakeesah,

bounce5

Concur with subway. Just receives my jr. Definitely prefer the smaller size. Wonder if this will last as long as the original?

How easy or difficult is it to exhale into the jr? In the videos it looks a bit difficult to push your breath through. Would you recommend it?

bounce5,

subway13029

It works fine. Just make sure you dont cough into it or get any moisture in there..that will clog in up..the smoke buddy has no draw restriction. Lol

bounce5

It works fine. Just make sure you dont cough into it or get any moisture in there..that will clog in up..the smoke buddy has no draw restriction. Lol

Okay. One of my problems is that I live in a humid place in the Caribbean and I don't have air conditioning. It's common for things for paper and clothing to get a little moldy if left to sit without ventilation. The best I could do to try to dry it is to point a fan at it overnight.

bounce5,

subway13029

Its humid where im at too..i wouldnt do none of that..just dont cough into it..and i used to use mine alot when i combusted and i was stupid and tried to wash mine out with water..lol..ruined it..but you should be good..they dont last forever..it depends how much u use them but mine lasted 5 or 6 months?

subway13029,

buckhakeesah

Okay. One of my problems is that I live in a humid place in the Caribbean and I don't have air conditioning. It's common for things for paper and clothing to get a little moldy if left to sit without ventilation. The best I could do to try to dry it is to point a fan at it overnight.
The smokebuddy comes with removable covers for each end. Very convenient

buckhakeesah,

buckhakeesah

for smokebuddy, exhaling is easy, no resistance. only when its getting close to its end of life , you'll notice the restriction begin to return. Is this the same experience as others? Not sure, this is my direct experience owing both, the original and now the jr.

MoltenTiger

for smokebuddy, exhaling is easy, no resistance. only when its getting close to its end of life , you'll notice the restriction begin to return. Is this the same experience as others? Not sure, this is my direct experience owing both, the original and now the jr.
yeah, when they are new there is basically no resistance.

I have found leaving the smoke buddy covers off and letting it dry out has made my second JNR last better. I accidentally bought two earlier in the year, and I will say they work well, but I was a bit underwhelmed by its longevity. My first one lasted only a month or so, but it got moisture in it pretty bad. It basically became clogged, and I guess slowly building up to that point it became harder to use and annoying.

I've tried to keep the second one dry and have used it a fair bit less, but it's still in pretty reasonable condition a few months later.

It's very effective for smell minimising.

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: LeftBased

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I personally disagree a little with all these no resistance statements. It isn't awful but you're clearly inhaling through filters, its not an easy and smooth exhale. You have to force the vapor through the Smokebuddy. Definitely gets worse with usage.

Whereas with Hello Neighbor, it doesn't filter as well but is much easier to have a relaxed exhale with.

subway13029

I personally would rather it filter the marijuana smell and vapor/smoke out than have a little less draw resistance..especially if you are in non legal state or trying to be stealthy and i would think that why you are using one of these. That makes no sense to me about touting resistance over smell reduction??

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I don't think hello neighbor is better, sorry if the mention made it seem like I was boasting one over the other. I just wanted to add that smoke buddies are restrictive and they personally can exhaust me from all the forced exhales.

That said, I would get a SBJr any day over a hello neighbor for half the price.

paytonpenn,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom