anyone use Adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadesign

i saw an article on college kids using it and other ADHD drugs to cram and focus, well I love MJ for that fact and being able to concentrate on things to learn. also creative thinking. i was wondering if this would give the same effect in a pill form.

i just thought it might be something I could do in place of MJ. i always said I would never do nothing more then MJ but this does sound tempting. the article also said you also get weight loss and appetite suppression and can stay up for 24 with out being tired. I always thought that those conditions were made up or at least over diagnosed but I do think I have a hard time sometimes concentrating and understanding because I start thinking of other things. i think it might be mild as the article described it a form of ADHD that sounds like hell

dadesign,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
I dont like it at all. I took it one night to study for a test, couldn't go to sleep and ended up falling asleep during the class and drooling all over the test. Needless to say, I failed the test..

I'd say stick to the herb man.. can't go wrong with it. Like they always say.. "if it aint broke, dont fix it!"

aznfknpride,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
an over active mind does not mean you have ADHD. Adderall is meant for people who have ADHD, it slows their mind down. For those who don't have ADHD, it can sometimes have the exact opposite effect, speeding you up. it's an amphetamine based drug.
It's a stimulant... pretty much a pharm Speed.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
TOTALLY agree with Devo! I had a friend for YEARS who I lost to meth not too long ago... After getting arrested the truth came out. Then the dumbass went and got a prescription for Adderall supposedly to pass his court forced drug tests. Umm, hello! It is REALLY hard for people to get off of meth and giving them a prescription for amphetamines is just stupid.

Unfortunately, was a very good friend and I think I lost him to drugs... The friends that told him how to beat the test with the Adderall won over us old friends. He thinks he's way better on it... Hello - it's EXACTLY like he was when he was on meth from the street! It is NOT PRETTY!

I have seen ADHD kids that take it as prescribed and it does NOT have that speed effect on them. I think unless you KNOW you're ADHD and your doctor says to take it - I'd AVOID LIKE PLAGUE MAN!!!

Amphetamines are VERY ADDICTIVE!!!
Just my :2c:

Lo,

masejl12

I've tried it a few times for school purposes and well it definitely makes you get stuff done. I hate it for the side effects which are : loss of appetite (fixed by MJ), severe cotton mouth (worse than any MJ could do to you), you will not sleep, rapid increase in heart rate, lasted me close to 18 hours for 30mg not time released. It does give a good mood lift but its addictive and not worth it.

masejl12,

dadesign

well probably good advice then but really I think about shit when I should be focused like for example I have gone through tasks in my head during sex really the wrong time to be multitasking

but I will stick to MJ then cause I don't want the addiction..

on that note, tonight I got a coffee grinder and did in on fine and I noticed a big diff then using the MZ used only a half of stem to get where it would take two stems before

dadesign,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
if you're mindset is that you don't want any drugs harder than MJ and you are sure of that then i cant see you getting addicted to adderall. I use it only to study and do schoolwork and then afterwards it makes you wanna clean and do other productive stuff like that. I am not prescribed to it but my roomate is. :ninja: It is literally just as popular as MJ on college campuses and i have met a lot of people who don't do any drugs at all but use adderall to study and do schoolwork.

illadelph,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
My main concern is if it is prescribed for productivity purposes, what happens when you don't have it, are you not productive? To me, it's a slippery slope because of that reason, why I decided to not use it even tho I felt like Superman during my initial trial period.

For me, it feels better to just force myself to focus and do something. I enjoy MJ for relaxation purposes and to stimulate my appetite. Now, I don't even feel hungry when I don't vape. That is why I don't like to become reliant on something for a specific purpose, especially one that deals with productivity. If this isn't important to you, then by all means, I think it is worth trying. For me, it is important to know that I can achieve my goals without a crutch and that is why I decided to forego adderal

stonemonkey55,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've never heard of Adderall, but I've heard of "ice" - which I think is smoke-able "speed."
I think you should just stick with the herb - I remember in the sixties Frank Zappa used to do public service announcement on TV advising against the use of speed.
He said something to the effect that it destroys your mind and your liver and it makes you just like your parents, so avoid it.

A cup of diner strength coffee should suffice....

jeffp,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
comparing that smokable speed to adderall would be like comparing opiates like percocets to smoking opium. :2c:

i think you should try adderall for yourself and be your own judge. it affects everyone differently just like anything else in life. i highly doubt trying it once will ever lead to smoking meth.

edit: i use ritalin frequently and have no trouble doing schoolwork without it. i just like having it around for finals, mid terms, and 10+ page papers.

double edit: caffeine has no effect on me.

illadelph,
do you mean that caffeine has no immediately noticeable physiological or mental effect on you? Hey jeffp remember another of Frank's sayings-"the cocaine decision you make today won't mean a thing when you get nose decay!"

thevapedcrusader,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
illadelph said:
comparing that smokable speed to adderall would be like comparing opiates like percocets to smoking opium. :2c:

i think you should try adderall for yourself and be your own judge. it affects everyone differently just like anything else in life. i highly doubt trying it once will ever lead to smoking meth.

edit: i use ritalin frequently and have no trouble doing schoolwork without it. i just like having it around for finals, mid terms, and 10+ page papers.

double edit: caffeine has no effect on me.
You're right - I have no knowledge or experience in this area.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Keep it natural, folks.

Just Say No to crutch pharmaceuticals.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom